Where to get sexed pea-fowl? (greater BKK area)

My granddaughter has told me she doesn't want micro-pigs, shame, they're cute (yes, I know they get more macro than micro when they grow up).

Instead I have to get "nok yoong", which if Mr Google and her actions are correct are pea fowl.

Anyone know where to get sexed chicks or (obviously not sexed) eggs?

Would really like a couple of females and one male (if we are going to have the noisy beasts at least let's have eggs).

Cost is not (to a point of course) a problem.

Not sure where to get them in your area but down in Surat they sell for approx 5k a pop !!

Hmmm, cost not a problem, to a point ...

Anyway, right now the point is moot, Wifey found a nest of 14 guinea chicks which are now resident in our brooder cage. Grand-daughter is already in love and handles them as much as possible, so with luck they will be rather more tame than our existing pair.

Yeah, apparently they make lousy parents, this lady may have been a better one, but the nest was right by the khlong outside our wall. Keets would have been dinner for something very quickly, they are safe now to grow up happy and well fed.

If you want to hatch the eggs a broody gai-baan (black Thai chicken) will sit on anything and try to hatch it. We had one hatch two goslings, they were bigger than she was within a month.

EDIT The creatures in question, cute smile.png

post-14979-0-85347500-1468454204_thumb.j