New Immigration Office in Roi Et

Liquorice

Google has changed a lot the way one works with maps. Testing embedding the map:

Hurrah, it works. However, previously one could link to an individual marker on the map, now no longer possible. It is still a useful tool, though.

19 hours ago, kowpot said:

How many are considering a move if there are more immigration offices?  Would you consider moving to Roi-Et now?

I know when I moved to Khon Kaen. The fact that there was an immigration office here was a definite factor.

Yeah it has a decent shopping mall now too which is an added plus as well, still doesn't have anything on Central Plaza Khon Kaen, but RoiEt city definitely has a lot more to offer now than what it did when I first moved to RoiEt.  There are very few reasons to visit Khon Kaen/Ubon now, English movies are the main reason, and they are often available in Sarakham anyway, so don't need the full trip to Khon Kaen.

Haha even the small town I live in, 50km south of RoiEt, is meant to be getting a Tesco Lotus next year (Just a "Talat" one, so a size down from the one in RoiEt City, but it'll still be handy).  Apparently it's a result of the "Cat One" store that opened here, which was about 3x the size of the existing 7/11s & Tesco Lotus, which meant the existing Tesco Lotus couldn't compete, so have signed a 25 year lease on some land and will apparently start building in the next month or two.  Word of warning I guess about trying to compete with Tesco Lotus or 7/11, it's a brutal business (I really feel for the guys who opened Cat One, as it kinda sucks to know the smaller guys will be driven out of business by the big corporates).

9 hours ago, doodly said:

Hi I live in kamalasai do you think ROI Et immigration will grant me a 60fay extension when my non o 90 day visa expires ? (Based on marriage )

Sorry, but you are in Kalasin Prov. so it is the "Wonderful" (Ya, Right) 2+ hour drive each way, over the dangerous two land Mountain roads, to Sakon Nakhon....  

Pianoman

19 hours ago, PeterEltham said:

I live in Kalasin, can I do my 90 day report in Roi Et? Just moved back from Phuket so I don't think I can do online as I have change of address??

Once again, Sorry, but you will need to use the Sakon Nakhon Immigration Office like the rest of us Farangs living in the most populous regain in Kalasin Provence ...  In the 16+ years that I have lived here (Kalasin), we have gone from using any Immigration office (which at that time  Mukdahan was the closest office, to then being required to drive the 3 hours each way to Nakhon Phamom , then they finally opened the Office in Sakon Nakhon...  At least I have found the Immigration personnel in Sakon Nakhon to be very efficient, polite, helpful and accommodating...

Pianoman

Peter, I don't know where in Kalasin you live, but if near Kuchinarai, or maybe even if not, drive highway 12 to the lights on the other side of Kuchinarai, turn right on highway 21 and drive to the other side of Khao Wong, not that far past the hospital maybe 1 to 2 kilometers, you will see a turn on the right 2287, there will be a sign saying to Don Luang, turn right along that road maybe 30 kilometers or more in the middle of the mountains, you will come to a Y intersection, there will be a sign saying to stay right to go to Don Luang, you want to stay left, again after maybe 30 kilometers you will come to a T intersection with a 7/11 on one side and a Tesco Lotus Express on the other. Turn right there and keep on that road and maybe 10 kilometers it will come to highway Highway 223, turn left there and it will take you right into Sakhon Nakon, depending where you live in Kalasin, it might be a little farther, but it is a lively drive through the mountains, the road is two lanes, but has a good tarmac. You drive through, a few villages, but it is not a dangerous road, and there are no heavy trucks. Just after you turn on to 223, maybe a kilometer or so, on your left is the Thai French Meet Company, if you want to stock up on some good steaks. It is a pleasant drive, and I enjoy it for my once a year extension. Better than the trip on highway 213, even if it's longer.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:59 AM, EilishKincla said:

hi there hoping to find some information, i need to get a visa extension, and i'm living in phanomphrai, do i go to roi-et and fill in the forms there? or can someone send me a link to print off at home?

thank you

Yes you go to Roi Et Immigration now.

Download forms (TM7)

http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

• 8 months later...

Archived