Honda CRF 300 L?

You can buy the 250 new for 137k. Second hand you can get good low milage ones with performance mods that would equal a stock 300 for 100-120k. The 300 would be 150 k+ new stock. Add the usual performance parts and your over 170k. Unless your desperate for more performance go a modded 250 and save 70k. Or use some of that for a 300 kit for the 250.

A new 300 will possibly have some different body panels and looks etc but don't expect any performance upgrade suspension, frame or weight wise.

Honda have thrown a huge amount of money at this engine , trying to sort out the reliability problems , so i cant see them releasing another model using the same engine.It has been changed so much , it became a "300". Point of intrest , the real capacity of this engine is closer to a 275 cc . Performance upgrades could be made , or simply buy a Kawasaki KLX , and go for a real 300 cc big bore kit.

You can easily get the 300cc Bore kit and upgrade it to a 300 right now. Many have done it already!

Remember it is a CBR 250 motor in a Dual Sport frame. Mechanically it's a Honda CBR 250 motor.

Edited by Manny

has the 250L already been discontinued or did i just dream that?

Yes, the CRF 250 engine does not meet the new Euro 4 emission requirements. http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2016/january/mcn-plus---emissions-impossible-what-euro-4-really-means/

I talked to a dealer in Oslo a few weeks back and they will not sell CRF 250 next year. But they did mention 250 Rally as a possibility, but did not know anything yet..

• 2 months later...