Lousy Ford service at ----- branch - better elsewhere?

This is the vin plate on my Fiesta. All of the info is missing and FordEtis is showing the wrong info for my vehicle. Still waiting for Ford Thailand to get back to me.

Apart from obviously not being Black Mica color and LHD, what else is wrong? The lower label suggests it was assembled in Germany, for the "PH" territory (Philippines). Was this a new purchase or used?

Primary Features[/size] Build Date:[/size] 12.07.2010 Vehicle Line:[/size] Fiesta 2010- B299A Body Style:[/size] 5 Door Saloon Version:[/size] Series 20 Engine:[/size] 1.4L Zetec-S VCT HPDC 95PS - Sigma Transmission:[/size] 5 Speed Manual Transaxle - B5/IB5 Drive:[/size] LHD FWD Emission:[/size] Stage IV Emissions Territory:[/size] (+)"PH" Paint:[/size] Black Mica

Minor Features

• Rayong Assembly Plant - Thailand[/size]
  • Brand Owner - Ford[/size]
  • Less Passenger Air Bag[/size]
Is it running OK?

It was a used purchase and it runs fine and looks like new. It is also not a 1.4, 5 door model. The first 3 letters- MNB are the Thailand AutoAlliance Thailand plant.

AutoAlliance plant is in Rayong so that matches. Is that even a Ford Fiesta Thailand color? If purchased second-hand and not from Ford themselves, it will be a bit of a mystery for Ford too. Hopefully it wasn't a flood-damaged rebuild. What does the blue book say with regard to previous ownership and transfer dates?

Is there a VIN plate on the lower, front left side of the dashboard, immediately behind and viewable through the windshield?

Edited by NanLaew

I've had a Ford Focus for a couple of years and had the routine maintenance at Ford Ek Phaholyothin. Never had a problem with the car, so it was just the scheduled maintenance visits, and I had no problem at all. Made an appointment, they gave me a time to pick it up, and it was always ready then, washed and cleaned inside and out.

Last time I picked up my Ford after a routine service , it had greasy hand prints on the front wing , it has never been cleaned inside or out over the 4 years I have been going there.

Unfortunately it usually comes from the dealer principle.....If he/she came up by/through the sales side service is just an after thought....They only really care about the sales side & rolling up the numbers.....

They don't know any better....Service is just a check the list requirement....Enough boxes checked = must be ok - I've complied.....They don't know enough to value the good over the bad & usually only look at the service side from the bottom line - and usually supply poor service....

If they came by their money in a service way - or are savvy enough to realize that sales sells the first car & service sells the 2nd/3rd/4th cars - - - these are the dealerships. that seem to hire, train, retain people better & are more successful with superior service departments....

In the states if you had a good running Ford all was OK....But, if you had a problem vehicle it really was a problem......Ford's technical side has real problems solving problems & quite often lay it off on the dealers.....

I think the vehicles are more basic here which should help....

What doesn't help is the lack of qualified service end management & technicians here.....In the states the tech's gravitate away from problem - headache car lines waiting - some for years - to get a shot at working for a solid import manufacturer, where they would stay & make a career of it.....

In the vortex some dealers were always looking for more techs to replace the lost ones & service - such as it is suffers.....That's surely happening here too.....

post-175700-0-56473600-1468127262_thumb.

This is the vin plate on my Fiesta. All of the info is missing and FordEtis is showing the wrong info for my vehicle. Still waiting for Ford Thailand to get back to me.

I had similar issues with Nissan (also Sime Darby).

Sold it after only six months and took a major depreciation hit $$, simply because I didn't want or need the aggravation.

They lost me for life.

Like I said before, I've got better things to do with my time than fool around with incompetence. coffee1.gif

Unfortunately it usually comes from the dealer principle.....If he/she came up by/through the sales side service is just an after thought....They only really care about the sales side & rolling up the numbers.....

They don't know any better....Service is just a check the list requirement....Enough boxes checked = must be ok - I've complied.....They don't know enough to value the good over the bad & usually only look at the service side from the bottom line - and usually supply poor service....

If they came by their money in a service way - or are savvy enough to realize that sales sells the first car & service sells the 2nd/3rd/4th cars - - - these are the dealerships. that seem to hire, train, retain people better & are more successful with superior service departments....

In the states if you had a good running Ford all was OK....But, if you had a problem vehicle it really was a problem......Ford's technical side has real problems solving problems & quite often lay it off on the dealers.....

I think the vehicles are more basic here which should help....

What doesn't help is the lack of qualified service end management & technicians here.....In the states the tech's gravitate away from problem - headache car lines waiting - some for years - to get a shot at working for a solid import manufacturer, where they would stay & make a career of it.....

In the vortex some dealers were always looking for more techs to replace the lost ones & service - such as it is suffers.....That's surely happening here too.....

How are the Fords here 'more basic'?

Other brands' cars often seem to be neutered for the Thai market, but Ford less so.

Apart from obviously not being Black Mica color and LHD, what else is wrong? The lower label suggests it was assembled in Germany, for the "PH" territory (Philippines). Was this a new purchase or used?

Primary Features[/size] Build Date:[/size] 12.07.2010 Vehicle Line:[/size] Fiesta 2010- B299A Body Style:[/size] 5 Door Saloon Version:[/size] Series 20 Engine:[/size] 1.4L Zetec-S VCT HPDC 95PS - Sigma Transmission:[/size] 5 Speed Manual Transaxle - B5/IB5 Drive:[/size] LHD FWD Emission:[/size] Stage IV Emissions Territory:[/size] (+)"PH" Paint:[/size] Black Mica

Minor Features

• Rayong Assembly Plant - Thailand[/size]
  • Brand Owner - Ford[/size]
  • Less Passenger Air Bag[/size]
Is it running OK?

It was a used purchase and it runs fine and looks like new. It is also not a 1.4, 5 door model. The first 3 letters- MNB are the Thailand AutoAlliance Thailand plant.

AutoAlliance plant is in Rayong so that matches. Is that even a Ford Fiesta Thailand color? If purchased second-hand and not from Ford themselves, it will be a bit of a mystery for Ford too. Hopefully it wasn't a flood-damaged rebuild. What does the blue book say with regard to previous ownership and transfer dates?

Is there a VIN plate on the lower, front left side of the dashboard, immediately behind and viewable through the windshield?

Everything in the book looks OK. The 1st owner is Autoalliance- Rayong and the 2nd is the dealer i bought it from in BKK.

• 11 months later...

I have hit a new low with Ford in Thailand , 16 days from ordering a battery from Ford in Kanchanaburi to date , and still no battery.

There has been no communication between the said dealer and ourselves explaining the delay or their lack of customer service.

W have tried contacting Ford by e-mail , facebook and phone calls , but keep getting " we will look into it " <deleted>.

Well 21 days ago I ordered a Battery from my Ford dealer , after 4 e-mails to Ford Bangkok , 3 messages on Fords Facebook page and 2 telephone calls to the dealer we just got a phone call from Ford Bangkok .

The lady spoke to my wife , " I am sorry for the delay in your battery delivery , but Ford are moving things around " when asked about a delivery date " maybe 2 weeks " end of phone call.

Ford customer service / Care.......

Edited by NE1