Paramotor in Phuket.......Sky Club Asia

Rsquared

After reading the two threads about Patong and the rest of Phuket being "dead".....I am a little concerned about the company Sky Club Asia.

Does anyone live near the small aircraft airfield located in the North East part of the island? If so, I am sure over the last couple of years you would've noticed paramotors buzzing around the place. Are they still flying, or have they stopped?

I have recently tried to contact Sky Club Asia with no results. I was in contact with them late last year and their business seemed to be going well.

The reason I am posting is that I will be in Phuket early next month (August) and was hoping to get some lessons for flying a paramotor.....but as stated, I have had no response. Also I notice that they haven't posted on Facebook for 6 months....and one other thing I noticed was that in Trip Advisor, the last comment with regards to Sky Club Asia was made in April 2016....and said "operations closed".

So, have they become another victim of the decrease in tourism?

One other point, when I call their phone number I get a recording to leave a message.....only thing is, it's in Thai, not English, as you would expect for an activity aimed at tourists.

Thanks for any help in this.

Cheers.

Bump.......over 260 views and still no comments.

So can I assume that no-one from TV lives near the small aircraft airfield.....or that Sky Club Asia has simply vanished?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Nothing is doing well in Phuket no matter what people say.

Thais like the Chinese tourists more than us westerners because they don't complain about terrible products and services and are used to getting low standard stuff like back home.

It's a match made in heaven.

Nothing is doing well in Phuket no matter what people say.

Thais like the Chinese tourists more than us westerners because they don't complain about terrible products and services and are used to getting low standard stuff like back home.

It's a match made in heaven.

Nonsense, Thai really don't like the Chinese tourists here.

Thanks Simon......paramotor flying usually takes place early morning or late in the evening when there is little to no wind.

Do they still have their sign at the entrance to the airfield?

As for their Hua Hin office, it is the same people (actually where they started their operations) then upgraded and moved to Phuket and only used Hua Hin during peak tourist season.

Thanks again for the replies.

I live up on a hill in the general area of the airfield.

I have an excellent view of any flying activity - including free shows by the stunt guy!

I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it that things have been a bit quiet recently. There used to be plenty of paramotors every day. And a few of those little scary looking helicopters. I can't remember the last time I saw either; maybe a few months. And, in fact, I'm pretty sure there haven't been many (any?) proper aeroplanes recently. Having said that, it's a bit like living beside a railway line; after a while you don't hear/see the trains.

Now maybe it's the wrong time of year for activity at this airfield, because of the rain and wind, and I have simply not noticed before that things get a bit quiet at certain times.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. You can draw your own conclusions from my comments.

There has been a "land for sale" sign posted at the entrance to the air park for awhile now. I heard a rumor a couple of months ago that the land might be a possible location for an amusement park that's been proposed for Phuket, since it seems that the original plan of selling plots of land to pilots for construction of houses with airplane hangars didn't work out. I'm a pilot so I'm curious if anyone knows what's going on there?

There has been a "land for sale" sign posted at the entrance to the air park for awhile now. I heard a rumor a couple of months ago that the land might be a possible location for an amusement park that's been proposed for Phuket, since it seems that the original plan of selling plots of land to pilots for construction of houses with airplane hangars didn't work out. I'm a pilot so I'm curious if anyone knows what's going on there?

lolare.....thank you for that bit of information......that screams volumes to my ears.

Such a shame for this air park to be "lost", but I guess It only serves a select few in the broader sense of the population......more clues to my investigation as to the silence of Sky Club Asia.

@ macahoom....you are the exact person I directed my OP to.....thank you for your observations.

Many Thanks

Cheers

lolare.....thank you for that bit of information......that screams volumes to my ears.

Such a shame for this air park to be "lost", but I guess It only serves a select few in the broader sense of the population......more clues to my investigation as to the silence of Sky Club Asia.

@ macahoom....you are the exact person I directed my OP to.....thank you for your observations.

Many Thanks

Cheers

A quick Google reveals the owner was involved in the Vital Residence Ltd company that was doing a real estate development in Hua Hin called, The Falls.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFalls.HuaHin/

Perhaps, The Falls, fell over.