This terrifying flesh-eating poisonous underwater monster could RUIN your Thailand holiday

webfact

This terrifying flesh-eating poisonous underwater monster could RUIN your Thailand holiday
Scary beastie spotted in the waters of a country that's becoming increasingly popular with British tourists

BY JASPER HAMILL

sss.jpg
Source: Internet

LONDON: -- More than 900,000 Brits flock to Thailand every year in search of sun, sand and spicy shrimp soup.

But you might think twice about diving into the tropical nation’s crystal clear seas when you hear about a terrifying beast that’s been found living in Thai waters.

Researchers have discovered a “horrific” giant swimming centipede which is 20cm long with a taste for flesh and a sting so painful it would reduce the toughest person to a quivering mess.

It is the first water dwelling centipede that’s ever been discovered and is pretty much the most appalling thing anyone could encounter during a sexy skinny dip.

“Wherever I go in the world, I always turn over rocks beside streams, and that’s where I found this centipede, which was quite a surprise,” George Beccaloni of the Natural History Museum in London told National Geographic.

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1351056/this-terrifying-flesh-eating-poisonous-underwater-monster-could-ruin-your-summer-holiday/

-- THE SUN 2016-06-29

"Researchers have discovered a “horrific” giant swimming centipede which is 20cm long with a taste for flesh and a sting so painful it would reduce the toughest person to a quivering mess."

The Sun article is like poetry. Very bad one, but poetry nevertheless.

I guess, this Year much less then 900k Brits will com to Thailand.

Why?

Because at the moment, Sterling has lost 10% of it's value against the Thai Baht.

ah! the penny drops now.....

:)

Why?

Because at the moment, Sterling has lost 10% of it's value against the Thai Baht.

ah! the penny drops now.....

smile.png

What are you talking about?

You seem to be talking about the temporary 4 baht drop in the pound to baht.. it is a good suggestion to check the exchange boards as you can make up a baht depending on the days fluctuations.

Centipedees do not live in water but in humid and dark places. Its common all over Thailand.

Typical Sun rubbish.

Apparently not. A new species has been discovered which is amphibious, but it isn't red, its a darkgreen/black colour with yellow legs. read it in a UK newspaper yesterday - not the Sun.

True or not I don't know. Might be rubbish, might not be.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

More than 900,000 Brits flock to Thailand every year in search of sun, sand and spicy shrimp soup.

They failed to mention the reasons why the vast majority of Brits flock to Thailand which is cheap beer and cheap hookers. That's what they must of meant when they said spicy shrimp soup.

Why?

Because they are afraid of flesh eating centipedes, Thailand might be now looking to sue

the Sun,for bringing Thailand into disrepute with such nonsense.

regards worgeordie

Put that on your pride of Thailand promo!

Australia can put Thailand to shame with dangerous animals..

Agreed. If you want to know what serious pain is after an insect bite then try out one of our bullants.