• It's up to the Owner/House-Master or Possessor of the property to report that you are staying at their address.

The worst case, if a report is not made, is a 2,000 baht fine. The typical fine is 800 baht. No consequences beyond that.

If you are using a Non 'O' Visa, and don't have contact with your local office, the lack of report will likely not be an issue. However, if you go to apply for an extension of stay or other service they might notice and fine, probably, your wife.

I have been told at Chiang Rai office that is required when you return from travelling outside of Thailand. We had visitors from Australia and submitted a TM30 for their stay. It was lodged 2 days after there arrival and no problems. I know other visitors to our area where no TM30's have been lodged and there have been no problems on their exit. They have been staying in private homes.

Nonthaburi requires one when you extend your visa. And there will be no extension without it. You now have to present a new TM 30 every year even if you haven't left the country. That is the most recent change which screwed me up when I extended for another year back in April. Luckily I had extra copies of the Thai owner's ID card and tabien baan in my document bag, so the official just grabbed a TM 30, filled out the form and everything was copacetic. Had I not had them I would have had to come back another day. Just did my 90-day report this month and there was no mention of a T 30. A word to the wise from an old expat: Always extend your visa a week or two before it's due to expire since you never know what new twist they will throw at you. Oh how they love to keep moving the goalposts!

• Like 1

Do I assume correctly that if one has a Yellow Book (Ta Bian) there is no need to fill out an TM 30?

You assume wrong.

A yellow house book is only proof of where you are registered. Somebody would still need to report you as living there to immigration.

Do I assume correctly that if one has a Yellow Book (Ta Bian) there is no need to fill out an TM 30?

You assume wrong.

A yellow house book is only proof of where you are registered. Somebody would still need to report you as living there to immigration.

Thank you for the clarification.

Nonthaburi requires one when you extend your visa. And there will be no extension without it. You now have to present a new TM 30 every year even if you haven't left the country. That is the most recent change which screwed me up when I extended for another year back in April. Luckily I had extra copies of the Thai owner's ID card and tabien baan in my document bag, so the official just grabbed a TM 30, filled out the form and everything was copacetic. Had I not had them I would have had to come back another day. Just did my 90-day report this month and there was no mention of a T 30. A word to the wise from an old expat: Always extend your visa a week or two before it's due to expire since you never know what new twist they will throw at you. Oh how they love to keep moving the goalposts!

----------------------------------

There are no such things as "goal posts" in Thailand. Each immigration office has someone who runs the place. He or she interprets the "rules" as they see fit according to their interpretation.

it is their country, and for hem that is the Thai way that works for them.

Go with the flow.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

You assume wrong.

-----------------------------

I live in a rented residence in Bangkok . rent payable monthly.

There is a receptionist who takes care of such things as a TM-30 as part of her job.

Each time I return to Thailand she takes care to file on line when I return.

I just extended my visa for 1 year based on retirement at the Sakon Nakhon office. After everything was done I handed the officer the TM 30 my wife had filled out. He handed it back saying everything was in the computer.

Edited by Issangeorge