Beach chairs cut by half at Yim Yom Beach

Rimmer

Beach chairs cut by half at Yim Yom Beach

1196-n13inspect.jpg

PATTAYA:--Banglamung District officials cut by half the number of beach chair vendors on Yim Yom Beach to bring more order to the largely unregulated Pratamnak Hill shoreline.

Pattaya city enforcement officers and soldiers from the 14th Military Circle inspected the small beachfront June 14, finding about 20 vendors offering mostly empty chairs. District Chief Chakorn Kanchawattana said there were too many chairs for both the space and number of tourists and ordered the 20 deckchairs reduced to 10.

A similar inspection was done along 1.5 kilometers of Wong Amat Beach, but vendors there were complying with earlier orders regarding the number of chairs and no action was taken.

Read more:http://www.pattayamail.com/news/beach-chairs-cut-half-yim-yom-beach-140784

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2016-07-01 footer_n.gif

A similar inspection was done along 1.5 kilometers of Wong Amat Beach, but vendors there were complying with earlier orders regarding the number of chairs and no action was taken.

Or they were tipped of... giggle.gif

ideally anyone knows if they are complying? ...or on !4 June there just happened to be only half the chairs out, and 15 June business as usual???

So now the plaguge hit Pattaya!

Even if I don´t like to swim at the beaches, I really like to sit down with some friends, eat and drink good sitting in beachairs and shaded by parasoles!

Ok, there are some salespersons trawling around, but they are easily wawed off (infact I really found some nice things to buy there over the years)

Let´s just hope the loonies from Phuket can not set their greedy claws on the Eastern seaboaard and the locals can concentrate to get back clean water!

Amja

Pattaya city enforcement officers and soldiers from the 14th Military Circle inspected the small beachfront June 14, finding about 20 vendors offering mostly empty chairs.

Most respectfully District Chief Chakorn Kanchawattana, the reason why the score or so vendors were offering "mostly empty chairs" is because every year, the month of June here in LOS is 'crash, bang, wallop' right in the middle of an annual hospitality related cycle called 'low season'. You do understand that right?

Please be advised District Chief Chakorn Kanchawattana that should you not reverse this decision of yours by November 1st, 2016 - many of the tourists who fill this beach during the start of another annual hospitality related cycle called 'high season', you may annoy so many of these tourists, that they may never return to Pattaya again.

Writing as someone who has had first hand experience of you guys interfering in matters you have no understanding off, let me please share with you a fact and an adage, that has always served me well:

'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'

Thank you Sir for your consideration. wai.gif

If there are less beach chairs being used, wouldnt the logical thing to do, is figure out why they arn't being used. Maybe some tourist have had enough of the garbage covered beaches, dog crap, too many hawkers. Not only one beach, but all beaches are filled with garbage.

Get rid of all the chairs and vendors. It's a beach, not a shopping center.

The beach looks like a slum.

Ok. Maybe let them set up a chair but only when requested. And clear out 100% at night. The seaside is not your personal warehouse.

What a bunch of slobs.

So it took at least 7 officers to cut some small time chair operators income in half.

Yes donnybay. But I am reliably advised it only takes 6 of these officers - to change a light-bulb...

Right.....one to hold the bulb and 5 to turn the ceiling around!! cheesy.gif

Ok. Maybe let them set up a chair but only when requested. And clear out 100% at night. The seaside is not your personal warehouse.

What a bunch of slobs.

Don't like it? Move on down the coast and bake your butt off on the deserted chair less beaches. The concession I go to on Jomtien Beach has been the livelihood of the same Thai family for over 30 years. The callousness of some foreigners astounds.

What a bunch of slobs.

Don't like it? Move on down the coast and bake your butt off on the deserted chair less beaches. The concession I go to on Jomtien Beach has been the livelihood of the same Thai family for over 30 years. The callousness of some foreigners astounds.

Those nice people set up thousand of vacant chairs everyday. Looks like a shanty town slum. Then they leave their crap piled up at night.

What's wrong with providing an umbrella when people request it?

They tried blocking the entire beach with unoccupied chairs until the military finally forced them off the public property. Screw them.