Monk found with drugs, weapons and "masturbation equipment"

webfact

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people join the monkhood because they have mental health problems and can't afford rehab. Maybe this is the case here. Self medicating a mental illness with illegal drugs, therefore inducing pychosis that leads to strange behaviour, i.e masturbating into a tin can shaped into a womens private parts.

Wat Chonprathan

I met the former abbot of there, Luang Por Panyanda, when in I lived in Non many years ago. He was and still is a very venerated monk He had close ties to Buddhadasa Bhikkhu, who in my opinion was one of the greatest monks of the last century. I spent time at his forest temple, Suan Mokh in the early 90s and learned so much.

If only some of the monk-bashers had an open mind to read some of their books instead of believing everything they read by people who know nothing.

Wat Chonprathan

I met the former abbot of there, Luang Por Panyanda, when in I lived in Non many years ago. He was and still is a very venerated monk He had close ties to Buddhadasa Bhikkhu, who in my opinion was one of the greatest monks of the last century. I spent time at his forest temple, Suan Mokh in the early 90s and learned so much.

If only some of the monk-bashers had an open mind to read some of their books instead of believing everything they read by people who know nothig

Exactly ,people spouting ridicule here are godless ,and spout the usual hatred about anything Thai .There is good and bad in every religion .

Wat Chonprathan

If only some of the monk-bashers had an open mind to read some of their books instead of believing everything they read by people who know nothing.

I was surprised to find out it was this temple as well - it seems that when the head monk (often the most well practiced) passes away, things go downhill.

From this though there should be a weeding out of more deviants in that temple (it isn't just him, I'm quite sure) taking place from here on out.

As for monk criticizers that won't change. It's thaivisa.

Wat Chonprathan

If only some of the monk-bashers had an open mind to read some of their books instead of believing everything they read by people who know nothig

Exactly ,people spouting ridicule here are godless ,and spout the usual hatred about anything Thai .There is good and bad in every religion .

It's a breath of fresh air hearing from you and 'hookedondhamma'!

Sadly we are outnumbered by those who like to pass judgement to liven up their boring days.

Yes, every religion has good and bad. I'll bet you won't get immigrants in the UK etc spouting off hatred towards Christianity, for example.

I really wonder why Thailand breeds the sort of immigrant it does. Maybe because most aren't real immigrants an think they are some kind of special immigrant called an expat and are superior to the rest of the world.

Before the internet it was easy to avoid them by moving barstool but now, they spread their vitriol all over every thread here. Very sad.

Wat Chonprathan

I was surprised to find out it was this temple as well - it seems that when the head monk (often the most well practiced) passes away, things go downhill.

From this though there should be a weeding out of more deviants in that temple (it isn't just him, I'm quite sure) taking place from here on out.

As for monk criticizers that won't change. It's thaivisa.

I don't think for a minute that every monk I'd bad or evil however over the last few weeks they have been at the for front of the news. The shameful tiger episode and now this. Of course they quite rightly are going to be criticised and in this latest story of course there are going to be comments taking the mickey out of the ex monk. Quite rightly in my opinion on both stories. But I know the monks were I live and they are good men always helping and very likable. Even these monks are discusted at the tiger incident. Can't wait to talk to them tomorrow re this masterbating gun totting drug selling ex monk. I will bet they have a few laughs about one bit if it as well.

Not surprising when you consider the qualifications for the monkhood.

I wonder what sort of masturbation equipment he had and is masturbation illegal for monks or even for ordinary citizens in Thailand. Could the equipment be the famous liver in a jam jar one head of at school but never met anyone who admitted to having tried it?

Wat Chonprathan

It's a breath of fresh air hearing from you and 'hookedondhamma'!

Sadly we are outnumbered by those who like to pass judgement to liven up their boring days.

Yes, every religion has good and bad. I'll bet you won't get immigrants in the UK etc spouting off hatred towards Christianity, for example.

I really wonder why Thailand breeds the sort of immigrant it does. Maybe because most aren't real immigrants an think they are some kind of special immigrant called an expat and are superior to the rest of the world.

Before the internet it was easy to avoid them by moving barstool but now, they spread their vitriol all over every thread here. Very sad.

What's your take on Dave Allen or the Pythons...?

Amazing Thailand !!! Never stops amazing amazing.

Monks with masturbating equipmentclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Webfact please stop posting things like this, the laughter is killing me.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Good job i have my medication to keep me calm.rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Yes, this only happens in Thailand!!!

You guys make me laugh.

It's not like priests (Catholic, Orthodox, or Anglican) are so good, or any other religion or culture. No matter

where in the world you go there are good and bad people and they end up in all type of professions!!

Amazing Thailand !!! Never stops amazing amazing.

Monks with masturbating equipmentclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Webfact please stop posting things like this, the laughter is killing me.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Good job i have my medication to keep me calm.rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Yes, this only happens in Thailand!!!

You guys make me laugh.

It's not like priests (Catholic, Orthodox, or Anglican) are so good, or any other religion or culture. No matter

where in the world you go there are good and bad people and they end up in all type of professions!!

Pathetic, ain't it?

Sixteen replies and no obligatory it-happens-all-over-the-world comment?

You mean like the Catholic church ?

I was brought up an Irish Catholic ,but early on (roughly aged 12 ) found there story in the Tall tales league .Am now a buddist if anyone asks .

So, infinite afterlife until you finally learn to be one with the Universe does not sound like a tall tale?

I am curious, as you are now a Buddhist are you on your first life right now? Does this only start when you acknowledge your belief in Buddhism?

ok the tin cans are a bit weird, but I guess better than using children like some, he wasn't hurting anyone except the teachings of Buddha with that.

How can ýou hurt 'teachings'?

I think the secular world has moved on from holiness actually meaning anything worth a damn.

And by the looks of it, too many of its practitioners, these so called holy men. Worldwide.

Not true my friend, more people have faith in one religion or another today then ever before, and by that I mean %age of the Worlds population and subsequently number due to population rise. In short, religion is growing not declining with the muslim faith growing fastest of all, i think followed by Christians (protestants) It may be that the USA is turning its back on religion as is much of Europe, however, Africa, South America and more importantly Asia is growing fast and the populations here far exceed the USA and Europe.

It's not just "developing countries" either, South Korea has embraced Christianity in a big way.

You can bore yourself with the wiki data below

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_of_religion

Religion, once the opiate of the masses is now only the preserve of the scoundrel, and the determinedly backward.

Believe in being your best self. We could all start with that.

Are you starting your own religious sect?

Sent you some data on another of your posts, you are very ill informed about religion in the World today, its really just your opinion, nothing more.

What's happening in the Monkhood?

Same as has always happened. But why the surprise? There have been many studies which show that most people masturbate, and others which show that Thai monks are not the ascetic people they pretend to be.

The problem as reported is 90% humbug, and 10% an opportunity to vilify someone you don't like or who opposes you.

Look at the policemen in th picture,. You think they don't masturbate when nobody is looking? Dream on, get real.

Winnie

There are good monks and there are bad monks, just as there are good people and bad people. Generalising them all as either good or bad simply does not fit reality, but I admit it does seem difficult to find a monk who is 100% legit and follows the Buddha Dharma as it should be. One of my favourite monks (Thai anyway) is now deceased, Ajahn Chah was a great monk imho. And a Western monk who studied under him but now lives in Australia Ajahn Brahm is an amazing monk. You must sift through the crud to find the diamonds, but they do exist

no need to be a monk to be a good person.

OK, notwithstanding the obvious jokes, the tin can is usually lined with something like a sponge split in half with a cavity in between, here is a typical build from a Pringles can, , which maybe the monk saw: http://buildavagina.com/make-a-vagina/full-build-instructions-mrs-pringles/ if the link gets censored just search vagina build mrs pringles

ok the tin cans are a bit weird, but I guess better than using children like some, he wasn't hurting anyone except the teachings of Buddha with that.

How can ýou hurt 'teachings'?

I think the secular world has moved on from holiness actually meaning anything worth a damn.

And by the looks of it, too many of its practitioners, these so called holy men. Worldwide.

Not true my friend, more people have faith in one religion or another today then ever before, and by that I mean %age of the Worlds population and subsequently number due to population rise. In short, religion is growing not declining with the muslim faith growing fastest of all, i think followed by Christians (protestants) It may be that the USA is turning its back on religion as is much of Europe, however, Africa, South America and more importantly Asia is growing fast and the populations here far exceed the USA and Europe.

It's not just "developing countries" either, South Korea has embraced Christianity in a big way.

You can bore yourself with the wiki data below

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_of_religion

yeah no cure for stupidity

Wat Chonprathan

every religion is bad

When I attempted to show the story to my wife, she wasn't interested in reading it. Took one quick look and said...

"Oh, he wasn't a well known Monk and anyway he's Already been De-frocked, so he's NOT a MONK."

Talk about denial ! and my wife is a highly educated Uni Graduate who's lived overseas and frequently pointed out to me, stories of Christian Priests Etc., who were found to be deviants but when it comes to Monks Monkeying around in Thailand, the whole thing is of no significance.

She also pretended she didn't understand what I was on about when I attempted to "open the can of worms" about the Monks funny Habit of doing Filthy Things to a Can of whatever.

Just Got To Love THAINESS !

When I attempted to show the story to my wife, she wasn't interested in reading it. Took one quick look and said...

"Oh, he wasn't a well known Monk and anyway he's Already been De-frocked, so he's NOT a MONK."

Talk about denial ! and my wife is a highly educated Uni Graduate who's lived overseas and frequently pointed out to me, stories of Christian Priests Etc., who were found to be deviants but when it comes to Monks Monkeying around in Thailand, the whole thing is of no significance.

She also pretended she didn't understand what I was on about when I attempted to "open the can of worms" about the Monks funny Habit of doing Filthy Things to a Can of whatever.

Just Got To Love THAINESS !

Do you mean she has a PhD? Do you think just being a Thai uni graduate means she is highly-educated?

Do you think he still IS a monk?

Archived