Singapore embassy for Thai Tourist Visa

Has anyone had experience with the Thai embassy in Singapore obtaining a Thai tourist visa?

I'm a UK citizen just completed a METV (from UK) and SETV (from Phnom Penh), plus have a number of previous visas and visa exempt stamps.

How strict and bureaucratic are they?

Do you need to show booked flights in/out of Thailand?

(I won't have this, as I like to be flexible)

Are there travel agents that can do the process on your behalf (and make up a travel itinerary?)

How long does it actually take? On their website it says 5 working days??

Anything else I need to be wary of?

Thanks in advance.

Tourist Visas are available in Singapore

I was there recently to renew my daughters passport.

However if they are only available to issue to Singaporeans or residents of Singapore I cant comment on.

There was a sign stating that proof of passage in / out of Thailand was required to be shown.

You can call them and ask if you can apply there.

Edited by soihok

Just checked their web site and it states that they issue single entry short stay tourist visas but multiple entry visas are only available to residents of Singapore

Unless you are going to be in Singapore for other reasons I cannot even suggest trying to get a visa there.

They often deny tourist visas if you have just been here in the country. Even Singaporeans get denied back to back tourist visas and are told to wait 90 days to apply for another one.

Everyone I know who has applied for a visa at the Singapore office have told me to go elsewhere. Apparently they are very unwelcoming and give no assistance. Penang I believe the people there are not so aggressive and are helpful

Many reports on this forum in the past of the Thai embassy in Singapore being very rude to applicants for visas

If possible avoid them.

One woman in particular who works there has a reputation of insulting applicants and throwing their paperwork around the room.

It's possible, that she has now retired, as complaints about her go back for many years.

Best to avoid them if possible.

Penang is much more friendly usually.

Hi just FYI I'm a Singapore PR and UK citizen and I can confirm 100% that this is not a viable option you have to produce a Singapore ID card and a Singapore re entry permit . Secondly I see a lot of disappointed out of pocket "visitors" who have been badly advised . Ithink Penang/ Laos are possibly viable but you would need someone with experience to comment there.

Final point Singapore is bloody expensive you might be better off using an agent in Thailand 2-3K Baht per night for a hotel etc

Good advice above.

Better dont travel to Singapore for your tourist visa then. As already mentioned it can be an expensive trip if you are short of cash, especially if the result were to be fruitless. Good luck.

Just to note that I have had only good experiences with the Thai Embassy Singapore.

I also am UK but on employment passes since 2001.

I have been going there over the last 13 years. Have been issued 12 month non immigration O on a couple of occasions plus dealt with marraige stuff and passports (Thai citizens).

Never had a bad experience to date.

Edited by soihok

You must show a booked flight out of Thailand with a departure date 2 month after you get in Thailand. It happend to me I had an ticket leaving Thailand 3 month agfyer I get in and the embassy lady made me change it otherwise no visa. I told her my plan is to extend one more month and stay 3 month and she said to me you change your ticket again when you get approval for 1 month extencion. I don't know if that is the new rule or she had a bad mood and make this rule for me.

Singapore is strict but if you have all the right documents you can have a tourist visa no problem

Documents that are compulsory. Proof of 20,000 baht or equivalent in Bank account. Copies of your updated Bank Book and money in account will do.

Travel air tickets in and out of Thailand within 60 days.

other than that your passport, ID card. passport photos.

1 thing to note. if u have been in and out of Thailand regularly on tourist visa or tourist exemption back to back like 3-4 times. I suggest u avoid Singapore becos they will reject you on the spot citing u r too frequent a visitor and might be working illegally. I've seen ppl get rejected b4 and it doesn't matter what passport you hold UK or USA they will reject u.

hope this info helps