Missionaries in Pattaya

balo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

»...and the response was they were here to save people from sins and turn to the Lord. My reply was Pattaya is full of them , then I wished them good luck .«

Thanks balowai2.gif, for making my day begin with a good healthy laugh...biggrin.png

Edited by khunPer

I just think that maybe they should change the image a bit...Here is Buddha, serene just standing or laying around looking peaceful.....Here's Jesus.....nailed to cross..

My Gf converted to Christianity quite awhile ago. She quit going to Church. Doesnt mess with Buddist nonsense either. I came along at just the write time.....So maybe in time this could help Thailand if the converts go the way of my Gf........in the long run.

Religion is the root of all hatred. Christianity is no different to the rest.

That lot on the beach, the blind leading the blind.

Buddhism is ok, if people feel the need.

Reminds me of the preacher who used to stand outside Nana saving souls.

If it is the same guy I know, he is actually a Seventh Dan Blackbelt in Tang Su Do...........runs a non-denominational church around Soi 71. He was always hanging out on Friday nights at the entrance of Nana Plaza preaching gospel. I know a few people that were students in his dojo.

...it just happens to coincide with their summer vacation.....

...and as another 'missionary' here once told me, "I would never consider coming here if I didn't have my lifeline back home"....

...some of them up to $4,000/Month sent to them by their church congregation back home....

Throw them out those hypocrites!

Missionary should be banned for all religions.

I nearly lost my meal when I saw the mormon twins more than 10 yrs. ago in our small district town.

Converting Thais from Bhuddism to Christianity:

sounds harmless, doesn't it?

But that they urge the converts to break up with the disbelieving rest of the family does NOT!

Kick them out!

I just think that maybe they should change the image a bit...Here is Buddha, serene just standing or laying around looking peaceful.....Here's Jesus.....nailed to cross..

My Gf converted to Christianity quite awhile ago. She quit going to Church. Doesnt mess with Buddist nonsense either. I came along at just the write time.....So maybe in time this could help Thailand if the converts go the way of my Gf........in the long run.

Religion is the root of all hatred. Christianity is no different to the rest.

That lot on the beach, the blind leading the blind.

Buddhism is ok, if people feel the need.

Absolutely.

For those who can not stand the fact that they will die and rot to ashes and that's it.

Promise the miserable a better life after death to keep them quiet about their fate.

Edited by KhunBENQ

If these religeous groups came here to convert thais from buddism to christianity then they are making a mistake. I find buddism wholly compatible with christianity and I support it for its tolerance and wisdom.

When churches are being torn down and christians intimidated in Indonesia and Christmas is banned elsewhere. The battlefront is not here in Pattaya.

god created adam and eve and they had 2 sons..... the rest of us are supposed to have come from them which means christians are all spawned from inbred mother f...ers....

You could be right

I went to Wales once, and people all looked very similar gigglem.gif

After the tsunami in Phuket , a lot of these people turned up, a few of which were dubious sects. One of my restaurant friends joined a group to the great dismay of her husband. I know they gave away a lot of free food to this group. I don't know if these do gooders are still in Phuket, they used to sing on the streets.

god created adam and eve and they had 2 sons..... the rest of us are supposed to have come from them which means christians are all spawned from inbred mother f...ers....

You could be right

I went to Wales once, and people all looked very similar gigglem.gif

They all use the same flock of inbred sheep

Yes we have seen them being increasingly vociferous on this forum - without declaring their real agenda. By and large they range from deluded fantasists to dangerous right wing fanatics. Their deeply patronising view that they hold the key to our salvation is so arrogant it beggars belief. That their dreadful beliefs are underpinned by racism is demonstrated by the fact they do not address their home grown problems in the USA but come here as missionaries as though it is 17th Century Africa- the history of Christian Missionaries is littered with hypocrisy and corruption. I note they do not challenge the status quo in muslim countries but come here for a soft target. I find them nauseating and dangerous bible bashers who are fundamentalists preaching a narrow doctrine of Old Testament bigotry and judgementalism. There is no God - Heaven or Hell - to believe otherwise and try to convince people there is -is infantile.

Reminds me of the preacher who used to stand outside Nana saving souls.

If it is the same guy I know, he is actually a Seventh Dan Blackbelt in Tang Su Do...........runs a non-denominational church around Soi 71. He was always hanging out on Friday nights at the entrance of Nana Plaza preaching gospel. I know a few people that were students in his dojo.

Yeah there was a nutter - could be the same one - ranting in Ian Paisley Belfast Thai at the end of Soi Cowboy - He was a blustering bully with a bible but gave the Thais no end of entertainment. We get Korean Missionaries in South London trying to convert the Rastas - What is the matter with people?

Yes we have seen them being increasingly vociferous on this forum - without declaring their real agenda. By and large they range from deluded fantasists to dangerous right wing fanatics. Their deeply patronising view that they hold the key to our salvation is so arrogant it beggars belief. That their dreadful beliefs are underpinned by racism is demonstrated by the fact they do not address their home grown problems in the USA but come here as missionaries as though it is 17th Century Africa- the history of Christian Missionaries is littered with hypocrisy and corruption. I note they do not challenge the status quo in muslim countries but come here for a soft target. I find them nauseating and dangerous bible bashers who are fundamentalists preaching a narrow doctrine of Old Testament bigotry and judgementalism. There is no God - Heaven or Hell - to believe otherwise and try to convince people there is -is infantile.

maybe they are here to get laid for the first time in their lives,who knows

They're superstitious idiots and fools. They are con people...selling an insurance policy they never have to pay out. They promote ignorance, with which Thailand is already rife and cannot afford an iota more. They abuse children and scare ignorant adults with the bullshit threat of eternal torture and agony in a fiery pit.post-4641-1156693976.gif They deny science and evidence and reality.crazy.gif They are not nice people. Nice people leave other people alone and don't try to threaten them with superstitious bullcrap. Nice people practice their subjective superstition in private and keep it to themselves.

Anyone who has ever actually read The Torah, The Bible or The Qur'an cannot possibly believe that there is a loving god at the helm.

As Richard Dawkins said...

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

And the gods of the other two fictional tomes are no better...bah.gif

"In the beginning, Man created god"

Edited by Skeptic7