ALERT - dog poisoning

The Snark

Yeah, the dog (s )inside the gate, next to the house lying in wait and i walk by on the public street. They lunge at the fence, snarling and barking and if they could, would rip off my legs.

Then those same dogs, from 9 at night till 2 am barking barking and more barking at the moon or the motorbikes. The owners are deaf and dumb stupid. Ask a Thai to train a dog? Hardly, since most Thais have no concept of dog obedience.

IMO, let them be dead with no remorse. But i did not kill them.

Those dogs barking etc inside the owners property at that time in the morning, must make life very difficult for you' when you are trying to "sleep it off" in the gutter outside.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your dog wasn't one of the problem ones.

Nobodies dog is one of the problem ones. Until it tears some young girls face off, then it's all 'Ooo he's such a gentle dog, he's never done anything like that before'

If a dog is secured, watched and cared for at home, nobody would be able to poison it. And by 'cared for' I mean, not left alone in a yard all day and night to bark it's head off 24/7.

Edited by MissAndry

Nobodies dog is one of the problem ones. Until it tears some young girls face off, then it's all 'Ooo he's such a gentle dog, he's never done anything like that before'

If a dog is secured, watched and cared for at home, nobody would be able to poison it. And by 'cared for' I mean, not left alone in a yard all day and night to bark it's head off 24/7.

Oh dear dear me missing your sleepy poos are we

Not me, I'm a bit deaf, but I still understand what caring for a dog is, and it isn't leaving it unattended all the time.

Not me, I'm a bit deaf, but I still understand what caring for a dog is, and it isn't leaving it unattended all the time.

Then you don't undestand why 90% of Thai's have dogs. Not for pets as Western culture sometimes have. But for guard dogs whilst they are at work putting people off going into there property. Now a dog don't get master is home so don't bark it will do as it's instinct tell it Bark at anyone passing the house at any time of day. It's very uncommon for Thais to have dogs as tamed house pets as we do. As I do in fact however my dogs still bark at people passing our property no matter what time of day diffrence is if me out Mrs say shut up they do.

Confined dogs actually bark more than free range, my neighbors leave their gate open a crack so the dog come home, they are quiet and everybody knows which dog goes where, confined dogs get too frustrated and go crazy, teritorial and confined, free dogs learn to socialize or else they get killed. only an arshoie hates a socialized dog.

Good, hope it makes people keep those shit dogs from botheribg people who don't have or like dogs. If you love yr dog, keep it with you, I don 't love or like yr <deleted> dog !

If my dog keeps you away from us , it will get a big reward ...!

Take a bullet, oh brother you don't know anything about me. People been trying to kill me since I was 19 yrs. old I'm still here and they are gone. There may have been one lucky enough, but none good enough, no brag, just fact. I'm still damn good at gunfighting but I specialize in long range work, get my drift, ese'. Back to the topic. I am sorry for your dog and I understand your anger, your dog wasn't one of the problem ones. BTW, I was in addtition to being a professional guide, a law enforcement officer working along side NM Game and Fish. Dogs packed, miles from house collar or not, and I was 5 miles from nearest house, died. Policy same as coyotes, they killed deer. Oh and I just chased and rocked 2 that came and urinated on my truck tires and garbage can. Damn right I would have shot them.

Wow I'm in awe of you I wish wish wish I could be a key board warior as you are and wow shotting dogs that wee on your precious tyres. God your so brave. Please please can I be as big and brave and as you!!!!! No second thoughts I will be a coward and sit back and let &lt;deleted&gt; like you steal the lime light your a true legend in your own small narrow minded brain. Ps whenever your ready I'm here

Or you could be a responsible dog owner, keep your dog on your property. and not let it run around trying to bite people in the street and pooping everywhere.

Or you could join reality, they toss the bait/poison over your fence into your property.

If they toss it over your fence then it is easy to figure. Your dogs are annoying somebody massively. It is owners responsibility to prevent that. So it is likely they would prefer YOU get the poison and maybe the dog could get a new home and a new and responsible owner................ Just some "Food for thought"............... If the shoe fits--- wear it.............

Or you could be a responsible dog owner, keep your dog on your property. and not let it run around trying to bite people in the street and pooping everywhere.

Or you could join reality, they toss the bait/poison over your fence into your property.

If they toss it over your fence then it is easy to figure. Your dogs are annoying somebody massively. It is owners responsibility to prevent that. So it is likely they would prefer YOU get the poison and maybe the dog could get a new home and a new and responsible owner................ Just some "Food for thought"............... If the shoe fits--- wear it.............
Silly response I suspect your feet fit In your mouth quite well. Ever heard of the old saying don't keep a dog and bark yourself. Edited by Deepinthailand

Take a bullet, oh brother you don't know anything about me. People been trying to kill me since I was 19 yrs. old I'm still here and they are gone. There may have been one lucky enough, but none good enough, no brag, just fact. I'm still damn good at gunfighting but I specialize in long range work, get my drift, ese'. Back to the topic. I am sorry for your dog and I understand your anger, your dog wasn't one of the problem ones. BTW, I was in addtition to being a professional guide, a law enforcement officer working along side NM Game and Fish. Dogs packed, miles from house collar or not, and I was 5 miles from nearest house, died. Policy same as coyotes, they killed deer. Oh and I just chased and rocked 2 that came and urinated on my truck tires and garbage can. Damn right I would have shot them.

Wow I'm in awe of you I wish wish wish I could be a key board warior as you are and wow shotting dogs that wee on your precious tyres. God your so brave. Please please can I be as big and brave and as you!!!!! No second thoughts I will be a coward and sit back and let <deleted> like you steal the lime light your a true legend in your own small narrow minded brain. Ps whenever your ready I'm here

You are a funny &lt;deleted&gt;, if your dog was shitting in front of my house, you would know about it. Only a moron would think it is ok to let their animals affect other people's lives.

Wow I'm in awe of you I wish wish wish I could be a key board warior as you are and wow shotting dogs that wee on your precious tyres. God your so brave. Please please can I be as big and brave and as you!!!!! No second thoughts I will be a coward and sit back and let <deleted> like you steal the lime light your a true legend in your own small narrow minded brain. Ps whenever your ready I'm here

You are a funny <deleted>, if your dog was shitting in front of my house, you would know about it. Only a moron would think it is ok to let their animals affect other people's lives.

Bloody hell two keyboard warriors I'm pooing my pants now.

This topic makes me feel better about being a smoker; apparently dog owners are even more selfish than we are. Barking, growling, biting, pooping, etc. are apparently all "no big deal" when inflicted on others. But it's a big deal when somebody does something about it...

It appears the time has come to ban dog ownership and to fine owners of dogs to the fullest extent of the law. 5,000 Baht for every time your dog irritates someone, 10,000 Baht for every time it fouls the walkways and 1,000,000 Baht for biting someone should do the trick. I suspect the owners will "take care of" their dogs in that instance and it won't need a good Samaritan to do it for them.

Dogs need to be in a home or in a confined looked after area......Free roaming dogs, dogs with no home. unspade or neuterd....Well gas is better. But strays need to be gotten rid of. period.

Exactly, why should my health be in danger due to a Soi dog? That risk should NOT be deemed acceptable.

I've only just moved to live in C.M. and don't understand why so many properties have guard dogs. Is there a huge problem with house burglaries here? Also, everyone seems to have heaps of locks and bolts on their doors.

I've only just moved to live in C.M. and don't understand why so many properties have guard dogs. Is there a huge problem with house burglaries here? Also, everyone seems to have heaps of locks and bolts on their doors.

Thailand is a "third world country." That is why. And, I do enjoy/appreciate being able to lock my motel/hotel room from the outside with my heavy-duty Master lock.

Not too many years ago in Chiang Mai, complaints about vicious dogs chasing cyclists and challenging pedestrians would be reported to the police. I twice remember the cop coming to the neighbourhood, having the dog identified as well as the owner and then simply killing it in front of the owner with a shot from his pistol. Worked a treat for a few years.

Wonder what happened? The "social do-goody-two shoes farangs" got vocal? aka the ones never bitten or attacked made a fuss?

Get over it or better still go get bitten and tell the world the agony you suffered.

What some clever soul needs to invent is an attractive (to dogs) food that contains a very mild tranquilizer and a fertility control agent. Calm down some of the more exuberant canine behaviour and limit the currently rampant reproduction rates of soi dogs.

Bullshit, there are many reasons they might poison a dog that have nothing to do with the dog.

Talk'n bout mongrel-mutts.... For me,this K-9 nuisance is what takes the enjoyment out of a simple walkabout here.

My 6yr.old daughter was bitten in our Soi by a local dog,for no reason other than what we figured to be jealousy.She had to endure 8 shoots over a period of time and will have a permanent bite scare on her butt. It cost the "owner" over 4,000baht. If I was able to have caught the dog(medium-sized husky) at the time I was more than prepared to kill it on the spot.

I was absolutely furious with both the owner who mindlessly lets this mixed breed mongrel run a muck in the soi and a dog that I knew one day would inflict grief on someone.

Since then the owner/neighbor ties the snarling monster up,occasionally it gets loose,I made it clear that if his dog ever comes in my yard I will kill it.

I used to like dogs until living in this part of the world.

To poison an animal is very cruel...there were a few feral cats around our area that got poisoned and we figure our own cat met a similar fate,I buried 7-cats in our garden within a week.

There has been an awareness campaign by local "mafia" (politicians) in our area for dog owners to keep their pets out of the soi and on-leash during walks,they even sponsored a free-neutering program....but,as usual, it will all be short-lived and a new generation of mutts will be back in the soi .Life goes on.

Edited by HaleySabai

You are a funny <deleted>, if your dog was shitting in front of my house, you would know about it. Only a moron would think it is ok to let their animals affect other people's lives.

Bloody hell two keyboard warriors I'm pooing my pants now.

Not at all, i write as i do. But as you seem to think dogs shitting in front of a person's house is ok, it show's you're lacking in understanding normal behaviour.

Edited by chrissables