Second Death at Badly Lit Pattaya Road Barrier

webfact

Second Death at Badly Lit Pattaya Road Barrier
Story by Albert Jack

pat.jpg

PATTAYA: -- There has been a second death at a badly lit concrete road traffic barrier on Sukhumvit Road, Central Pattaya.

The police say that the recent storms are responsible for the fatal accident to thirty-seven year old Boonsueb Duangchan, from Pitsanulok Province.

Witness confirmed that the motorbike rider was ‘proceeding in heavy rain’ when he drove straight into the barrier.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/226887/second-death-badly-lit-pattaya-barrier/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-07-08

Died of serious head injuries, I suspect no helmet. The guy may have been very well alive today nursing a few broken bones if this is the case.

I would have thought it would be a good message for government to pick up on, no helmet, died when crashed his bike.

The lighting is pretty bad by the road works but when the rain really comes down no amount of lighting can improve the terrible visibility, especially on a motorbike with the rain lashing your face. Even with a helmet of its hard to see through the visor properly when it hurls down with rain here.

If I get caught, I pull over at the first convenient spot, hopefully a Macdonalds and sit down with a coffee until it passes.

Some however, tear along the road as it is a bright, clear day,,, crazy.

Sad another pointless death RIP,,

"The police say that the recent storms are responsible for the fatal accident..."

No, it was fool on motorcycle driving too fast for the conditions. Not the police, not the storm.

well, on Thai roads, there are conditions and then there are... entirely different conditions.

for example, I was once driving down Thappraya road from Pattaya to Jomtien.

I live nearby so I know the road quite well, including irregularities and potholes.

That night, someone had dug a hole in the middle of the road, and it was "secured" by two iron bars hammered into the ground and a wooden beam across. The red and white paint on the beam had almost completely faded so that it was difficult to spot from a distance and the two iron bars were invisible in the night.

I was doing 50 Kph and avoided the accident thanks to quick reflexes and thanks to observing the traffic in front of me because I wondered why a motorcycle did a strange manoeuver, almost falling down...

I stopped and collected two discarded white plastic bags and strung them to the bars to improve safety.

I think the guy who left the hole in this state on the road should have faced criminal negligence charges.

I was driving in the truck during heavy rain Wednesday evening on Sukhumvit and was amazed that people on bikes with no visor were moving along around me, they surely were completely blinded. I would have pulled over and tried to get on the pavement to wait it out.

Edited by jacko45k

I was driving in the truck during heavy rain Wednesday evening on Sukhumvit and was amazed that people on bikes with no visor were moving along around me, they surely were completely blinded. I would have pulled over and tried to get on the pavement to wait it out.

Yes, but you have common sense. After nearly 25 years living in Thailand I have yet to witness any common sense from a Thai. Ever. Someone should do a study on why an entire country could be missing something so crucial. It really is quite extraordinary.

Yes, but you have common sense. After nearly 25 years living in Thailand I have yet to witness any common sense from a Thai. Ever. Someone should do a study on why an entire country could be missing something so crucial. It really is quite extraordinary.

sounds like a krass exageration - there must certainly have been a handful of times at least ?