New visa offices

I was in Khampaeng Phet today and on the way home I stopped at the new Khampaeng Phet Immigration office.

It isn't open yet and they reckon another couple of months before it is up and running.

It is about 5km south of KPP and can only be accessed from the southbound side of the route 1. As you head south you will see the Bangchak gas station on the left and the local area administration building behind that. Go towards the bug building and there is a blue sign showing where the Immigration office is to the right. You can park right outside.

The GPS co-ordinates are

Google    N16.409316   E 99.522188

Garmin   N 16.24.565   E 99.31.331.

IMG_20160818_142400 resized.jpg

IMG_20160818_142701 resized.jpg

Well to be fair,  you get a visa then you get an extension for it.

Translations to English come in all ways so it easy for us to point out errors as we understand them.

e.g. We say  " would you shut the door please ".....Thais say " door shut "  :D  

Edited by Kwasaki

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 1:18 PM, Kwasaki said:

A bitter off topic :D  but is it draught Guinness in cans. ?

CM I treat myself to a pint pulled draught Guinness in Red Lion 190.

There's an Irish place in the market square around the corner but 250.

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Well to be fair,  you get a visa then you get an extension for it.

Translations to English come in all ways so it easy for us to point out errors as we understand them.

e.g. We say  " would you shut the door please ".....Thais say " door shut "  :D  

Just to help all out I have just asked the wife to translate. She looked at the photos and read it all out "IN THAI" then said it's all there in English so why you want to know. Same same. 

There now we are all clued up clear as mud.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2016 at 4:12 PM, tutsiwarrior said:

'My friend was advised that the rules had changed in the last three weeks. He is Swedish and his English is not very good, hence my posting. The problem may have arisen with the drop in exchange rate of the Euro and immigration wanting to see more of a reserve in case of a future drop in exchange rate. He did manage to get a bank statement in his and his wife''s name showing 50,000 baht and took that to the new immigration office in Suphanburi. It appears to be open, but not yet fully functional. They phoned Bangkok to verify they had sighted the bank statement (and may have copied it to mail to Bangkok). Presumably all is well now. It appears at least in this case they allowed a combination of money in the bank and the income statement. Immigration official told him that when they investigated marriage visas they found a large number of cheats (something like 1 in 3), so they are expanding requirements to catch these. Ayuthaya immigration requirements include photos of both partners in the house with tv on, food on the table and in front of the house,  photo in the bedroom (you can keep your pants on), translation of the passport to Thai, and the house inspection at short notice .'  

the above is from a thread in the visas and immigration forum recently and is big news to me...

anyone got a link to a website that has all the contact details for this new immigration office in Suphanburi? Anybody been there yet on immigration business? anything to report, positive or negative?

thanx

further to my earlier post, those interested in the new Suphanburi office need to see the related thread in the visa forum...

regarding the Ayutthaya office there is a dismaying development; from the above mentioned thread:

"Tutsiwarrior, your statement is correct.  The affidavit from the US embassy regarding your monthly income from the USA must now have the signature of the Consul signing the letter verified and certified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA).  I arrived at the Immigration Office in Ayutthaya without the stamp from the MFA and was told I couldn't complete my request for an extension of stay.  I then had to drive to the MFA Office on Chaeng Wattana Road the next day to have the paper certified.  It cost 400 baht and can be done in a few hours if you submit the paper and form before 11:00 am.  They'll tell you to come back after 1:00 pm to get the stamped form.  I actually had enough time to drive from Chaeng Wattana Road to the Ayutthaya Immigration Office that same day and had me extension of stay based on retirement approved before they closed the Immigration Office down for the day.  I'm told that all immigration offices are now requiring the income affidavit issued by the US Embassy to be certified by the MFA."

whether it is true that this is now a univesal requirement is questionable but we now know that there is a problem in this regard at the Ayutthaya IO... 

20 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

further to my earlier post, those interested in the new Suphanburi office need to see the related thread in the visa forum...

regarding the Ayutthaya office there is a dismaying development; from the above mentioned thread:

"Tutsiwarrior, your statement is correct.  The affidavit from the US embassy regarding your monthly income from the USA must now have the signature of the Consul signing the letter verified and certified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA).  I arrived at the Immigration Office in Ayutthaya without the stamp from the MFA and was told I couldn't complete my request for an extension of stay.  I then had to drive to the MFA Office on Chaeng Wattana Road the next day to have the paper certified.  It cost 400 baht and can be done in a few hours if you submit the paper and form before 11:00 am.  They'll tell you to come back after 1:00 pm to get the stamped form.  I actually had enough time to drive from Chaeng Wattana Road to the Ayutthaya Immigration Office that same day and had me extension of stay based on retirement approved before they closed the Immigration Office down for the day.  I'm told that all immigration offices are now requiring the income affidavit issued by the US Embassy to be certified by the MFA."

whether it is true that this is now a univesal requirement is questionable but we now know that there is a problem in this regard at the Ayutthaya IO... 

Not sure why this is posted here, the first one is about marriage extensions and second is retirement extensions l take it.

The requirements for both type extensions are easily explained even though more stuff is needed for marriage than retirement.

On 8/21/2016 at 5:56 PM, tutsiwarrior said:

^^I believe that income affidavits from embassies can be used for either marriage or retirement extensions...but not in combination with bank account for marriage...

Well l would not be so sure on marriage as l see it although l have never needed a affidavit.

My understanding for marriage extensions is there are only two ways,  A. is what l do :-

A.  Show proof of not less than 400.000 baht in a Thai bank account in sole name of applicant deposited for a period of 2 months or some immigration offices 3 months prior to date extension renewal.

This requires a letter from the applicants bank confirming the funds amount and time period.

The original bank book with photocopies of first page account details and pages with dates and showing the 400,000 baht amount.

B.   Show proof of not less than 40.000 baht per month going into a Thai bank account in sole name of applicant .

Never done it this way myself and this of course amounts to 480,000 baht per annum but you can't do, so much saving and so much income amounting to the 480,000 baht like you can with the retirement extension.

I stand to be corrected though. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:06 PM, billd766 said:

I popped into the Khampaeng Phet office Thursday afternoon 22 September and they are STILL awaiting a connection to the main Immigration department and thus are still not open for business. Maybe next month is the rallying cry.

It's still a No No regards the Visa place in K.P.P Bill. Was in there last week and the chappy with pips on his lapels said another few months/new year was mentioned, whether that'll be the world one or the Thai one who knows ??? What the Buddha is happening there I don't know. 

They didn't seem to have a clue about anything.

EG I did show him my Passport and said can I do a 90 day report here yet.

After searching through same 'with a blank look on his face' for at least 10 min's:  and me telling him what a 90 day report Was, as he didn't seem to have a clue. Not holding out to much hope.

My next report is in 5 months will be I suspect going to N/S as usual.

MrMud.

If your place is anything like ours don't hold your breath.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

It's still a No No regards the Visa place in K.P.P Bill. Was in there last week and the chappy with pips on his lapels said another few months/new year was mentioned, whether that'll be the world one or the Thai one who knows ??? What the Buddha is happening there I don't know. 

They didn't seem to have a clue about anything.

EG I did show him my Passport and said can I do a 90 day report here yet.

After searching through same 'with a blank look on his face' for at least 10 min's:  and me telling him what a 90 day report Was, as he didn't seem to have a clue. Not holding out to much hope.

My next report is in 5 months will be I suspect going to N/S as usual.

MrMud.

If your place is anything like ours don't hold your breath.

My next one is due on the 19th of this month. I may try to do it online first before going back to tried and trusted NS Imm.

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

My next one is due on the 19th of this month. I may try to do it online first before going back to tried and trusted NS Imm.

Asked N/S some time ago about online reporting. Seems you can only do it via internet explorer. Oh that's good I thought as I do use that most times. I was then told they Don't/Cant do it.

They might have got it sorted by now who knows. Give them a call first. Their No: is 056881518 that's if the Mods don't take it off if so you'll have to look on line for same.

Let us know how you get on.

Edited by fredob43

Is that all you guys have time for, pick,bitch and complain?  They could revert back to the old system where there were no local offices and you had to do your extensions i at Suan Plu in Bangkok and your 90 day reports in person on the second floor of the same building.   Remember what treat that was!

Any flood reports in NS as I intend to do my next extension on the 18th if AS1 is not flooded since I first have to go to the Us Embassy to get my Income Affidavit!

19 hours ago, wayned said:

Is that all you guys have time for, pick,bitch and complain?  They could revert back to the old system where there were no local offices and you had to do your extensions i at Suan Plu in Bangkok and your 90 day reports in person on the second floor of the same building.   Remember what treat that was!

Any flood reports in NS as I intend to do my next extension on the 18th if AS1 is not flooded since I first have to go to the Us Embassy to get my Income Affidavit!

I was there last week and the low lying houses by the new bridge were under water. Small rivers flooding.

Other than that all seems to be fine. You should be OK from your direction that's if you stick to the main roads. Unless things have change rapidly.

Regards complaining about the new immigration offices I was told at N/S IMG 6 months ago that our local one would be open no later than 3 months well it's 6 now and there doesn't seem to be any movement in that direction. When what is happening Buddha only knows.

The K.P.P one has lots of desks all full of comps: with several peeps read 8 working there doing what I do know. How hard it to get the visa stuff on line.

You know what a pain in the Butt it is for you to go to N/S our journey takes twice as long. Took me over 3 hours on my last trip visa less than 2 Min: So complain it is.

Hope your well.

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

I was there last week and the low lying houses by the new bridge were under water. Small rivers flooding.

Other than that all seems to be fine. You should be OK from your direction that's if you stick to the main roads. Unless things have change rapidly.

Regards complaining about the new immigration offices I was told at N/S IMG 6 months ago that our local one would be open no later than 3 months well it's 6 now and there doesn't seem to be any movement in that direction. When what is happening Buddha only knows.

The K.P.P one has lots of desks all full of comps: with several peeps read 8 working there doing what I do know. How hard it to get the visa stuff on line.

You know what a pain in the Butt it is for you to go to N/S our journey takes twice as long. Took me over 3 hours on my last trip visa less than 2 Min: So complain it is.

Hope your well.

Thanks for the info.

Sounds like the KKP visa office is open but it's just not operational since you can go in and ask them questions but they can't do anything.  Maybe it's an JOT period while the farangs are training them before the plug them in and go live!

My trip on the 18th will be a real treat, I just hope that  AH1 is open through Ayutthaya.  If not all bets are off as I will have to go the back way through Saraburi and that's not any fun at all. Here's the plan:

I'll leave home at 0400 and get to Foodland on Suk Soi 5, open 24 hrs/day, at around 0630 and park there and do some shopping, my yearly restocking run.   I'll  then drive to All Seasons on Wireless , park and go to Tops market, opens at 0700, to get what I either forgot or couldn't get at Foodland.  I'll then hobble to the Embassy stopping for breakfast on the way.  My appointment is at 0915, the earliest one available for notarial services.  I should be done by 1000 and hobble back to the car.  I should be out of Bangkok by1100 to 1130.  I'll then drive directly to immigration in Nakhon Sawan and arrive by 1500. The extension should take about 1/2 hour and then will drive home stopping at Makro on the way to get some lamb and a big hunk of cheese..  I should be home by1800.  Then feed the 9 mutts, walk them, clean up the mess, eat something, have a beer and pass out.  It'll be a long and hard 16 - 18 hour day driving around 700 kilometers on wonderful Thai roads and trough Bangkok traffic any flood water will not be appreciated as it will prolong the ordeal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wayned said:

Thanks for the info.

Sounds like the KKP visa office is open but it's just not operational since you can go in and ask them questions but they can't do anything.  Maybe it's an JOT period while the farangs are training them before the plug them in and go live!

My trip on the 18th will be a real treat, I just hope that  AH1 is open through Ayutthaya.  If not all bets are off as I will have to go the back way through Saraburi and that's not any fun at all. Here's the plan:

I'll leave home at 0400 and get to Foodland on Suk Soi 5, open 24 hrs/day, at around 0630 and park there and do some shopping, my yearly restocking run.   I'll  then drive to All Seasons on Wireless , park and go to Tops market, opens at 0700, to get what I either forgot or couldn't get at Foodland.  I'll then hobble to the Embassy stopping for breakfast on the way.  My appointment is at 0915, the earliest one available for notarial services.  I should be done by 1000 and hobble back to the car.  I should be out of Bangkok by1100 to 1130.  I'll then drive directly to immigration in Nakhon Sawan and arrive by 1500. The extension should take about 1/2 hour and then will drive home stopping at Makro on the way to get some lamb and a big hunk of cheese..  I should be home by1800.  Then feed the 9 mutts, walk them, clean up the mess, eat something, have a beer and pass out.  It'll be a long and hard 16 - 18 hour day driving around 700 kilometers on wonderful Thai roads and trough Bangkok traffic any flood water will not be appreciated as it will prolong the ordeal.

Best of luck with the trip Wayne. Sounds horrendous to me.

There doesn't seem to be any problems with the roads from your place to BKK.

The Wife's sister arrived yesterday from BKK by Bus. Said there was nothing to report all working fine. It took 7 hours, she normally uses the 999 bus that take 5 hours, used a different company this time they stopped at Sing Buri for grub so added a bit. But 7 hours I ask you.

Our Visa IMG office has been open about a year,  and they still haven't got their act together.

I would like to know why have an immigration office if they don't/cant do anything TIT working well again.

They said that they would open the office but never said that it would be usable.  I often wonder where all these "inactive posts" are that people are transferred to.  Maybe we've found one!

8 hours ago, wayned said:

Thanks for the info.

jeezuz, that would kill me...

when I got the same business I go down and check into my usual hotel the night before...then talk to the hotel limousine captain to set up the next day's transport...review documents, sleep, get up and have breakfast and then approach the waiting driver like Col. Kilgore approaching his chopper before an assault in Apocalypse Now!: 'how d'ye feel, Billy?" 'like a mean <deleted>, sir!'...

and then I unleash tutsi's devastation on an unsuspecting world...

yeah, it's expensive (helps to be employed on a good salary) but it gets the job done with a mnimum of hassle...

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed.

I choose to do it this way as I miss most of the Bangkok traffic.  I wouldn't even have to stay in a hotel as I have a town house in Bang Bua Thong about 40 kilometers from lower Suk.  My step son lives there.  During rush hour it would take me almost as long to drive from there as it does from My home here and I would need a bottle of pills to keep my blood pressure down! I haven't been to the town house since the flood,1.7 meters of water n the house, when I shoveled out the old, literally, and built new free standing walls, kitchen cabinets and installed new electrical fixtures and appliances.

With the "experts" again trying to control mother nature with discharge gates on the dams it looks like it's about to happen again.  If it does, this time it's my son's deal as my shoveling and ladder climbing days are over!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wayned said:

I choose to do it this way as I miss most of the Bangkok traffic.  I wouldn't even have to stay in a hotel as I have a town house in Bang Bua Thong about 40 kilometers from lower Suk.  My step son lives there.  During rush hour it would take me almost as long to drive from there as it does from My home here and I would need a bottle of pills to keep my blood pressure down! I haven't been to the town house since the flood,1.7 meters of water n the house, when I shoveled out the old, literally, and built new free standing walls, kitchen cabinets and installed new electrical fixtures and appliances.

With the "experts" again trying to control mother nature with discharge gates on the dams it looks like it's about to happen again.  If it does, this time it's my son's deal as my shoveling and ladder climbing days are over!

I had to do my immigration business in BKK in Dec 2011 and i drove thru Bang Bua Thong during the devastation; a sandbagged corridor with flood water brimming on either side...it took 4 hours to get to Suphanburi and I was recovering from a mild stroke...

jeezuz, the stuff we endure for the right to live here...

• 2 weeks later...