Temple with old airplanes?

A friend forwarded me this picture from social media, and a similar one that shows the same place. Searching internet in English and Thai, I couldn't find any information where it is? Does anyone know or can at least identify the airplane?

post-112971-0-04753000-1467817738_thumb.

Edited by ChristianPFC

They appear to be examples of :

RTAF-4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The one in the foreground may have had its fin/rudder replaced/modified, but the distinctive alignment of the rudder (trailing edge set well forward of the horizontal stabiliser/tailplane trailing edge) betrays its origins (a copy of the DHC Chipmunk).

Compare them with the photo in the Wikientry and note the spin strake leading forward from the tailplane root with the black dot underneath and the NACA duct just to the rear of the black nosepaint, midway down the forward fuselage. They both have canopies which seem slightly different to the other photo, but I suspect that there was never a "definitive" example

The one in the Wikientry can be seen at the RTAF Museum on the east side of Don Mueang. A great day out, lots of aircraft, and free!

Edited by Enoon

• 2 months later...

Thanks for identifying the airplane.

At Samut Songkhram stall at a travel fair ( ไทยเที่ยวไทย ครั้งที่ 40 on 1-4 Sep 2016 in QSNCC) I showed the picture to staff and they told me it's across main road from Wat Bang Kung วัดบางกุ้ง. Armed with this information, I had a closer look at satellite picture and could indeed spot some airplanes there (I checked satellite image before when someone wrote they are in or near Bang Kung Camp, but missed it then). On 4sep2016 I even went there, but the plane with the swastika was gone, and the one behind changed or new paint. Still 5 planes left in that area.

Edited by ChristianPFC