Video: drivers lucky to avoid death as pick-up enters klong in Pathum Thani

webfact

Video: drivers lucky to avoid death as pick-up enters klong in Pathum Thani

s2p.jpg
Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A pick-up ended up in the klong alongside Wat Dhammakaya on Monday after a head on collision with another pick-up.

The smash was captured on the dash cam of an Isuzu MU-X, reported Thairath. The driver is unable to avoid an oncoming Isuzu D-Max that is trying to overtake.

The D-Max driven by 42 year old Dech Denduang who ends up in Klong 2 after the accident yesterday morning.

Fortunately there was no loss of life or injuries. Police have called both drivers in to give evidence.

Image: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-28

yet another brainless moronic Thai <deleted> driver thinks he can overtake when there is oncoming traffic, I ran one of these w*nkers off the road a year or so back and watched his pick up roll over in my rear view mirror as i refused to bow to his flashing "get out of my way lights" as he tried to pass on MY side of the road knowing full well I was coming.

let me see !! wet roads,? no. brakes failed,? no. dash cam .? yes, caught bang to rights. i wonder what his feeble excuse will be for this one. yes i got it, he will blame the car he was overtaking for going too slow.clap2.gif

Edited by mercman24

The driver of the filming car also not the best example of safe driving: Obvious obstruction ahead (parked car) anoher car overtakes said car and moves into filming car's lane and the guy just speeds ahead anyway :rolleyes: 99% sure he would have been trying the same overtake manouver from the other side. ;)

The driver of the filming car also not the best example of safe driving: Obvious obstruction ahead (parked car) anoher car overtakes said car and moves into filming car's lane and the guy just speeds ahead anyway :rolleyes: 99% sure he would have been trying the same overtake manouver from the other side. ;)

Not sure I understand correctly but are you saying the car with dashcam is partially at fault? If so I'd have to disagree with you. The pickup that ended up in the klong wasn't overtaking the parked car, he was overtaking the car ahead of him who was itself avoiding the parked car (review the clip, there are four vehicles involved included the parked car).

I'm not sure the car with the dashcam could have done anything differently other than swerving left and ending up in the klong himself.

Two morons meet near the river... I can't get my head around the fact that most here do not react, slow down or try anything to avoid an accident at all. The driver with the dash cam just continues full speed (and too fast) even when he sees the pickup on his lane. He was either playing around with his smartphone or in a comatose state, perhaps intoxicated. The pickup moron - instead of hitting the brakes and swerving back onto his lane to safety, he turns right... What a bunch of imbeciles... ermm.gif

Edited by MockingJay

Not sure I understand correctly but are you saying the car with dashcam is partially at fault? If so I'd have to disagree with you. The pickup that ended up in the klong wasn't overtaking the parked car, he was overtaking the car ahead of him who was itself avoiding the parked car (review the clip, there are four vehicles involved included the parked car).

I'm not sure the car with the dashcam could have done anything differently other than swerving left and ending up in the klong himself.

No, I'm not saying dashcam car is at fault.

The imbecile in the pick up truck was taught to drive by a buffalo, and he then took his horrific lack of skills, intelligence, consideration, manners, etiquette, and respect onto the road. He was hogging the road. He should have slowed down, to yield to the car who he stole the lane from. Instead what does he do? He forges ahead, displaying to the world that his IQ is less than room temperature, in a farmhouse in the French countryside, in winter time. What a complete moron. It is as if he was saying, yes I have taken over your lane, but you must get out of my way. I am a big man, with a big truck. I am very important. You must get out of my way. The circumstances are irrelevant. You must respect me, by getting off the road.

Who are these morons? Where were they, when the life lessons were being handed out?

In a civilized country, he would be charged with reckless driving, his license would be revoked, he would be subject to massive fines, and might spend some time in prison. Let us hope some of that happens here. Something has to be learned, even by the ignorant, and the dumb.

Edited by spidermike007

Obviously the Izuzu driver is at fault. If he had not been there then the D-Max lunatic driver would have been able to carry on driving on the wrong side of the road as he should do. After all this is Thailand, the home of safe driving.

I doubt that an accident could have been avoided even if the dash cam driver had slowed down or slammed on the brakes for a full stop. It looks like there would not have been enough time for the oncoming white car driver to finish overtaking the oncoming black car and return to his own lane in time.

the empty headed water buffalo headed's activated wipers, while in the canal, was a nice touch! ( rain-sensing? 555 )

... and why not show to the the world: the wet car's number plates?? he needs to lose some face in public, to water-down that racedriver's ego a little

The driver of the filming car also not the best example of safe driving: Obvious obstruction ahead (parked car) anoher car overtakes said car and moves into filming car's lane and the guy just speeds ahead anyway rolleyes.gif 99% sure he would have been trying the same overtake manouver from the other side. wink.png

wow thats the best English Ive ever seen a Thai write....................u must be Thai right?

I Like the way the winker in the water has opened the bonnet ( Hood to Yanks) as that will surely help the engine cool down..............just like you see them doing at gas stations like sheep.

I Like the way the winker in the water has opened the bonnet ( Hood to Yanks) as that will surely help the engine cool down..............just like you see them doing at gas stations like sheep.

What's a winker? You must be Thai, right?

The driver of the filming car also not the best example of safe driving: Obvious obstruction ahead (parked car) anoher car overtakes said car and moves into filming car's lane and the guy just speeds ahead anyway rolleyes.gif 99% sure he would have been trying the same overtake manouver from the other side. wink.png

wow thats the best English Ive ever seen a Thai write....................u must be Thai right?

Wow! That's the best English I've ever seen a Thai write....................You must be Thai, right?

;)

Can anyone assist in identifying the model of the insurance guy's motorbike?

On a related point, if the Isuzu Mu-X had been a small car or motorbike, the chance of serious injury or a fatality would be greatly increased. Just a point to ponder but I doubt if Mr Denduang does much pondering of anything beyond the lottery numbers and his own ego, judging by his driving.

What's a winker? You must be Thai, right?

as u dont understand I can only assume you are Thai.

I suggest you look at "bottom"

http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=bottom-1991&episode=s02e05

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_(Bottom)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22g4t4_bottom-season-2-episode-5-holy_shortfilms

Edited by kannot

Wow! That's the best English I've ever seen a Thai write....................You must be Thai, right?

wink.png

nah im just lazeeeeeee

D_amn these pesky dash cam videos. Police Federation must be lobbying hard to get them banned.

[Much reduced scope for tea money in not being able to play off those involved when reaching a just (tongue.png ) conclusion.]