TM.30 by landlord and TM.28 by tenant

I just did my first 90-day report in Hua Hin since I lived here about three years ago. Previously, I never had to deal with TM.28/TM.30, but I think things probably changed here, too, earlier this year or late last year?

I had brought a completed TM.28 and a copy of my house lease just in case it was asked for. That was not sufficient: they also needed a signed copy of the landlord's house book and ID card.

I know my landlord had filed a TM.30 right after I signed the lease, so why was I required to get a copy of the landlord's documentation? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to get that from him when filing the TM.30?

And, boy do I miss Jomtien Immigrations! After the IO spent about five minutes processing the TM.28, she took another several minutes to process the TM.47. In Jomtien, to do a 90-day report is a non-event usually taking less than a minute: IO scans the bar code of the form stapled in the passport, looks at face page to verify passport number, staples new paper in passport. Done. Don't even need to complete a TM.47.

I know it is, and I know he filed one, so why would I need a copy of his personal credentials if Immigrations already had them from when he filed the TM.30?

Interesting, I went to Hua Hin immigration about 3 weeks ago to do an extension and 90 day report at the same time.

A TM30 had been filed just a couple of days before as I had warned the idiot who rents me the place where I currently live that they will be fined if they don't do it.

They asked for nothing out of the ordinary at all but I seem to remember taking some kind of receipt from the TM30 with me in the envelope which contained my documents. Normally the landlord would keep this receipt from the TM30 but like I said - in this case she's dumb so she just handed it over to me.

The TM.30 can be completed by almost anyone when you first move in and ID isn't needed.

But some offices want the TM.30 completed for every extension of stay and/or a copy of the owners ID/TB as proof of address.

• Like 1

Okay, I get it. Heaven forbid should they go to a file (either physical file in a drawer, or a file on a computer) for my address when I submit my TM.28, see that the TM.30 with my name on it was there and that the owner's ID card and house book were already on file.

I know it is, and I know he filed one, so why would I need a copy of his personal credentials if Immigrations already had them from when he filed the TM.30?

because you have no proof he did. see my post regarding the receipt section.

Why do I need proof that he did? They look and find a TM.30 was filed and they know it was filed. (If one weren't filed, would I be asked to file it?)

BTW, here's how the process went when I first presented only the completed TM.47:

- She saw extension and last 90-day report were done in Cholburi, and asked if I lived here now, and I said I did.
- She then said that I needed to submit Form TM.28.
- I waited to make sure she was done talking, and pulled my completed TM.28 from my folder.
- She looked up at me for a second, then said she needed a copy of my house book or rental contract.
- I waited to make sure she was done talking, and pulled out a photocopy of my rental contract.
- She then told me she needed a signed copy of the owner's house book and ID card.

A cynical person might say she kept pushing until she found a reason for me to have to leave and return. whistling.gif

[edited to add:]

The TM.30 can be completed by almost anyone when you first move in and ID isn't needed.
But some offices want the TM.30 completed for every extension of stay and/or a copy of the owners ID/TB as proof of address.

I missed that tidbit the first time. They don't ask for house book and ID from the owner when they file the TM.30, but they ask the tenant for those docs? Makes perfect sense.

Whatever. It's done. Mai bpen rai.

Edited by wpcoe
  • Like 1