Happy Fourth of July - US man donates 500,000 to Thai police

webfact

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tv.com never disappoints. Yet another nice story is pissed on by the usual cynics. You boys need to get out more ... or at least once.

It's not hard to see why, HerbalEd.

Notwithstanding, when I see real hardship in LOS, believe me, it isn't the boys in brown.

As a US citizen, I'm embarrassed that one of my fellow countrymen is so stupid...perhaps he lives in a bubble or has a family member among the BIB...an idiot.

Could have set up a number of scholarships to help poor children to obtain education...but prefers to buy more whiskey for the mafia...

This is 100% BS on every level. To which I raised a sarcastic eye when I read..., "[Jim] supplies entertainment industry such as pool tables" followed by "1.3M THB set aside for interest-free loans for 6 month. Pay or we send police.

P.T. Barnum.

Hmmmm...Could that be misconstrued as graft and corruption in the form of gratuity....I wonder.

Because he just bought himself a tall stack of: "Get Out of Jail Free Cards"

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

Rookie cops start at 15K a month and have to provide their own uniforms, equipment and transportation. He and his wife already support many other charities and people in need. A public donation like this means it doesn't go into a 'private' charity fund. I might have picked a different group to donate to but it is his money and I applaud him for giving it back to his community. Maybe all you cynics commenting can enumerate your many charity contributions to balance your snide remarks.

Rookie cops start at 15K a month and have to provide their own uniforms, equipment and transportation. He and his wife already support many other charities and people in need. A public donation like this means it doesn't go into a 'private' charity fund. I might have picked a different group to donate to but it is his money and I applaud him for giving it back to his community. Maybe all you cynics commenting can enumerate your many charity contributions to balance your snide remarks.

They also have to buy their own service weapon and motorbike.

****bites tongue****

sick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gif

"bite tongue"

Better tell truth.

Independence Day:

Celebrate 240 Years of “Profit Driven Genocide”:

African Slaves, Native Americans, Mexicans, Filipinos,

I think some miss the point that he operates a CASH business for entertainment; pool tables, ATM's (what do the banks think losing 20-30 baht per transaction), etc... 500k is a small price for no re-portable income (TAXES), and police protection, not bad, who said CRIME doesn't pay?

Hard to get that stink off your nose.

I think some miss the point that he operates a CASH business for entertainment; pool tables, ATM's (what do the banks think losing 20-30 baht per transaction), etc... 500k is a small price for no re-portable income (TAXES), and police protection, not bad, who said CRIME doesn't pay?

Hard to get that stink off your nose.

That is the business he is operating back in Guam and Saipan.

And exactly which crime are you accusing him of here?

Edited by bubba

"The money will be used for an interest free emergency fund to help police officers who find themselves in financial difficulties" So the money has already been spent!

As a US citizen, I'm embarrassed that one of my fellow countrymen is so stupid...perhaps he lives in a bubble or has a family member among the BIB...an idiot.

Could have set up a number of scholarships to help poor children to obtain education...but prefers to buy more whiskey for the mafia...

And just make other Farangs look pretty stupid. Guys like this are the reason that so many Thais think that every Farang must have a magical bank account with unlimited funds on it.