How to go to immigration office at chan wattana?

Hello guys,

I need to know how to go to immigration office at the Govt complex / chang wattana road,

myself, I knew it very well, but always drive to there, I am asking for a friend who needs to go there,

let's say he will start from victory monument, or anywhere else in the down town to get bus, or van or at least the the beginning of that big soi, then take a motorbike taxi, which is not that far from there,

will appreciate if any information to be shared as soon as possible,

Kind regards.

Every taxi and Uber driver in Bangkok will know how to get there - the location is at Chaengwattana Road, Soi 9. For Uber, just pin the location above as the destination.

It has always been Soi 7 for me - although better to just think next Soi after CAT building going West: as it is a divided multi lane roadway.

Every taxi and Uber driver in Bangkok will know how to get there - the location is at Chaengwattana Road, Soi 9. For Uber, just pin the location above as the destination.

Exactly.

I never understand why people want to make it difficult for themselves.

BTS to Mo Chit then a taxi to Immigration. Easy.

In reverse do the same, although I sometimes get the taxi all the way back to Udomsuk, depending on the time of day.

• Like 1

If you are at Victory Monument the number 166 bus starting there goes literally to the door of the correct immigration building (Building B where the visa office is). Nothing is simpler than getting on a bus at the beginning of the route and getting off at the end! The same bus also goes back to Victory monument from the door of the same immigration building.

The bus goes on the expressway, takes around 40 minutes and costs either 18 baht or nothing at all depending on whether the next bus that comes is a free bus or not (blue sign above door and front window indicates free).

The bus can be caught from the west side of the traffic circle at Victory monument, and the number 166 is marked on the bus shelter where you catch it. One point where care must be taken is that there are two 166 routes: the 166 bus from the outer part of the road goes to Pakret, and the other, from the inner side where the shelter is, goes to immigration.

The phonetic pronounciation of immigration is "Soon Ratchagahn" so you can ask on the bus to make sure, or just look at the sign on the front of the bus which looks like this:

post-26070-0-86249000-1467912942_thumb.j

Edited by partington
  • Like 2

If near Khao San/Pinklao take the No. 66 bus. (goes along Charoen Sonitwong) then drops you off at the door an hour later. Same for return. Exit the building and wait for 66. Usually frequent. About 9 baht for non a/c and 21 baht a/c. I get the first 66 I see whether a/c or not. Sometimes I get the free bus. Once I went there and back free:)

Partington, Bangkok Tony, thank you very much guys,, both of your answers are the useful and workable,

Thank you very much again,, with high appreciation to your kind efforts, as well to all others interacted in this post,

I may ask the admin: kindly close this post, we got what is needed,

A peaceful night and happy weekend ahead to all of you brave and helpful guys ..!