Re marry my ex wife?

ukmark67

I remarried my ex a year & half after we were divorced - lasted about three months, then the same reason came up why we were divorced the first time - her family decided I was going to be a cash cow, I decided I wasn't. But the same procedure as the first time for the marraiges & both divorces. BTW, she is my favorite ex-wife thumbsup.gif

I have now been living with the same woman for 18 years, not ever getting married again, we are quite happy the way it is. You don't need to be married to be happy, and if marraige for a long term visa is your reason, its the wrong reason.

Edited by TunnelRat69

re-purchasing the cow?

Why does a guy buy a cow when he's getting free milk? You know, that old chestnut

To be cynical, it could have to do with the extension.

Referring to someone's wife as a cow to be purchased, even if the term comes up in an "old chestnut" says a lot about farang "mentality" ... to employ an expression often used to lump all Thais together under "Thai mentality."

was taking my son out for a bike ride yesterday and a bunch of thai kids started yelling out buffalo buffalo. is pretty common up he in esan for thai to refer to us as buffalo. i responded with ling ling. not politically correct but everyone had a good old laugh so no harm done.

Making the same mistake over and over and hoping for a different outcome is a fool's game. Don't marry her again. Live with for at least two years and then re- evaluate your happiness.

re-purchasing the cow?

Why does a guy buy a cow when he's getting free milk? You know, that old chestnut.

If you think of your wife as a cow and are only interested in the "milk" then that works - -

My "cow" speaks and has feelings and does a wonderful job raising kids and assisting with her family - - she is a nice, caring person... and I am sure part of the reason that we get along well is that I do not think of her as a farm animal.

I understand that this is not for everyone, just my quirky ways.

I've always been a silly moo ..........

Making the same mistake over and over and hoping for a different outcome is a fool's game. Don't marry her again. Live with for at least two years and then re- evaluate your happiness.

Most here are assuming it was the ex wife who was at fault for the failure of the marriage. Could have been the other way around also. Perhaps the OP can chime in if he wishes to elaborate but otherwise I wish him well.

was taking my son out for a bike ride yesterday and a bunch of thai kids started yelling out buffalo buffalo. is pretty common up he in esan for thai to refer to us as buffalo. i responded with ling ling. not politically correct but everyone had a good old laugh so no harm done.

They were calling you "buffalo", not "us".

TH

They were calling you "buffalo", not "us".

TH

us meaning me and my son who looks very western. if you came to thailand i am sure they would think of you the same way, especially if you are fat and bald. not sure why you you think you would be considered in a different way unless you were black (chocolate man) or appeared to be of some other ethnicity. they have a load of different names for all of them, gin, nippon etc. if you were thai and you were there you would have got the monkey end of the stick. all good fun like i said.

Edited by williamgeorgeallen

Thank you everyone for your replies. She seems to be learning her lesson as it was the old Thai jealousy and control chestnut. Her family demanded a divorce after I walked out. I was far too soft. It won't happen again.... I didn't say I was going to do it...just considering my options for the future..lol!