£££ hits new low today - will the Brit expats survive this?

cyberfarang

The Australians survives their 30% drop in the last 3 years.

The Russians survived their 40% drop last year.

The Norwegians managed throughout their almost 30% drop in the last 2 years.

The Swedish survived their 20% drop over the last 2 years.

The Euro has also lost 12% over the last 2 years.

You think the Brits won't survive a 13% drop?

Edited by MissAndry

After comparing many of the western worlds currencies, I'm actually glad to have GBP.

It looks like everyone else has been doing much worse on their currency exchange rates in the past 7 years.

Only the USA is up ....... and their turn will come.

Buy USD, I think not, looks like their turn is next.

After comparing many of the western worlds currencies, I'm actually glad to have GBP.

It looks like everyone else has been doing much worse on their currency exchange rates in the past 7 years.

Some top-notch denial there. Bravo. Stiff upper lip and all that, eh?

Some top-notch denial there. Bravo. Stiff upper lip and all that, eh?

Yes, and to remind some people who maybe don't remember ... the USD had it's turn already some years ago when the other currencies were at record highs.

The food court at Tesco should see an increase in profit.

I'm in Thailand, 7-11 do quite a nice microwave chicken spaghetti Bolognese with sliced sausage for 37bht.

Back in London, Tesco Indian Kitchen have a great chicken korma with pilau rice for 2.00 (1oobht)

Edited by MissAndry

Bit of a stupid question.

Anyone who has had their income slashed with the probability that it will drop a lot more

will find their life has changed quite a lot.

Many retirees will now find that their pension will not be enough for their annual extension at immigration.

Maybe resulting in a lot more overstayers.

Edited by Eclipse

I'm in Thailand, 7-11 do quite a nice microwave chicken spaghetti Bolognese with sliced sausage for 37bht.

Back in London, Tesco Indian Kitchen have a great chicken korma with pilau rice for 2.00 (1oobht)

Living the dream, eh?

Living the dream, eh?

Cooked a roast chicken dinner yesterday, and pizza today, but living alone it's handy to have a microwave dinner around now and then.

some people have all the luck. i wish i had also enough money to eat delicious food in an exclusive ambience. sad.png

Anyone who has had their income slashed with the probability that it will drop a lot more

Many retirees will now find that their pension will not be enough for their annual extension at immigration.

Why overstayers if in the short term money's tight border runs and SETV from close countries untill the pound picks up for based on retirement and based on marriage easy hop over to Laos for non o based on. Simple really but I'm in the £ will return within a few months.

Why overstayers if in the short term money's tight border runs and SETV from close countries untill the pound picks up for based on retirement and based on marriage easy hop over to Laos for non o based on. Simple really but I'm in the £ will return within a few months.

I hope you are correct about sterling but it ain't looking good.

Cuts in interest rates are coming soon.

Its the price of freedom, and people thinking the sterling will turn around are optimist. The economy in the UK will suffer and as a result the GBP will suffer. The only way the GBP will turn around is when the UK economy will turn around and with the Brexit that is not the case.

I wonder how many of the expats that were so vocal about Brexit to get out are now less than happy. I hope for you guys that it will turn around but it does not look good.

Which for me and my siblings back home is great news.

Its the price of freedom, and people thinking the sterling will turn around are optimist. The economy in the UK will suffer and as a result the GBP will suffer. The only way the GBP will turn around is when the UK economy will turn around and with the Brexit that is not the case.

I wonder how many of the expats that were so vocal about Brexit to get out are now less than happy. I hope for you guys that it will turn around but it does not look good.

Not me happy were leaving the EU. Said all along the £ would drop made plans for that. Share prices already back and better free trade partners lining up for us. 6 to 9 months all will be back to what we call normal

Meanwhile, for those who earn Thai baht, this is a happy time for now. I have seen more than one facebook post practically exhorting people to buy sterling for the benefit of their finances.