Brexit Retirement Pension Effect

Brexit Retirement Pension Effect = Large reduction in pension income. My pension is now well below the 65K level and net week will be at the mercy of immigration as to wether the funds in my bank account will meet the combination criteria for the retirement extension.

What precisely is your problem? Exchange rates vary. Investment income varies. Capital values vary. All this is entirely predictable. If you were foolish enough to retire without taking these effects into account and allow a sufficiently large buffer against such changes, then you have no one to blame but yourself. Don't blame British people wanting to be free of the EU's pernicious influence for your folly.

On the plus side, you can go back to the UK and experience an uprated state pension, free medical treatment, and all the wonders of living in a multicultural society where immigrants (both legal and illegal) are considered a higher priority for state handouts than you are.

You obviously believe the damage had nothing to do with the leave campaign. Even the 'leave' leaders are not prepared to accept responsibility, hence the brexodus.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brexit Retirement Pension Effect = Large reduction in pension income. My pension is now well below the 65K level and net week will be at the mercy of immigration as to wether the funds in my bank account will meet the combination criteria for the retirement extension.

What precisely is your problem? Exchange rates vary. Investment income varies. Capital values vary. All this is entirely predictable. If you were foolish enough to retire without taking these effects into account and allow a sufficiently large buffer against such changes, then you have no one to blame but yourself. Don't blame British people wanting to be free of the EU's pernicious influence for your folly.

On the plus side, you can go back to the UK and experience an uprated state pension, free medical treatment, and all the wonders of living in a multicultural society where immigrants (both legal and illegal) are considered a higher priority for state handouts than you are.

I may have a problem with the technicalities of immigration requirements but that does not mean I have a problem. Arrogance is quite distasteful, you have no idea of my circumstances but you assume the right to lecture. You obviously see yourself as some investment guru but there is more than one one way to skin a cat, I have invested and continue to do so in reducing outgoings. Not quite the same as an extensive portfolio but a great deal more self satisfaction.

I would not make any difference what income level I had, I would still be annoyed to lose 10 percent of it because a bunch of inept politicians damaged the UK economy in pursuit of their own self interest.

We see every day leave voters admitted they were wrong and had been conned, I accept that none of the leavers on here are likely to stand up and be counted. Its now all about excuses, how did you put it " Exchange rates vary. Investment income varies.". Only the delusional would see the disastrous effect of the referendum vote as market fluctuation.

You obviously believe the damage had nothing to do with the leave campaign.

I wrote nothing of the sort. Of course the recent fall in the value of Sterling is related to the Brexit vote. My point was that financial markets are volatile and capital and income values against a second currency are (generally) not guaranteed, and that should be taken into account by any potential retiree to Thailand.

We see every day leave voters admitted they were wrong and had been conned,

Where? I've not seen any so far.

My pension. It was paid last Friday, about 10 percent less than the previous payment in early June.

Nobody would have their pension paid direct to a foreign country every month unless they were completely broke.

The state will freeze your pension and you are at the mercy of short term currency fluctuations.

Edited by MissAndry

I've seen plenty, both in the UK media and on UK TV programmes like "Question Time" where people that voted out are beginning to question the claims made by the people who encouraged them to do so.

My pension. It was paid last Friday, about 10 percent less than the previous payment in early June.

Nobody would have their pension paid direct to a foreign country every month unless they were completely broke. The state will freeze your pension and you are at the mercy of short term currency fluctuations.

That comment is incredibly pompous and patronising, you have absolutely no idea of other peoples personal circumstances.

Edited by thonglorjimmy
Nobody would have their pension paid direct to a foreign country every month unless they were completely broke.

The state will freeze your pension and you are at the mercy of short term currency fluctuations.

It surely depends on which foreign country one retires to, as to whether the state will freeze your pension, or not ?

At least until the government gives overseas-pensioners justice, and treats them all equally. wink.png

It surely depends on which foreign country one retires to, as to whether the state will freeze your pension, or not ?

Thread is Brexit on a Thailand forum, most of us don't have much doubt over home country, or retirement country.

Up to 7 per cent of the people who voted for a Brexit in the EU referendum now regret their choice, new research has found.

When the survey’s findings are projected on to last week’s vote, they would cut the Leave share by 1.2 million, almost wiping out the majority that gave Friday's shock result.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-second-eu-referendum-leave-voters-regret-bregret-choice-in-millions-a7113336.html

The second part of the post I will treat with the contempt it deserves.

Dear Sandyf,

All this rubbish has already been posted ad infinitum

According to the bankers, lefty liberal media and polls

We know Brexit voters are old, poor, racists with a low level of education.

We know most of them regret their votes and want to remain like all the young, educated and intelligent people.

We also know if there were another vote (zero chance, they wouldn't dare) everyone who believes in freedom and democracy would vote leave.

But what I really wonder is if YOU really want to live in a Federal Europe, why are you living in Thailand?

Edited by MissAndry

Up to 7 per cent of the people who voted for a Brexit in the EU referendum now regret their choice, new research has found.

When the surveys findings are projected on to last weeks vote, they would cut the Leave share by 1.2 million, almost wiping out the majority that gave Friday's shock result.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-second-eu-referendum-leave-voters-regret-bregret-choice-in-millions-a7113336.html

The second part of the post I will treat with the contempt it deserves.

I agree with Miss Andry.

The pros and cons have been debated here on TV for weeks prior to Independence Day, with you being a loud voice for Project Fear.

Over seventeen million British people voted to leave this failed experiment called the EU, with a greater turnout than all previous Brittish elections bar none.

It was a brave vote for freedom and democracy.

You really need to accept that this is far bigger than your pension being temporarily down 10% and move on. i.e. GET OVER IT !

Dear Sandyf,

We know most of them regret their votes and want to remain like all the young, educated and intelligent people.

We also know if there were another vote (zero chance, they wouldn't dare) everyone who believes in freedom and democracy would vote leave.

But what I really wonder is if YOU really want to live in a Federal Europe, why are you living in Thailand?

The leave campaign started all the rubbish and it is far from over. The vote was only the starting pistol and has laid the foundation for the breakup of the United Kingdom. It will be a sad day when British families end up in separate countries. Those that want out are just oblivious to the cost or the potential consequences.

I am just glad I have had my time as the future is looking extremely bleak.

The leave campaign started all the rubbish and it is far from over. The vote was only the starting pistol and has laid the foundation for the breakup of the United Kingdom. It will be a sad day when British families end up in separate countries. Those that want out are just oblivious to the cost or the potential consequences.

The coming period promises to be tasty ...

post-234089-0-21174300-1468231348_thumb.

Dear Sandyf,

. It will be a sad day when British families end up in separate countries.

A bit rich coming from one who lives in Thailand !!

Dear Sandyf,

You must be one of the saddest, debilitating person to spend time with that I can think of!

The vote was only the starting pistol and has laid the foundation for the breakup of the United Kingdom. It will be a sad day when British families end up in separate countries. Those that want out are just oblivious to the cost or the potential consequences.

You are living in the most prosperous and peaceful time in western world history, and you think things look bleak?

Do you mean bleak like in the 70s when there were power shortages, everyone had to light coal fires and only the elite could holiday abroad?

Or do you mean bleak like in WW1 where everyone was staving and half the men were killed in trenches?

Or end of the world bleak like 'peak oil' that was supposed to happen now, but never did?

Please explain what level of 'bleak' you are expecting?

Edited by MissAndry

There have been lots of unequivocal statements made in this thread, and others discussion the referendum result.

They are going to make interesting reading in a couple of years time.

i wonder how the resident musqe i mean brexiteers will feel when in 2023 a Brussels appointed EU viceroy resides in London approving or rejecting sharia rulings. huh.png

Dear Sandyf,

Why?

My being here is not enforced unlike the fence that will go up across Ireland and potentially between Scotland and England.

Of course the brexit can go back on what they said and leave an open border between the Disunited Kingdom and the EU.

Edited by sandyf

The vote was only the starting pistol and has laid the foundation for the breakup of the United Kingdom. It will be a sad day when British families end up in separate countries. Those that want out are just oblivious to the cost or the potential consequences.

You are living in the most prosperous and peaceful time in western world history, and you think things look bleak?

Do you mean bleak like in the 70s when there were power shortages, everyone had to light coal fires and only the elite could holiday abroad?

Or do you mean bleak like in WW1 where everyone was staving and half the men were killed in trenches?

Or end of the world bleak like 'peak oil' that was supposed to happen now, but never did?

Thank you for that I didn't realise I was one of the elite.

Dear Sandyf,

Why?

My being here is not enforced unlike the fence that will go up across Ireland and potentially between Scotland and England.

Of course the brexit can go back on what they said and leave an open border between the Disunited Kingdom and the EU.

Drama queen coffee1.gif

The markets are responding well, to the reduced uncertainty following the swift election of Theresa may, as new Conservative party-leader & PM.

" The pound rose above $1.31 as markets welcomed the removal of uncertainty from the Conservative's leadership contest, with Theresa May set to be the new prime minister.

Sterling rose more than 1% against the dollar to $1.3149, and was 0.6% higher against the euro at €1.1826. "

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36772309

Thank you for that I didn't realise I was one of the elite.

So by 'bleak' you mean 2 bottles of Chang in an evening instead of your usual 3.

And not anything important to the rest of humanity.

Edited by MissAndry

The markets are responding well, to the reduced uncertainty following the swift election of Theresa may, as new Conservative party-leader & PM.

" The pound rose above $1.31 as markets welcomed the removal of uncertainty from the Conservative's leadership contest, with Theresa May set to be the new prime minister.

Sterling rose more than 1% against the dollar to $1.3149, and was 0.6% higher against the euro at €1.1826. "

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36772309

Pfft yeah the £ is killing it now...

1.31 and newsworthy.

They can still qualify using the combination method.

For example, pension of 600K plus Thai bank account of 200K meets the requirement.

UK state pension is nowhere near Baht 600k.

Therefore a person only receiving that income,never used the pension income method alone.