Nan immigration plus new new's about a new office being opened.

I have just returned from Nan immigration and everything was going fine until they asked about me being registered at the house I am currently renting. The original owner recently sold the house and the new owner is letting me to continue to rent their property. The problem was that I did not have a copy of her house book or ID, so they fined me 800 baht. I was not happy about this but what could I do as they had not finished processing my paper work and would have just sent me away to get the documents they needed. So I just kept quiet and paid the fine. The problem is normal home owners who rent out their properties to foreigners have no idea about this newish requirement unlike hotels / guesthouses and apartments.

Anyway I got a slap on the wrist and was told that next time to make sure I had all the documents plus the house registration for next time. Next bit of info is about a new immigration office going to be opening soon. Uttaradit will be getting it's own immigration office shortly. They are supposedly at the moment setting the office up and training up staff to man it. I am expecting that this will most likely be finished ready for August. The new office will be located next to the Rajabhat university in the new building with the 7-11 across from the weekend market. This will make life easier for us folks who have to traipse upto Nan everytime. So extensions and 90 days will be an easier chore.

Cheers and I hope that this is useful.

• Like 2

• They fined you because nobody submitted the TM.30 Notification Form for House Master, Owner, or the Possessor of The Residence Where Aliens Have Stayed when you moved in.

You could have submitted the form as the Possessor, which is why they fined you personally.

Some offices want this form completed for every extension of stay too.

• They fined you because nobody submitted the TM.30 Notification Form for House Master, Owner, or the Possessor of The Residence Where Aliens Have Stayed when you moved in.
  • You could have submitted the form as the Possessor, which is why they fined you personally.
  • Some offices want this form completed for every extension of stay too.

I accept that it was partly my fault, so I am not complaining. I just was lucky I had enough money on me to cover the fine and fee. I was just hoping to highlight that this is really being observed now. Also they had that form that was recently mentioned about private information. The difference with the one in Nan compared to Phuket from what I read is my form was completely in Thai. Luckily my wife was with me and she put in the info I was willing to submit and they seemed happy with it at immigration.

• You could have submitted the form as the Possessor, which is why they fined you personally.
  • Some offices want this form completed for every extension of stay too.

I accept that it was partly my fault, so I am not complaining. I just was lucky I had enough money on me to cover the fine and fee. I was just hoping to highlight that this is really being observed now. Also they had that form that was recently mentioned about private information. The difference with the one in Nan compared to Phuket from what I read is my form was completely in Thai. Luckily my wife was with me and she put in the info I was willing to submit and they seemed happy with it at immigration.

Sure, I was just pointing out that the fine was because the TM30 wasn't submitted rather than because you didn't have a copy of the owners ID.

I agree that few owners know about this requirement and IMO it's unfair for immigration to charge people without making the population aware of the rule whenever they let a foreigner stay.

• Like 1

Well I grabbed a handful of the leaflets that were on the counter that explains what needs to be done so that my friends can show it to their landlords. It does have both Thai and English so I hope this will help a few of my friends out before they also get a surprise.

• Like 1

Well I guess I'll be happy to travel the 60 Km to Uttradit rather than the 2-1/2 drive for the 120 Km drive to Nan! By the way, did they give you a reciept for the 800 baht? I didn't think so, it seems to be the policy @ Nan! thumbsup.gifwhistling.gifwai.gif

Well I guess I'll be happy to travel the 60 Km to Uttradit rather than the 2-1/2 drive for the 120 Km drive to Nan! By the way, did they give you a reciept for the 800 baht? I didn't think so, it seems to be the policy @ Nan! thumbsup.gifwhistling.gifwai.gif

" I didn't think so, it seems to be the policy @ Nan! "

And you were wrong. There's a lot of that going around.

• Like 1

i (my thai wife) live in bangkok and own a house at hua hin and it is rented to a farang and his thai wife. are we expected to complete the TM30 also?

By the rules yes you are. But they might let him or his wife do it as the possessors of the house.

• 4 weeks later...

Any new developments in regards to the proposed Immigration office in Uttaradit can be found here as they come to hand.

http://www.thaivisa..../#entry11005878