Pattaya Condo with Rooftop swimming pool, do you know any ?

thaivisaismylife

Tree Tops and i think Art on the Hill and The Axis near Pratamnack Hill. I can't see the point of roof top pools though. There are bound to be small, pose potential leakage problems and i presume only done to save money by buying smaller land plots.

What's the logic of roof top vs ground level?

Selling point, better view, more economical usage of ground area, possible fire-fighting advantages (see Towering Inferno).

Most high-rises seem to have rooftop or high-floor pools these days, sometimes in addition to other pools.

Hello,

My main reason is that I still cannot understand people who like to live with rats, cockroaches and mosquitoes...

Above 15th floor it's hard to find them, but maybe I am abnormal :-)

Thanks, I will check your places.

Edited by thaivisaismylife

If you live some floors beyond it saves you from the noise of shouting drunkards that populate the pool late in the night.

And no guard has the balls to shy them away/close the pool.

That's what a friend experienced.

Living on 3rd level, pool beyond his balcony.

Tree Tops and i think Art on the Hill and The Axis near Pratamnack Hill. I can't see the point of roof top pools though. There are bound to be small, pose potential leakage problems and i presume only done to save money by buying smaller land plots.

In nice buildings the roof top pool is simply an accoutrement to the full sized pool on a lower floor. The atmosphere on the roof top tends to be a little bit more grown up and most of the families with children will congregate at the larger pool. Rooftop pools sometimes also more direct sunlight than the lower pools. Leakage problems? lol This is really not usually a concern.

The roof top is a space that would otherwise be wasted. My building has a pool on the 9th and 44th floor on the roof. If a friend comes over and wants to swim laps and use the steam room and sauna the lower pool is the place to go. If a friend comes over and wants to lounge while have a panoramic view of the city the roof top is the place to go.

I use them both. There are many things in life worth hating on but roof top pools isn't one of them.

If you live some floors beyond it saves you from the noise of shouting drunkards that populate the pool late in the night.

And no guard has the balls to shy them away/close the pool.

That's what a friend experienced.

Living on 3rd level, pool beyond his balcony.

Noise can be a major issue.

Thai Nanny or babysitter never discipline the kids.

It's a scream fest.

I also hate swimming under hundreds of windows, do you know some condos at Naklua also ?

Baan Plai Haad (Wong Amat) has a roof-top pool, and a ground floor one, and a third small pool near the beach. The roof-top one has a nice view somewhat spoiled by other nearby condo buildings.

Maybe not rats and cockroaches, but termites can nest in any floor. Watch for them.

they swarm and then build a nest near the AC drain. They love laminate flooring and condo balcony ceilings.

Termites eat wood, not concrete block. Have you seen where they are a problem in condos here? Just curious.

Maybe not rats and cockroaches, but termites can nest in any floor. Watch for them.

they swarm and then build a nest near the AC drain. They love laminate flooring and condo balcony ceilings.

Termites eat wood, not concrete block. Have you seen where they are a problem in condos here? Just curious.

They are a major problem in condos.

The concrete bones of the building are safe. The furniture, floors,door frames, wood baseboards & trim can get decimated.

My building places a bait material under sinks (near water supply). The critters are supposedly taking the stuff back to the nest.

Edited by Buzzz

I saw termite infestations in Metro on the 6th or 7th floor a few years ago. Dont know whether they got rid of them since.

In nice buildings the roof top pool is simply an accoutrement to the full sized pool on a lower floor. The atmosphere on the roof top tends to be a little bit more grown up and most of the families with children will congregate at the larger pool. Rooftop pools sometimes also more direct sunlight than the lower pools. Leakage problems? lol This is really not usually a concern.

The roof top is a space that would otherwise be wasted. My building has a pool on the 9th and 44th floor on the roof. If a friend comes over and wants to swim laps and use the steam room and sauna the lower pool is the place to go. If a friend comes over and wants to lounge while have a panoramic view of the city the roof top is the place to go.

I use them both. There are many things in life worth hating on but roof top pools isn't one of them.

Plenty of condos with pool leakage problems TIT. IMO you would be crazy to buy a condo underneath 1000 tonnes of water.

I am not directly under the roof top pool here but my neighbors that are seem to have no issues. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a condo under a pool if it is in the right building. If I felt such a condo would be in any kind of danger, I would then cross the entire building off of my list not just the condo under the pool.

I am not sure even if the pool here leaked it would go through the re-enforced slab it sits on. I am pretty sure it is all designed to be channeled to the overflow on the one side. Roof top pools are going to be encased in solid concrete so it is very different than a pool in the ground as far as leaking. The slab it sits on if it is designed well would most likely be impervious to water.

Trust me, luxury buildings across the world do this everyday with little or no issues. Some dodgy condo in Pattaya maybe not. Anyway this isn't helping the OP find his roof top pool.

I am not directly under the roof top pool here but my neighbors that are seem to have no issues. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a condo under a pool if it is in the right building. If I felt such a condo would be in any kind of danger, I would then cross the entire building off of my list not just the condo under the pool.

I am not sure even if the pool here leaked it would go through the re-enforced slab it sits on. I am pretty sure it is all designed to be channeled to the overflow on the one side. Roof top pools are going to be encased in solid concrete so it is very different than a pool in the ground as far as leaking. The slab it sits on if it is designed well would most likely be impervious to water.

Trust me, luxury buildings across the world do this everyday with little or no issues. Some dodgy condo in Pattaya maybe not. Anyway this isn't helping the OP find his roof top pool.

I agree luxury buildings worldwide do have roof top pools but this is Thailand and I for one have listed a building that had issues with the pool on the roof. There are so many issues with building standards here for condos and houses, that by avoiding a roof top pool you are removing one item from the list of possible catastrophes.

I saw termite infestations in Metro on the 6th or 7th floor a few years ago. Dont know whether they got rid of them since.

Don't know about now, but it wasn't just the 6th and 7th floor. Even the higher floors I looked at had termites. It was the main reason I crossed Jomtien Metro off my list.