German woman falls to her death from Bangkok condo

rooster59

German woman falls to her death from Bangkok condo

post-247607-0-78044100-1466823077_thumb.

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK:-- A German expat has been found dead after falling from the 24th floor of a Bangkok condominium.

Officers from Lumpini police station and emergency responders were called to the unnamed condominium on Soi Mahatlek Luang just after 11.30pm on Friday night where they found the body of Doris Erika Beger, 57, laying face down in the swimming pool.

A medical examination revealed she had multiple fractures to her body, leading police to conclude she had fallen from one of the condominium rooms, reported Daily News.

Upon questioning, her German husband, reported to be a lawyer working in Bangkok, said he and his wife had lived in the condominium for three years.

Earlier in the evening they had been out eating and drinking together before returning to their room where they had a heated argument.

The argument ended when Mrs Beger leapt to her death from the condominium balcony, her husband told investigating officer Pol Capt Noppa Klongbo.

Police said they are continuing to investigate the incident and will check CCTV footage and also are awaiting the results of a post mortem to determine the official cause of death.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-25

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think Mr. Beger will have some serious explaining to do... I very much doubt that she jumped voluntarily.

Let Mr. Beger jump during the reenactment, please! Just to make it more "realistic"...

RIP Doris Erika - hope you are in a better place right now.

Think Mr. Beger will have some serious explaining to do... I very much doubt that she jumped voluntarily.

Let Mr. Beger jump during the reenactment, please! Just to make it more "realistic"...

Better place?

Lying on a slab in the morgue as opposed to living in a high rise apartment I know there are some hellish apartments in Thailand, but was hers really that bad?

Here we go again, another 100 posts on why it happened.

Here we go again, another one with NOTHING to post, but likes to see their name.

What I find interesting is the pool water is so calm, did no one think to drag her out and apply resuscitation, her husband new she "jumped" and "didn't" raise the alarm until some time later, and a "fall" from their condo didn't make any sound to raise any suspicion from other dwellers.

Edited by MediaWatcher

On what basis do you say she didn't commit suicide? It does happen.

I mean you might be right but calling for the husband to re-enact this woman's death is somewhat extreme, especially given we don't know what really happened.

...a twist in the foreigners flying off the balconies....

...where there are Thais involved as 'other parties present or not'...immediate suicide....

...where the other person present is a foreigners...let's see....

...sorry but...time and again...foreigners are guilty where Thais are not it seems....

Here we go again, another one with NOTHING to post, but likes to see their name.

What I find interesting is the pool water is so calm, did no one think to drag her out and apply resuscitation, her husband new she "jumped" and "didn't" raise the alarm until some time later, and a "fall" from their condo didn't make any sound to raise any suspicion from other dwellers.

maybe after a 'heated argument, he went to bed and didn't know she jumped until some time later, or maybe he wanted it to look that way ?

Maybe they had planned to commit suicide together.

But once she'd killed herself, ........................things suddenly looked a lot more positive.........................coffee1.gif

Haha, yes I thinking the same, you go first and I will follow,, ( just 20 years later) And with all the sexy young woman in BKK who would want a old 57 year old wife, probably overweight and obnoxious too, I say that, as they end up in a heated argument after a night out wining and dinning... hehe

I wonder if he had just taken out life insurance for her ? that could be a clue !

Better place?

Lying on a slab in the morgue as opposed to living in a high rise apartment I know there are some hellish apartments in Thailand, but was hers really that bad?

yeah but a slab is cheap, no power, no cable TV, no water, No management fees, no life !!

maybe after a 'heated argument, he went to bed and didn't know she jumped until some time later, or maybe he wanted it to look that way ?

Maybe you should read the whole story, "The argument ended when Mrs Beger leapt to her death from the condominium balcony,"

Good friends of mine.

RIP Doris.

And no chance the husband did it. He was devoted to her.

Devoted to her enough to have such a heated argument that she would jump to her death,, No body knows what couples are like behind closed doors !

Maybe he tried to stop her, (a bit like going through a door) but he pushed instead of pulled ?

Good friends of mine.

RIP Doris.

And no chance the husband did it. He was devoted to her.

Devoted to her enough to have such a heated argument that she would jump to her death,, No body knows what couples are like behind closed doors !

Maybe he tried to stop her, (a bit like going through a door) but he pushed instead of pulled ?

I might add, is't it strange a woman with such a devoted husband would jump to her death,, many woman have shit husbands but don't do that !!!

or are you trying to give him a character reference, I wonder ?

As usual, people with far too much time on their hands speculating away

Yep, it fills in an hour or two after a morning on the beach, haha, and lots of retired people live in Thailand, with plenty of time on their hands,.

You don't do irony, do you? ;)

Everyone is thinking murder or suicide.. But it could have just been an accident ??, after the argument, he went to bed, she was feeling a bit happy winning an argument after all those years of losing them,, so she decided to do something crazy to celebrate, like walk along the balcony rail..

Bugger, that wasn't as easy as I thought it would be !!! whistling.gif

You don't do irony, do you? wink.png

One of us doesn't

irony1
ˈʌɪrəni/
noun
  1. the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
    "‘Don't go overboard with the gratitude,’ he rejoined with heavy irony"
    synonyms: sarcasm, sardonicism, dryness, causticity, sharpness, acerbity, acid, bitterness,trenchancy, mordancy, cynicism; More
    • a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result.
      plural noun: ironies
      "the irony is that I thought he could help me"
      synonyms: paradox, paradoxical nature, incongruity, incongruousness, peculiarity
      "the irony of the situation hit her"
    • a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions is clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.
      noun: dramatic irony; plural noun: tragic irony

A new twist on an old story. Obviously needs a full, detailed, investigation. By the way, heated arguments are not unusual between devoted couple. Known many couples who've been together 10/20 years, and argue like cat and dog.