Bike Seat Destroyed.

Possum, when you find out what it is can you let us know what was doing the damage ! I have no suggestions what so ever - it is a mystery.

OK Xen, I will let you know, but it will be in a PM, I want to stay away from the motorbike forum as much as I can from now on.

Most of the posters have been very helpful, buy there are a few who are not.

You stated the Cat gets on everything incl your Vehicles..Could this be your Rat?

A friend suggested that, but in the ten years I have been here I have never seen a cat on the property at all.

Besides there are three dogs and I don't think they would be too pleased.

I have seen a couple of dead rats out on the road near my gate.

I was serious about the camera Possum.... no jokes there.

It mat not stop damage in the short term, but at least you will know what you are dealing with. Then you can work out a solid solution!

Just my 2c

Good post, but I am almost certain it was a rat responsible, and I am going to but a trap out every

night which hopefully will trap it, then I will drive a two or three Ks away, let it out and kill it.

Fair enough - then would it be possible to strap some kind of tarpaulin thing over the seat using a bungee cord ?

(just to save you having to continue to deal with the issue)

Yes I have thought about that, I will try and think of something.

Spray the seat at night with WD40, works for everything else smile.png

Are you stupid or just downright ignorant? I have specifically asked for no jokes.

Not stupid or ignorant... Just cause you specifically asked for no jokes doesn't call for rudeness smile.png

BTW, WD 40 works and you just wipe it off with a rag in the morning...

P.S why would you catch a rat, drive couple of km and then kill it ? Seems like a waste of fuel to me smile.png

If I catch the rat in one of these traps I cannot take the chance of it escaping then maybe coming back again, that's why I would take it far away and kill it then.

It would only be an act of revenge on my part killing it.

and if you were genuine about the WD40, then I apologise about what I said, I had a similar situation in a previous thread and then had idiots making jokes about it, that is why I was

concerned about the jokes, to me it is very serious having that damage done to my two bikes.

..maybe change you after shower powder.

Whatever is destroying your seat, for whatever reason they are attracted to it. Smell ? Salt from Sweat ? Try mothballs - place in a bag, lay on seat. Many animals do not like the scent, and will quickly vacate the premesis. Works under hood, under dash, under seats in cars too.

How about getting one of those netting seat covers that are supposed to keep your bum cool.?

Just a long shot??

Not sure that the netting would help resolve the critter doing this...

But if anyone is looking for these net seat covers, Thai friends order them through here. (I've never seen in shops)

http://www.friday.co.th/index.php

You'll need a Thai to go through the text. wink.png

It's a simple small cage with a spring loaded door, easily available at most hardware stores. Much better than poison and very effective.

and the best bait is about 1 inch / 30mm of hotdog from 7-eleven!

Yes, it is only good manners to answer any posts already there thumbsup.gif

OK Xen, I will let you know, but it will be in a PM, I want to stay away from the motorbike forum as much as I can from now on.

Most of the posters have been very helpful, buy there are a few who are not.

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post

Motorcycle cover 250 Baht or less will defeat cat or dog. I have seen cats scratching motorcycle seats before. They love them, just the right amount of give for cat satisfaction. Very unlikely to be birds. There would be bird muck and they would be active during the day.

Whatever is destroying your seat, for whatever reason they are attracted to it. Smell ? Salt from Sweat ? Try mothballs - place in a bag, lay on seat. Many animals do not like the scent, and will quickly vacate the premesis. Works under hood, under dash, under seats in cars too.

That sounds like a good idea, I will, thanks.

Motorcycle cover 250 Baht or less will defeat cat or dog. I have seen cats scratching motorcycle seats before. They love them, just the right amount of give for cat satisfaction. Very unlikely to be birds. There would be bird muck and they would be active during the day.

There were special covers bought for both the bikes from Lazada, and they were partly moved with only a slight tear.

I have two of these rat traps and I'm frightened to use them in case any of the dogs put their paw in and get it trapped.

I think it is a rat.

It's a simple small cage with a spring loaded door, easily available at most hardware stores. Much better than poison and very effective.

and the best bait is about 1 inch / 30mm of hotdog from 7-eleven!

Thanks, but I already have two, and one of the dogs may put it's paw in and get it trapped.

How about getting one of those netting seat covers that are supposed to keep your bum cool.?

Just a long shot??

Not sure that the netting would help resolve the critter doing this...

But if anyone is looking for these net seat covers, Thai friends order them through here. (I've never seen in shops)

http://www.friday.co.th/index.php

You'll need a Thai to go through the text. wink.png

Thanks, that's great, I will have a look. The PCX had a net over the seat but it was shredded also.

I had a Nouvo seat torn apart once; seemed too messed up to be done by a cat.

I had it redone and never had a problem again.

Mothballs seems like a great idea; I also think most animals don't like onions/garlic but you probably wouldn't want a bike smelling like those things.

Yep; I vote for the ghost theory or maybe vampires :)

I have now caught the culprit, it was a rat, I am now going to take it away and set it free. I don't have the heart to kill it.

I but the trap up on a table where the dogs would not get it, and kept the cat in overnight.

I wonder if it was just the one rat that did the damage, it seemed so much for one little animal, I wonder if it was more than one at the time.

Good news Possum. I suggest you set the trap for a few nights more (at least) as the one caught might be part of a family.

I like the idea of putting it out of reach of your dogs as that spring loaded door could really hurt their nose or paw !

I used to set my traps inside my workshop so my dogs couldn't get to them and actually caught 2 rats at the same time once !! Funny thing was when I released them in the jungle only 1 darted away while the other took his time before running.

I have now caught the culprit, it was a rat, I am now going to take it away and set it free. I don't have the heart to kill it.

I but the trap up on a table where the dogs would not get it, and kept the cat in overnight.

I wonder if it was just the one rat that did the damage, it seemed so much for one little animal, I wonder if it was more than one at the time.

Put the trap out again. Unlikely it was just one?

Put the trap out again. Unlikely it was just one?

I know mate, I am in Pattaya just now. and will put trap out again when I get home.