Rogue minivan drivers taken in by military for "attitude adjustment"

webfact

Rogue minivan drivers taken in by military for "attitude adjustment"

s5aa.jpg
Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- Two minivan drivers who had a roadside altercation after an argument over which passengers to pick up in Chonburi on Saturday will face attitude adjustment at an army camp.

One of the drivers pulled out a cap gun and fired at a rival driver and was fined for scaring him, reported Thairath. The other driver was found to be in possession of a sword and a club in his van.

Trouble brewed Saturday when the two drivers stopped in front of the Sri Pathum Withaya University campus on Sukhumvit Road. An argument developed over picking up passengers.

Akradech Leuang-orn, 33, accused Chan Chalatsit, 49, of going in front of him and then hurried to the back of his van. Thinking that the rival driver was going to get a weapon Chan pulled out a cap gun and fired at him before fleeing with his passengers.

Akradech was arrested immediately while Chan (or Dam) turned himself in yesterday to Chonburi police. Chan runs the Bangkok - Sri Racha route for the Simple Van company while Akradech plies the Bangkok - Pattaya route.

A one metre long sword was found along with a three sided club in Akradech's van. Chan was charged with scaring or attempting to scare another person and fined the top rate of 2,000 baht. Both men were handed over to the army for an attitude adjustment program along with their Toyota Commuter vans.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-06

"Simple Van company"

Company policy is to employ simple staff gigglem.gif

Stupid staff would be more appropriate

Theyd be overwhelmed with applicants here.................oh i see they are

Just keep them in,attitude adjustment is not going to change them,

unless they are going to waterboard them.

regards worgeordie

They should re name it "attitude removal"

Interesting to note their Toyota Commuter vans will be accompanying them on this boot camp attitude adjustment programme.

As they will have to pay the vans owners for all their lost profits this is probably the most effective part.

I don't know what others think but I really cringe when I hear about attitude adjustment! It has connotations with Nazis, Spanish Inquisition, Khymer Rouge, plus many other despotic regimes around the world. It does not have a positive feeling, rather a feeling that what the powers to be say is all that matters. You disagree, you are wrong!! This has happened so many times before, as mentioned above. What is 'The now Thai government' thinking about treating its population like that?

I don't know what others think but I really cringe when I hear about attitude adjustment! It has connotations with Nazis, Spanish Inquisition, Khymer Rouge, plus many other despotic regimes around the world. It does not have a positive feeling, rather a feeling that what the powers to be say is all that matters. You disagree, you are wrong!! This has happened so many times before, as mentioned above. What is 'The now Thai government' thinking about treating its population like that?

I'm more worried that they will be back at work shortly

Very dangerous scenario this.

The whole incident should be dealt with by the law and the army souls keep their noses right out off it.

What's next? Being dragged away for eating a sandwich.

Oh that's right.....

years if not decades have shown the police are ineffective in dealing with it and or reducing van incidents - accidents. perhaps the army wont simply not get a bribe to solve the problem.

scene reminiscent of the wild wild west.

not good.

2k baht for an offence involving cap gun.incredible.

the attitude adjustment concept is interesting. i wonder

what is involved. any member may kindly educate me.

if it does work this may be solution to many of penal problems.

YES!! Adjust them!! horray!

And my comment of the picture: why do Thai older men always look like they just stepped out of the movie "Shreck"?

"along with their Toyota Commuter vans." Yahh! those damn vans need some attitude adjustment as well, it's not only the driver's fault.

Edited by AlQaholic