Here is my ideal system--

money is not an issue

DECK-- Audio Technica LP5

SPEAKERS-- KEF LS50
AMP-- Cambridge CXA60
STANDS-- Atacama Moseco 6

CABLES-- QED Original White Speaker Cable

[Two @ 5m long with terminal plugs]

Any possibility of this being available and where might be the places to look?

Have to come down from Chiang Rai so need as much good advice as possible!

If you are sure enough of what you want to buy without auditioning the equipment, you don't need to make a special trip to Bangkok. I had a Cambridge Audio Music Streamer sent to Udonthani by Piyanas a while back.

It might not interest you, but you have a man in Chiang Rai who makes tube amps to order. He advertises on Alibaba under Jintana Audio Trading. If I were up your way I'd want to take a look.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/9/2016 at 10:00 AM, bouph12 said:

If you are sure enough of what you want to buy without auditioning the equipment, you don't need to make a special trip to Bangkok. I had a Cambridge Audio Music Streamer sent to Udonthani by Piyanas a while back.

It might not interest you, but you have a man in Chiang Rai who makes tube amps to order. He advertises on Alibaba under Jintana Audio Trading. If I were up your way I'd want to take a look.

Brilliant! Will contact the tube amp guy. 

Have had a change of plan, to high-end headphones due to having been 'told off' for having my TV too loud in my condo! 

Either planar or electrostatics, if I can find them. Makes the amplification cheaper [well, not for the E/S's] in all probability

• 3 weeks later...

A good pair of Grado, Stax or Sennheiser headphones and a designated headphone amp (maybe valve, or TEAC make some stonkers) is a good choice.

I had some Stax electrostatics and loved them, but no comparison to turning up speakers and walking around the room/doing stuff at the same time.