Bernie Sanders poised to endorse Hillary Clinton at event Tuesday

webfact

Bernie Sanders poised to endorse Hillary Clinton at event Tuesday
By Jeff Zeleny, Senior Washington Correspondent

(CNN)Bernie Sanders is poised to endorse Hillary Clinton at a campaign event Tuesday in New Hampshire, provided that final disagreements in the Democratic platform can be resolved during a weekend party meeting in Orlando, people familiar with the talks say.

For three weeks, Sanders has been steadily walking closer to throwing his full support behind Clinton, but has been withholding a formal endorsement until the platform is written. He repeated his pledge to help defeat Donald Trump again Thursday in an interview with Bloomberg View's Al Hunt.

"We have got to do everything that we can to defeat Donald Trump and elect Hillary Clinton," Sanders said. "I don't honestly know how we would survive four years of a Donald Trump as president."

Full story: http://us.cnn.com/2016/07/06/politics/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-democratic-platform/index.html

cnn.com.jpg
-- CNN 2016-07-08

So, in the end, all the hoopla, fanfares and fiery speeches are all for naught right Mr. Sanders?

if you only knew it from the start.. but I guess deep down you knew, didn't you?....

Sanders has raised a lot of great points. You see yesterday that HRC is advocating free tuition, that's Bernie. The Democratic race has been fair and respectful, the complete opposite of the Republican nomination zoo.

Sanders will endorse Hillary this week because it's the right thing to do. Hillary Clinton is not the issue here. Donald Trump and the wingnut base are America's biggest problem.

So, in the end, all the hoopla, fanfares and fiery speeches are all for naught right Mr. Sanders?

if you only knew it from the start.. but I guess deep down you knew, didn't you?....

Do you know what concessions Hillary may have granted Sanders? Are you certain that his efforts in mobilising previously ambivalent grassroots voters won't have lasting effects? Even if I don't agree with all his policies, I am not so naive as to think all his effort was for nought.

Of course he knew. We all knew. He's not dumb. The important thing now is to block the fascist demagogue trump from being president.

Do you know what concessions Hillary may have granted Sanders? Are you certain that his efforts in mobilising previously ambivalent grassroots voters won't have lasting effects? Even if I don't agree with all his policies, I am not so naive as to think all his effort was for nought.

Yes, of course the force of Bernie influences the platform to the left and some positions of HRC as well. That is all well and good. But she can't go so FAR left as to be unelectable in a nation that is like it or not, mostly right centrist. It's a delicate balance.

WoW Looks like all of you vote for WW3 with Hillary. Please Look the Reality . Bush,Clinton,Bush,Obama,and an other Clinton? The Saudi lover? The last 20 years US is going downhill and you guys vote for more? I call it Brain Damage of media influence.Maybe Trump is not this great , but 10 times better as crooked Hillary. Give him a chance.Please open your Mind and look behind the curtains

WoW Looks like all of you vote for WW3 with Hillary. Please Look the Reality . Bush,Clinton,Bush,Obama,and an other Clinton? The Saudi lover? The last 20 years US is going downhill and you guys vote for more? I call it Brain Damage of media influence.Maybe Trump is not this great , but 10 times better as crooked Hillary. Give him a chance.Please open your Mind and look behind the curtains

trump is the opposite of great. He's a horror show. Americans won't be that stupid.

Bernie was the only real choice out of the lot of them, and that despite some odd policies. At least he came across as genuine, it may be the accepted thing to do to endorse the Clinton Cabal, but it really is an unconscionable act saying you support such morally bankrupt institution.

Better to have just faded into the sunset without comment and maintained your dignity and reputation.

Bernie was the only real choice out of the lot of them, and that despite some odd policies. At least he came across as genuine, it may be the accepted thing to do to endorse the Clinton Cabal, but it really is an unconscionable act saying you support such morally bankrupt institution.

Better to have just faded into the sunset without comment and maintained your dignity and reputation.

Only someone who is willfully ignorant or worse would think that there are no important differences between Clinton and Trump.

trump is the opposite of great. He's a horror show. Americans won't be that stupid.

You know what maybe Trump should get elected so some people will finally know what they're actually supporting.

You know what maybe Trump should get elected so some people will finally know what they're actually supporting.

I think it's literally true that every time I bring up Trump's actual positions on issues to his supporters I'm met with dead silence. It has to do with the fact that a lot of these people are actually very right wing as are the positions Trump has laid out but his false populism gives them cover to say they support Trump because he'll change the status quo. They're remarkably reticent about saying what exactly those changes might be.

I think it's literally true that every time I bring up Trump's actual positions on issues to his supporters I'm met with dead silence. It has to do with the fact that a lot of these people are actually very right wing as are the positions Trump has laid out but his false populism gives them cover to say they support Trump because he'll change the status quo. They're remarkably reticent about saying what exactly those changes might be.

They said the same thing about Obama. And now they hate him.

Yes, of course the force of Bernie influences the platform to the left and some positions of HRC as well. That is all well and good. But she can't go so FAR left as to be unelectable in a nation that is like it or not, mostly right centrist. It's a delicate balance.

On November 9, Hillary won't even know who Bernie Sanders is.

Bernie should just stick with I'll vote against the Trump. He should never endorse the Clinton. Vote for yes, to stop the orange monster, endorse, never. She will screw him and all that support his policies as soon as possible. The platform already shows that.

Maybe you are confusing those who absolutely hate the lying, racketeering Clinton's as Trump boosters. Many of us are not here to defend him, were here to condemn the Clinton mafia and object to its takeover of the American government and its justice system.

Maybe you are confusing those who absolutely hate the lying, racketeering Clinton's as Trump boosters. Many of us are not here to defend him, were here to condemn the Clinton mafia and object to its takeover of the American government and its justice system.

Wow. Where do you get your information?
Some people don't think and just repeat nonsense I have noticed.

Well, you may not be a Trump supporter, but you certainly are a Trump emulator. You have about as much use for facts as he does. As for what I said, I see all the time on the website Trump supporters who claim he is going shake things up and go after the elites. But when you look at Trump's plans, their effect will be to make the wealthy and powerful even wealthier and more powerful.

Edited by ilostmypassword

Only someone who is willfully ignorant or worse would think that there are no important differences between Clinton and Trump.

Of course there are significant differences between Clinton and Trump.

The point user Rancid was making was that Bernie was highly regarded as a man of principles, but he has now sold out his reputation and dignity by endorsing what he sees as the lesser of two evils.

Personally, I hope he does step out onto the stage and endorse Clinton. Most of his supporters are so thoroughly outraged that that lying, cheating (there isn't a strong enough word allowed by the forum) isn't being indicted that they would all stay home, vote Trump or vote libertarian. Any of the 3 choices would keep her out of the white house. rolleyes.gif