Leaving the country for holiday 1 week before report due date, still need to report?

You do not have to do a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country if you leave on or before the 90th day, Your next report will be due 90 days from the date you enter the country.

Whether you will be able to get the re-entry permit at the airport depends upon which airport you are leaving from and/or the time of day you will be leaving.

• Like 1

You do not have to do a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country if you leave on or before the 90th day, Your next report will be due 90 days from the date you enter the country.

Whether you will be able to get the re-entry permit at the airport depends upon which airport you are leaving from and/or the time of day you will be leaving.

I know you are right; but I was charge 2,000 baht by Immigration in Nonthaburi. He told me I had to report every 90 days, even if I travelled

during the time. Cannot fight with them; so I paid :(

What if one were to do a border run during the 7 days after period?

Would that be a problem somehow?

The 7 days is only to do the report. Leaving during the 7 days is not equal to doing a report.

• Like 1

I know you are right; but I was charge 2,000 baht by Immigration in Nonthaburi. He told me I had to report every 90 days, even if I travelled

during the time. Cannot fight with them; so I paid sad.png

nonsense !

Let us say sometimes the rules are applied incorrectly, and arguing with a immigration official who has his heart set on some cash, and is not very receptive to correction and dissension in his badge laden uniform is not a good idea. I have been told I need to report as soon as I return to the country beyond the 90 days, and also myself not reported between annual renewals due to numerous international trips in the year without issue. TV can only tell us what the rules are..... bark's post is not nonsense.