Drugs Murder at Pattaya Temple

rooster59

Drugs Murder at Pattaya Temple

by Albert Jack

post-247607-0-05764700-1467419218_thumb.

PATTAYA: At 1pm on the afternoon of June 1 the Banglamung Police Station was alerted to a serious assault at the Sawang Fah Pruektaraam Temple on Sukhumvit Road. (a popular tourist attraction)

Sawangboriboon medics were on the scene and treating an unidentified man, thought to be aged between thirty and thirty-five years old, for major head injuries. The man was barely breathing and despite emergency first aid he died at the scene.

Local people had caught the alleged murderer, forty-two year old Wichan Fungpitak, and held on to him until police officers arrived. A wooden bat that was covered in blood was taken as evidence.

Mr Fungpatik has said that he gave the man, who he named as ‘Aey’ one-thousand baht to go and buy Ya Ba. He said that ‘Aey’ returned telling him that his Ya Ba dealer was out of stock but said he didn’t have the money anymore. Instead he offered Fungpatik an inhalant, which they took together and when they were high he asked again about his one-thousand baht.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/226527/yabah-addict-kills-friend-high/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-07-02

Life ill always be cheap in Thailand until the authorities stop baby sitting these psycho's and hand out proper sentences like the death penalty for murder. Many here talk about Europe and the nanny states and they are correct I admit but Thailand is far worse. Kill someone and the law is made to suit the individual. This has to be wrong. One crime one law one sentence. Without it the country will never really progress.

The health minister want to decriminalize Yabba, what will be his stance on crimes committed because

of the use of Yabba and all it's consequents I wonder?......

The decriminalizing of any recreational drug, has an immediate effect. It removes these drugs from the clandestine

marketing between criminals and orgnaised crime within the military and police.

It has at least one other effect. It is no longer romanticized by the young as something desirable because it is forbidden.

Forbidden fruit is always sweeter.

How you progress from there is a long hard road of education. People will always take a risk for a rush and as we know, yaba is a very poor man's coke. As we also know, drugs have three main purposes. Stimulation, or inhbibition and medication. Escaping from the boredom and pain of poverty, brought about by lack of education and fair government is a fair avenue.

Concentrate on education and fair governance and the need for drugs goes away. The desire for them may stay, but that's the human condition.

Some of us have healthy ways of getting a buzz, from sport and the like, but the peoples of the world 'are' drug takers. Admitting it and dealing with it are better alternatives than sweeping it under the illegal carpet, where the most nefarious networks of drug dealers from street mules to high ranking police are making money and misery from it.

Edited by Maggusoil

Life ill always be cheap in Thailand until the authorities stop baby sitting these psycho's and hand out proper sentences like the death penalty for murder. Many here talk about Europe and the nanny states and they are correct I admit but Thailand is far worse. Kill someone and the law is made to suit the individual. This has to be wrong. One crime one law one sentence. Without it the country will never really progress.

You are right of course. But Thailand will not change, it will always be as such and they will never listen to foreigners (except the rich ones like Bill Gates,giggle.gif ).

I believe it all boils down to the same old issues, "Face" and the inability to deal with conflict. Everything is corrupted by these facts, all the decisions they make, the laws they uphold, the enforcing of laws, the changes they make, accountability, problem solving,, absolutely everything. And until the day when Thailand starts to adopt a more honest, straight and accountable attitude towards it's own country I can't see anything changing, all I can see is superficial lip service at best.

Life is just so cheap, the guy was out of it but not so out of it that he could not remember the previous arrangement of 1,000 baht for his pills. This again, all about "face", he believed he got ripped off which is a loss of face and in his anger beat the man to death,,, unbelievable.

Before anyone says "ahh, but this happens everywhere" in some attempt to defend their own personal decision to chose Thailand as their home, I know terrible things can happen anywhere. But the "face" and conflict resolution issues are quite unique here and have absolutely no place in todays world at all. If people cannot appoint blame, make people accountable and worse, debate things without suddenly flipping into violence how can they ever hope to find a solid place in todays World.

RIP the poor fella who lost his life, might not have been a model citizen but checking out this way over 30usd is terribly sad.

The health minister want to decriminalize Yabba, what will be his stance on crimes committed because

And the murder happened because the guy couldn't just walk into a pharmacy and buy it himself!

All for a 1000 baht. Life is cheap in yabaaland.

People killed for less in the USA. (my country) Don't be so fast to condemn Thailand until you've been to Orlando, Chicago, or Detroit.

So life is cheap in Orlando,Chicago and Detroit too.coffee1.gif

This is exactly why the minister wants to legalise it.

Murder,crime and corruption would reduce between half and 2 thirds.

It's been proven in a few countries already. You can be sure, in the future most countries will adopt the freedom of choice, while providing treatment centres and education.

The minister is a wise man and clearly understands the reality of life.

The decriminalizing of any recreational drug, has an immediate effect. It removes these drugs from the clandestine

It has at least one other effect. It is no longer romanticized by the young as something desirable because it is forbidden.

How you progress from there is a long hard road of education. People will always take a risk for a rush and as we know, yaba is a very poor man's coke. As we also know, drugs have three main purposes. Stimulation, or inhbibition and medication. Escaping from the boredom and pain of poverty, brought about by lack of education and fair government is a fair avenue.

Concentrate on education and fair governance and the need for drugs goes away. The desire for them may stay, but that's the human condition.

Some of us have healthy ways of getting a buzz, from sport and the like, but the peoples of the world 'are' drug takers. Admitting it and dealing with it are better alternatives than sweeping it under the illegal carpet, where the most nefarious networks of drug dealers from street mules to high ranking police are making money and misery from it.

Very well written! Bravo for your understanding of the problem.

You are right of course. But Thailand will not change, it will always be as such and they will never listen to foreigners (except the rich ones like Bill Gates,giggle.gif ).

I believe it all boils down to the same old issues, "Face" and the inability to deal with conflict. Everything is corrupted by these facts, all the decisions they make, the laws they uphold, the enforcing of laws, the changes they make, accountability, problem solving,, absolutely everything. And until the day when Thailand starts to adopt a more honest, straight and accountable attitude towards it's own country I can't see anything changing, all I can see is superficial lip service at best.

Life is just so cheap, the guy was out of it but not so out of it that he could not remember the previous arrangement of 1,000 baht for his pills. This again, all about "face", he believed he got ripped off which is a loss of face and in his anger beat the man to death,,, unbelievable.

Before anyone says "ahh, but this happens everywhere" in some attempt to defend their own personal decision to chose Thailand as their home, I know terrible things can happen anywhere. But the "face" and conflict resolution issues are quite unique here and have absolutely no place in todays world at all. If people cannot appoint blame, make people accountable and worse, debate things without suddenly flipping into violence how can they ever hope to find a solid place in todays World.

RIP the poor fella who lost his life, might not have been a model citizen but checking out this way over 30usd is terribly sad.

Your right of course...but all of what you say and or recommend and others having reiterated time and time and time again.....will not stop the individuals who do perpetrate such crimes while each individual persons crime is an individual event...but statistically becomes part of the numerous crimes that are categorized for the record.

Arresting and jailing and prosecuting and finally imprisoning each person that is apprehended does not stop the other individual from committing the same or similar crime 100 yards down the road or 1000 miles away.

They are not thinking at all about the laws rather just going through the motions created by emotional anger...while it happens rather fast most times while most of the perps. surprise themselves with what they just did...in 5 seconds or 10 seconds of emotional rage.

Seldom is it premeditated.

Cheers

IMHO...this is one of the best and succinctly written arguments for the decriminalization of recreational drugs I have ever read. Thank you Maggusoil for sharing your opinion today.

Sounds like a nice place to chill out on a rainy day, that temple. How come druggies even have access to a tourist destination like this?

Oh I forgot, they probably had a Thai security guard, because if you do not have any skills in this country at all, you can always become one. Such a big difference with a country like India, where guards actually guard and protect...!!

Drugs such as ganja, Yaba, and other soft drugs need to be decriminalized and even legalised. You should be able to go to 7/11 and get your Yaba pills anytime you want them Of course, a huge education program must accompany it and a real chance made for people to move up the economic ladder. People imprisoned for drug charges need to be released. The police will no longer be involved in the drug trade either as purveyors or as prosecutors. The drug mafia will cease to exist and the connection between the police; drug bosses and the downtrodden drug users in Thailand will be broken.

To do this it will take the backing of the government, temples, treatment centers/hospitals and social agencies. People turn to drugs for many reasons. In Thailand many poor people attempting to work several jobs to tay alive turn to meth to stay awake and we see the results . The governments of the World have tried to stamp it out either by putting people in jail or simply killing the users and pushers. Neither has worked. Let's try legalization and see what happens.

A very interesting and sensible post, thank you Maggusoil.

I'd like to make two additional remarks :

1/ I have always felt that one big reason (perhaps even the main reason) why authorities, in every country, take so long in taking your point of view is that said authorities are more often than not involved in the traffic, one way or another. Just like politicians won't vote for a law that reduces their privileges, opportunities, wages etc. they won't decriminalize drugs if too many of them (of course not everyone) are somehow on the take. That makes the problem a lot more difficult to tackle.

2/ Reducing drugs to a 'problem of the poor' seems to me to miss the bigger picture. There are also lots and lots of rich, educated, privileged people who are hooked. Hollywood is full of alcoholics and drugs addicts, for example, and it's a known fact. In the world of big finance, the guys are almost all high on cocaine whenever they work. Examples abound to prove that great numbers of rich people become addicted to drugs too. So ... 'lack of education', 'escaping the boredom and pain of poverty', yes it's certainly true in a number of cases, but there is much more to the phenomenon of drug taking, don't you think ?

Edited by Yann55

Your right of course...but all of what you say and or recommend and others having reiterated time and time and time again.....will not stop the individuals who do perpetrate such crimes while each individual persons crime is an individual event...but statistically becomes part of the numerous crimes that are categorized for the record.

Arresting and jailing and prosecuting and finally imprisoning each person that is apprehended does not stop the other individual from committing the same or similar crime 100 yards down the road or 1000 miles away.

They are not thinking at all about the laws rather just going through the motions created by emotional anger...while it happens rather fast most times while most of the perps. surprise themselves with what they just did...in 5 seconds or 10 seconds of emotional rage.

Seldom is it premeditated.

Cheers

I agree, not premeditated. not sure you are correct on your assessment of it being an individual event and therefore unavoidable. All crimes are individual events and the occurrence of these events, in my opinion would be considerably reduced if Thailand were to start thinking logically and rationally and dropping this stupid "face" phenomenon.

But what can an ordinary citizen do against the push of the "Organised" police, lawmakers and entrenched "rich" and fellow travellers? Education is the answer, when the poor stop buying because they know that the man selling the stuff to them is the "brother" of the man arresting them then at least some of them will slow down or stop!!

Oh yeah, I forgot, this is Thailand?? facepalm.gifwhistling.gifsad.pngwai.gif

And for christs sake don't tell me if I don't like it here to go home......this is home!!

1/ I have always felt that one big reason (perhaps even the main reason) why authorities, in every country, take so long in taking your point of view is that said authorities are more often than not involved in the traffic, one way or another. Just like politicians won't vote for a law that reduces their privileges, opportunities, wages etc. they won't decriminalize drugs if too many of them (of course not everyone) are somehow on the take. That makes the problem a lot more difficult to tackle.

2/ Reducing drugs to a 'problem of the poor' seems to me to miss the bigger picture. There are also lots and lots of rich, educated, privileged people who are hooked. Hollywood is full of alcoholics and drugs addicts, for example, and it's a known fact. In the world of big finance, the guys are almost all high on cocaine whenever they work. Examples abound to prove that great numbers of rich people become addicted to drugs too. So ... 'lack of education', 'escaping the boredom and pain of poverty', yes it's certainly true in a number of cases, but there is much more to the phenomenon of drug taking, don't you think ?

Great thread with very balanced and thought provoking views.

Not sure whether I can really add too much except I too do not think it is just an option for the poor, it is widespread. Indeed thats the problem with the drug trade, it has a product to fit all budgets. Cheap crap to designer crap, if someone wants it there is a product to fit your budget.

The issue is certainly education but also I am drawn to the point that "forbidden fruit is always sweeter", sad but true.

I personally detest drugs and I believe anyone who participates needs to have their head examined. Education is the key of course but if it is legalised, taxed and controlled it will also be easier to create a stigma around how socially unacceptable it is. The same thing happened to tabaccoo, the last 30 years has seen a huge change in global attitude towards smoking.

So, as much as I hate the idea of legalising it my opinion is slowly changing, and these 2 posts are examples why people like me who are anti legalisation need to re think.

Have a great day Gentleman.

2/ Reducing drugs to a 'problem of the poor' seems to me to miss the bigger picture. There are also lots and lots of rich, educated, privileged people who are hooked. Hollywood is full of alcoholics drugs addicts, for example, and it's a known fact. In the world of big finance, the guys are almost all high on cocaine whenever they work. Examples abound to prove that great numbers of rich people become addicted to drugs too. So ... 'lack of education', 'escaping the boredom and pain of poverty', yes it's certainly true in a number of cases, but there is much more to the phenomenon of drug taking, don't you think ?

Thank you and yes of course, in far fewer words, perhaps too few. " the desire for them (drugs) is a "human" condition. . . . the peoples of the world are drug takers. . " Self included. I hate this term but I have been there and . . . . that, and with great gusto.

There is obviously a sensible way to imbibe and even that is brought about by education. We need to help others who are in the high risk category, rich and poor alike, although some people just want to be happy whether it comes out of their hearts, a bottle, a needle or up their noses.

Lets help each other make educated choices as to which way we want to go, and how fast and how hard we want to travel.

"Concentrate on education and fair governance and the need for drugs goes away. The desire for them may stay, but that's the human condition."

​If this was so, then countries such as Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Sweden and Finland; all countries at the top of the list for high quality governance, innovative education systems and low public corruption would have negligible drug problems. The reality is even these icons of virtuous leadership suffer from the same drug abuse problems that afflict the rest of western society. Overdose death rates are almost as high as anywhere else and violent, drug related crime always an issue.

Maybe "society" will sometime realize there is no cure, no one solution.....just a constant quest for new and innovative ways to deal with those afflicted while trying to protect the community and the families involved.

Drugs and alcohol will never "Go Away".

Edited by dddave

This article is about a problem in Thailand and I try to stay focused on that, and not compare it to my home country and it's ills.

A man has died and that is sad indeed. The Thais will have to sort this out and they certainly have a big job ahead of them, along with all the other issues at hand.

Good luck Thailand.