Two Passports, Get 6months?

hi there, i have a german and a us passport and am wondering, can i enter the country on one passport, do my 90 days, leave the country and then re-enter with my other passport and get another 90 days? so I could stay 6 months, rather than just 90 days within any 180 day period?

do they check exist/entry stamps?

please help...

thanks

I

That was one of my first reactions to the 3 x 30 day restriction but I think it has been given the kybosh elsewhere in these fora.

Basically the computer database would highlight two different passports with identical names and personal details, a most unlikely scenario.

hi there, i have a german and a us passport and am wondering, can i enter the country on one passport, do my 90 days, leave the country and then re-enter with my other passport and get another 90 days? so I could stay 6 months, rather than just 90 days within any 180 day period?

please help...

thanks

I

To do each of your "90 days" you will have to leave the country 2 times anyway. Why don't you just get a multi entry Tourist visa in one of the passports that will allow you to stay 60 days (plus 30 extension) each time. In six months you would only need to leave once. :o

TH

Two passports, can you get 6 months? Possibly more - it depends on the judge.

:o:D :D

Quite so

Why?

It is not illegal to have two different nationalities and thus passports issued by two diffrent countries.

Holding two passports is not illegal but....

You get an entry and exit stamp when you visit a country.

Your number 1 passport will be stamped with a Thai exit stamp and 'other' entry stamp.

Now you want to exit 'other' on your number 2 passport - how did you get into the country? No entry stamp.

Exit with No 1, entry with No 2 - how did you get out of the country with no exit stamp?

There are so many scenarios here to go into.

As Visarunner said in # 6, you have to fly in and out.

Arrive and leave, of course, each country on the same p/port.

Let's say, arrive on the German one, and leave after nearly 3x30 days. Return by air on the US-passport and stay for another 3x30 days.

Immigration computer might or might not catch up on this, but we are talking about two different nationalities.

I would not do it, with 2 different p/ports issued by the same country.

:o:D :D

Quite so

Why?

It is not illegal to have two different nationalities and thus passports issued by two diffrent countries.

Exit with No 1, entry with No 2 - how did you get out of the country with no exit stamp?

depends on the country you go to some dont stamp your passport for citizens (like the UK for example)

please help...

thanks

I

It's ok to use 2 passports. Just make sure you exit on the same one you came in on. As far as I know, most of the land border posts are not computerized, so it would be a good idea to arrive and leave that way.

please help...

thanks

I

Might be OK to use two passports coming in and out of Thailand but when you leave thailand on 'passport one' where will you go to because you will be wanting to enter that country on 'passport one' and leave on 'passport two', with no entry stamp for that country in 'passport two'. That would be a problem.

It won't work at a land crossing, you have to swap passports in no-mans-land and Thai immigration will want to see an exit stamp from the other country.

It will probably work at airports, until the computer system makes the connection between the two passports, which may take a few hundred milliseconds or a month or two.

BUT, why bother, as the Good Doctor says, a double entry tourist visa (readily obtainable in either of your home countries) will do the trick and with only one border run.

It won't work at a land crossing, you have to swap passports in no-mans-land and Thai immigration will want to see an exit stamp from the other country.

It will probably work at airports, until the computer system makes the connection between the two passports, which may take a few hundred milliseconds or a month or two.

BUT, why bother, as the Good Doctor says, a double entry tourist visa (readily obtainable in either of your home countries) will do the trick and with only one border run.

Sometimes the easy way is the best way LOL :o

another stand up comedian. get some laxative

Thanks for the compliment but I don't need laxatives

It's called "brain constipation", hence lax

the man asked straight question - how to do with 2 pass, I think for fun - there separate section on TV. if you have something to say regarding the subj- pls do so, my finger hurt scrolling though trollings.

Edited by Oleg_Rus

Might be OK to use two passports coming in and out of Thailand but when you leave thailand on 'passport one' where will you go to because you will be wanting to enter that country on 'passport one' and leave on 'passport two', with no entry stamp for that country in 'passport two'. That would be a problem.

As said, landcrossings is a different story from arrival by air.

You leave Thailand on the same p/port as you had entered and arrive in another country by air showing the second p/port. Flying back to Thailand you thn can use the second one.

Still the computer might pick up the first one and show your previous stay. I said 'might'.

You leave Thailand on the same p/port as you had entered and arrive in another country by air showing the second p/port. Flying back to Thailand you thn can use the second one.

Still the computer might pick up the first one and show your previous stay. I said 'might'.

Thats OK first time round but the second time you would be leaving on the second passport and arriving on the first one, only the first passport will have an exit stamp dated some three months earlier. That would show a long, long flight.

true. also, lets say you left LOS, so there's exit stamp +entry stamp to another country, which you should "stay" for another 90days, while you're entering LOS.... kinda wierd, but most of working girls from ***stan are living exactly this way.

What to do with computers? nothing. Mr Jones from Somali left LOS and Dr Jones from Oz'land just arrived. Who cares, as long as your name is not one of Stalin, Bush, KissenMirTuchas'ov and few others - there should be no probs.

Fingerprint identifications and comparing aross points of entry of LOS? Good one, I love it !!! :-)

Thats OK first time round but the second time you would be leaving on the second passport and arriving on the first one, only the first passport will have an exit stamp dated some three months earlier. That would show a long, long flight.

No, that would be ok, it shows that you return after 3 months.

Oleg, you are right, the man asked a straight question. I gave him a straight but humourous reply. Due to the current visa climate, it may be unwise to try.

Yep, indeed. we should understand the pitiness of this situation - he's not just an american, but also german citizen, and even worse - newbe at TV forum. Having 2 passports reminds me a story on another forum, where another bloke compained about having dualo-fallo. He even asked for advise how to use such a wonder and where to stick it. I guess exactly the same answer goes for both contestants, right ?

Welcome to TV, nice try!

Oleg, you are right, the man asked a straight question. I gave him a straight but humourous reply. Due to the current visa climate, it may be unwise to try.

Yep, indeed. we should understand the pitiness of this situation - he's not just an american, but also german citizen, and even worse - newbe at TV forum. Having 2 passports reminds me a story on another forum, where another bloke compained about having dualo-fallo. He even asked for advise how to use such a wonder and where to stick it. I guess exactly the same answer goes for both contestants, right ?

Welcome to TV, nice try!

Oleg you are in need of a sence of humour.i've been told there is a special on them at 7/11.

just whip down there and ask for a "longwate".you should be fine after that. :o