O Visa UK Embassy

I have received my divorce certificate and parental powers papers for my son and would like to apply for an O visa in UK in July.

I have bank statements showing more than 40,000 bht coming in each month and i have my son's birth certificate (on which i am named as Father).

Since I am applying for the visa to visit my child....is there anything else that is require....i.e. a letter confirming my income from my UK business partner or a copy of the tabian baan ?

If anyone has any knowledge of this ,,any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps. my statements from Krungsri do not show any narrative , merely debit and credit amounts...is this good enough if i bring an update Bank book also ?

You will not need any financial proof to a apply for a non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai at the embassy in London. A single entry visa should not be a problem but a multiple entry might be a problem since they have denied them before.

There is some wrong info on their website that says otherwise but they do not ask for any financial proof.

I have previously been told (by one of the UK consulates) that Non O visas are only available for joining your spouse or being a state pensioner. They do not issue them for joining your child. Maybe, London will give you a different answer, but you may end up needing to arrange visas once in the region.

I have previously been told (by one of the UK consulates) that Non O visas are only available for joining your spouse or being a state pensioner. They do not issue them for joining your child. Maybe, London will give you a different answer, but you may end up needing to arrange visas once in the region.

Were you asking about a single or multiple entry visa?

As I wrote earlier getting a multiple entry non-o may be a problem but not a single entry visa.

You should have no problem getting a single entry non 'O', however, London seem to have put an end to multiple entry visas as a parent.

• You don't need to provide proof of income/divorce/legalisation. You only need to provide proof of relationship which is a copy of the birth certificate.
  • Once you are in Thailand you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay as a parent. That's when you would need proof you are the legal father and have a minimum income (certified by the British Embassy) of 40K pm. If you need to exit/return during that year you can buy single (1,000 baht) or multiple (3,800 baht) re-entry permits.

• 4 weeks later...

I received a multi-o based on being parent exactly a year ago in London. It's correct what others have said that you don't need financial statements but they did ask for specifically the court order for being legal father which I had got before then. Not sure if this has changed since then.

Hoping to go to Penang next month which I believe has changed requirements and hopefully this previous multi-o with 400k and court order might be enough to get new multi-o.

• 5 weeks later...

I brought last year:

-  Copy of Passport

-  2 x Passport photos

-  Original copy of court order (I had 5 of these from local amphur so just gave them 1 original - you could try a photocopy and bring original in case)

-  Proof of bank funds (though this wasn't needed a year ago)

-  Birth Certificate (original and copy)

-  I also brought copy of child's passport, house book and mother's ID card though these were not then needed

It was a year ago I got this so not sure if things have changed.

2 hours ago, battersea said:

So a copy.of.passport..birth certificate and court order..that should be it ?

If you are applying for a single entry visa it's unlikely they will need/want the court order, but it wouldn't hurt to provide it. 

Thanks to all.....i went to the Consul with a copy of my passport..a copy of my son's birth certificate..and a copy of the court order..and all the originals.They specifically asked for the original court order and a copy which i gave. I was offered a multiple entry visa which I surprisingly accepted and collected it the next day.
Thanks to you all..especially Joe and Richy...I nearly didn't bring the court order !

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello All,

I am applying for my O visa by post at the Thai Embassy in London.

Does anyone know if the supporting documents (e.g.Tabien Baan, Court Docs, ) have to be signed by me ?

Also my wife's id.card copy..does that have to be signed by her ?

36 minutes ago, battersea said:

Hello All,

I am applying for my O visa by post at the Thai Embassy in London.

Does anyone know if the supporting documents (e.g.Tabien Baan, Court Docs, ) have to be signed by me ?

Also my wife's id.card copy..does that have to be signed by her ?

You should sign all the copies of documents, but there is no requirement for your wife to sign any.