Pepper Spray

GracelessFawn

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard there's a store in MBK called Scampy's that sells these products

If your down Rangsit way,

There available at the evening market infront of (Air Asia Hotel)

The couple set up there stall on the corner opposite Mc Donalds pepper spray is around $350 bt.

Even better for yourself invest into a taser gun which is available, they range from around $800 to $1500bt the higer the volts the better. "Scare the shit out of most when they hear the crackly"

Protect your self at all cost SURE you talk about hitting harder well then even it up with a set of knuckle duster.

Keep safe

C-sip

I heard there's a store in MBK called Scampy's that sells these products

If your down Rangsit way,

There available at the evening market infront of (Air Asia Hotel)

The couple set up there stall on the corner opposite Mc Donalds pepper spray is around $350 bt.

Even better for yourself invest into a taser gun which is available, they range from around $800 to $1500bt the higer the volts the better. "Scare the shit out of most when they hear the crackly"

Protect your self at all cost SURE you talk about hitting harder well then even it up with a set of knuckle duster.

Keep safe

C-sip

I nearly fell off my chair, i thought you was saing $350 for pepper spray, 350bht,,,,

Pepper spray is better than taser in this situation, with pepper spray you can press and keep presed and move the aim left and right for several second ensuring you hit the target. You also get more than one attempt You can hold the pepper spray easy in your hand inside your pocket,

The taser, you have to aim, get one shot, not easy to pull out and use quickly. sounds and looks great,

but PEPPER SPRAY will do the job , better

I witnessed a man pepper srayed, staight down he went holding his face and wasnt in a rush to get up. Though that may have had more to do with the police hitting him while on the floor with their night sticks :o ( I would have been a whitenss, but this guy had it coming to him (another story)).

The taser, you have to aim, get one shot, not easy to pull out and use quickly. sounds and looks great,

but PEPPER SPRAY will do the job , better

I witnessed a man pepper srayed, staight down he went holding his face and wasnt in a rush to get up. Though that may have had more to do with the police hitting him while on the floor with their night sticks :o ( I would have been a whitenss, but this guy had it coming to him (another story)).

Pepper spray is pretty good to use for moderate distance. Not so good for close up or windy conditions. Then too, there are some people who it doesn't seem to have much effect on, especially someone hyped up on yah-bah.

Stun guns are effective for close up encounters. From modest distance, an assailant might be intimidated and think twice after hearing and seeing the electrical crackling. When using a stun gun, best to strike near where the neck and shoulders meet, if at all possible. But generally, most anywhere will do. A high powered stun gun will dtrop most assailants almost instantly, and keep them immobilized for several minutes, long enough to get away to safety.

Again, stun guns or tasers might not always be effective on someone who is really crazy and hyped up.

The personal security alarms seem pretty useless, much like car alarms. People are so use to hearing them, they're often considered as an audible irritation and ignore tham. The squeal the personal alarms emit is suppose to cause an addailant to run not wanting to be seen or caught by other people. But again, as someone mentioned, they could alert others to get out of the way rather than assist the victim.

Regardless of such personal security a person may have, the initial purpose is to frighten the assailant. However, that's assuming the assailant is unarmed and bent on manhandling and mauling the victim. Other than that, most personal security devices are useless if an assailant has a gun or a knife.

As memtioned, it's important to first quickly size up the situation and avoid any confrontation if at all possible. If not, then resort to use anything that can help.

By the way, someone mentioned knuckle dusters. I'd suggest the kind the have sharp nail like projections on them. In a pinch, a set of car keys held in the hand with the keys facing out from between your fingers can be a useful protective weapon for close combative encounters.

Also, I think there are spray cans that spray out an odor that smells like the worst fart you can imagine, sounds funny, but may be effective in some circumstances. Tracking the assailant down should be no problem. I believe there are also certain kinds of sprays that include a dye that can't be washed off but takes a couple of days or so to wear off. That also makes finding an assailant easier.

i have read many treads of yours, GracelessFawn ..and i know you love drinking.

when you are a sober girl/ no party animal , you don't need any pepper spray. :D

Anyway alcohol makes you get chubby as you are now ... quit it :D

ps.... in asian's standard you are fat ..sorry .. but someone has to tell you ..i know its rude.. but I'd better tell you .. don't mad at me :o

Edited by BambinA

i have read many treads of yours, GracelessFawn ..and i know you love drinking.

when you are a sober girl/ no party animal , you don't need any pepper spray. :D

Anyway alcohol makes you get chubby as you are now ... quit it :D

ps.... in asian's standard you are fat ..sorry .. but someone has to tell you ..i know its rude.. but I'd better tell you .. don't mad at me :o

Where did this come from?

Mods............

u must be the hottest girl .. :o

...either she is that, or maybe not a girl at all... :D

...in other words, it usually takes either bad luck, bad judgement (being in places where one shouldn't be, at times when one shouldn't be there), bad attitude or bad company to get assaulted in BKK...

here we go again.

A poster asks a question -- which you dont even attempt to answer -- and you speculate that she is probabaly responsible for any incedents she has suffered in the past.

who the hel_l are you to judge?

And bambina, perhaps you have a deeper issue with the woman? very, very, petty. perhaps you should be careful to avoid personal insults unless you want to recieve them back in kind. retract your claws.

My GF was attacked in a taxi a while ago. He drove down a side street (to avoid traffic, he said) and asked for her bag etc. While a horrible experience for her, it could have been a lot worse.

Now she always has pepper spray on her, especially when in a taxi alone.

You can buy it from a couple of street vendors at the corner of Suk Road, and Suk Soi 11.

I suspect it's illegal, because they never have it on the stalls - it's always under the counter in a bag. But just ask any of the vendors there; they'll take care of you.

About 150baht for a decent sized can, easily hidden in a girl's bag but not too big have in your hand at all times if you feel you need the security.

...For those who threw low blows........ thanks as well!

Fawn, I guess you are probably not Buddhist, but your magnanimity reminds me of something I once read in one of Danai Chanchaochai’s columns “Dharma moments” in the Bangkok Post: “When something or somebody upsets you, or worse, take a deep breath and tell yourself that you are fortunate to have this opportunity to practice your patience and forbearance”, or words to this effect.

---------------

Maestro

I would be reluctant to buy mace from a street vendor. You want to be confident the stuff works. On the other hand the vendors mace could be lethal... if you blind some pervert with under the counter mace the law might go hard on you. You should check out a gun shop, I saw a bunch of gun shops close to Chinatown, they would probably carry pepper spray, or know where it is sold.

you can buy from the street vendors on suk road between soi 7-9.

they have two types of spray. one is about 15o baht and the other was about 500 baht. the more expenisve looks very sturdy and is a green bottle.

i bought some for the wife and got a discount for a telescopic baton and knuckleduster for the car.

the wife decided to show off in her office and sprayed it in an enclosed room. all six staff were incapacitated and had to rush outside into the fresh air. ###### good stuff and thoroughly recommended.

I just don't get it there seems to be a spate of random bullshit threads going all along the same lines with the same result.

The OP asks a bloody ridiculous question, where can I can get a pepper spray in Bangkok? say no more. then all the Travis Bickles come out of the woodwork getting all technical with their woopass.

how many of you lot have had to use the shit your talking about?

If you don't feel safe where you live move somewhere else, if you keep getting in scrapes change your lifestyle.

Dealers and muggers carry c.s., pepper and knuckle dusters. your just <deleted> and your dangerous.

well i must say that for bambini to tell the lovely miss fawn thats she's fat and a drunkard has got me distressed big time.

i will proudly tell the world that miss fawn is the hottest bit of crumpet ive ever had the pleasure to lay my eyes on and im very sorry bambini but you just cant crack it up against the beautiful miss fawn.

she's a bleeding little cracker, intelligent, sensual and 135% woman.

if you get attacked again miss fawn dont be scared to call batman and the batmobile will be kicking the bad guys arse big time.

cheers to your lovely self :D and you just back off bambini and just worry about all those soi dogs please. :D

they frigging worry more than any mugger. :D

cheers :o

Thats hardcore stuff. have you considered one of those small high pitch squealing things? no not babies (although the sight of you carrying a baby could repel the stalker), a battery operated squealing thingi.

What are they called? And where can I get them?

They are usually called a "Shrieker." If the Thai laws prohibit you carrying pepper spray, you might want to consider carrying dilluted ammonia in a plastic squeeze bottle. A young lady I know used to carry that on her college campus and one night was attacked and sprayed the ammonia in the attacker's face. The attacker dropped like a rock. By dilluting the ammonia, you run less risk of permanent damaging the attacker's eyesight, although frankly it wouldn't worry me very much.

I just don't get it there seems to be a spate of random bullshit threads going all along the same lines with the same result.

The OP asks a bloody ridiculous question, where can I can get a pepper spray in Bangkok? say no more. then all the Travis Bickles come out of the woodwork getting all technical with their woopass.

If you don't feel safe where you live move somewhere else, if you keep getting in scrapes change your lifestyle.

Dealers and muggers carry c.s., pepper and knuckle dusters. your just <deleted> and your dangerous.

my wife has, thank god, never had to use the pepper spray in self-defence but she feels a lot safer carrying it about. i feel better knowing she has it too.

i do feel quite safe but you never know what is going to happen. it's better to be prepared.

Robski

Calm down put your feet up, drink some cool water, you seem to be getting very hot under the collar about a bloody ridiculous question. In your opinion.

Im sure that the OP has been helped by this thread. How and what she does with pepper spray is none of my concern.

Maybe your not looking at this from the right angle, try looking at it from her side traveling alone under what ever situation. Legal or not if it helps you out of a doggy jam why not feel safer nobody is looking for trouble here quite the opposite.

To take it one step further most people would then call on there weapon of choice (phone) and explain to the poilice. blar blar right and wrongs would then come out.

I'm sure @ less than 350BHT most people have tried some in the back yard.

Please listen to your self, random bullshit threads blar blar, travis bickles come out of the woodwork blar blar , woopass shit your talking about blar blar, don't feel safe where you live move somewhere else blar blar, if you keep getting in scrapes change you lifestyle blar blar, dealers and muggers carry blar blar, your just <deleted> and your dangerous blar blar.

Take two asprins and go to bed. :o

C-sip

Calm down put your feet up, drink some cool water, you seem to be getting very hot under the collar about a bloody ridiculous question. In your opinion.

Im sure that the OP has been helped by this thread. How and what she does with pepper spray is none of my concern.

Maybe your not looking at this from the right angle, try looking at it from her side traveling alone under what ever situation. Legal or not if it helps you out of a doggy jam why not feel safer nobody is looking for trouble here quite the opposite.

To take it one step further most people would then call on there weapon of choice (phone) and explain to the poilice. blar blar right and wrongs would then come out.

I'm sure @ less than 350BHT most people have tried some in the back yard.

C-sip

C-Sip, you beat me to it!

I couldn't have written it better!

u must be the hottest girl .. :o

...either she is that, or maybe not a girl at all... :D

...in other words, it usually takes either bad luck, bad judgement (being in places where one shouldn't be, at times when one shouldn't be there), bad attitude or bad company to get assaulted in BKK...

here we go again.

A poster asks a question -- which you dont even attempt to answer -- and you speculate that she is probabaly responsible for any incedents she has suffered in the past.

who the hel_l are you to judge?

And bambina, perhaps you have a deeper issue with the woman? very, very, petty. perhaps you should be careful to avoid personal insults unless you want to recieve them back in kind. retract your claws.

Don't throw rocks in a glass house, a-hole.

I had already answered her question on where to get pepper spray and other self defense weapons (see post #14) and was pointing out that if she has been assaulted twice in BKK then maybe she should take a look at her habits and attitude. A much better self defense is to avoid getting into situations where self defence weapons become necessary.

You have contributed nothing to this thread.