"Help Me Boot My Girlfriend Out Of London"

walg

I know this is the internet, and I know this is a web forum, and I know that we should encourage freedom of speech and all that good liberal stuff, but isnt there anyway we can ban people for being . . . well . . . just plain bloody stupid?

Bendix ... have you got a fan club? can I join? :o

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Women, gays and foreigners (incl illegals) have so many rights in the U.K. now that your best course of action HAS to be to get the correct legal advice.

Awww... for shame for shame, who let that happen!

In a world were white males are at an almost demi-god status in almost every continent, God forbid when one of you does not get his own way. By the way, who lied to you and told you a Stork delivered you?

hel_l hath no fury like a woman scorned, but hel_l hath no greater fury than a white male scorned.

Women, gays and foreigners (incl illegals) have so many rights in the U.K. now that your best course of action HAS to be to get the correct legal advice.

What! You mean they have the same rights as you? Outrageous! :D

Simple statement of fact for the U.K. these days and add to that the terrorists and criminals and I did mean excessive rights, but then again it seems I can see where your leanings are. And the point of the post was for the OP to get proper advice before deciding what to do instead of reading all the off topic posts. If, as it also seems, you cannot give the guy some decent advice but have to flame then that in itself says a lot :o

Some good points by Maestro, tropo, Bendix re a student not spouse visa...(I missed that entirely ..doh)

However, a key point from the OP was:

'..anyway i am her sponsor and i would rather not she be living in london under my nose so i want to send her back to thailand. she has a work permit but only part time, 20 hours and i have got some of her wage slips showing 30 plus hours. obviously a breach of the restrictions.

i am also worried she will bugger up my future chances of ever sponsoring someone else.'

Generalising terribly, most student visas have minimum financial criteria, which can be met by a third party including a sponsor, if the sponsor is no longer willing to meet that commitment it may provide grounds to cancel (because the reasons for the original grant are no longer present). Relying on attached work rights alone is not generally permitted as a means to self support.

However it may avoid a possible advantage and therefore attack on DV etc grounds as any relationship is not connected and merely ancillary to the reasons for the visa grant.

Secondly, again generalising terribly, there is always possibility of getting bad record with the powers that be, and that alone can influence any future sponsorship. I think the reasons and behaviour of OP towards relevant department in any cancellation of the sponsorship would be recorded and be highly relevant in any future sponsorship.

All the above is just pure conjecture as I am not aware of the regs nor likely permitted to advise on any personal situation in your jurisdiction…

I think it was Maestro above who makes the point at the end of the day the legal position overrules the other considerations so again get an qualified opinion. They are not that expensive if you list out the pertinent questions beforehand.

So it may be you have much less to worry about from a false attack on DV etc grounds (because it is not connected to the visa) and just have to worry about all the other dramas.

I fear it would be a very small club, helicopter.

I could hold its annual meeting in a telephone booth.

bendix,

you really should not be so cruel as to call these handsum men, my friend you, love you long time sort of guys, ( whoremongers ) as there girl is different. :D:D:D:o

cricky's mate,

you'll hurt someones feelings. :D

Walg, I've read your posts but you don't say you know 100% that she is seeing someone else.

I was suspicious once that my missus was seeing another man. She was coming home from work late and when I asked her why she would give me a load of old fanny that I knew was b/s.

So, I got someone to follow her for a couple of weeks. All she was doing was going out with her workmates for coffee or a drink.

I never told her that I had her followed, but I wondered why she wouldn't tell me the truth. It's not like I would have minded, but to come home from work late and give soppy reasons why got me suspicious, in the end for nothing.

Check first that she is seeing someone else.

Edited by markt