20km Chase After Two Men Transporting Ice Break Through Police Checkpoint

webfact

Story by Albert Jack

pat.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 11pm on the night of July 10 a police patrol, along with volunteers, set up road checkpoint on North Pattaya Sai 3, M. 5 Naklua.

Shortly afterwards they signaled a red Honda Wave motorbike to pull over for a document check and search.

However, the rider, eighteen-year old Permsap Butra-sa, avoided officers, accelerated and escaped down the road. Traffic cops then chased the bike for twenty miles around the city before finally blocking them in front of Namchai Home Electric in Central Pattaya.

But still the rider failed to stop and crashed into two police volunteers, injuring one of them. Butra-sa, and his nineteen-year old passenger, Chakkrit Um-Paicha, were then detained.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/227089/20km-chase-after-2-men-transporting-ice-break-through-police-checkpoint/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-07-11

The teenage suspects have both denied the drugs belonged to them and insist they know nothing about it.

Sure, they just did this stunt because they forgot their helmets and the brake light was broken cheesy.gif

Edited by KhunBENQ

How on earth can two teenagers on a Honda Wave take the Pattaya City police on a 20km chase (in a built up city)??

Surely 2 or 3 guys equipped with radios and bikes should be able to apprehend them within no time....

Traffic cops then chased the bike for twenty miles

20km or was it 20 miles? Big difference...

I noticed that discrepancy too. I wouldn't be surprised if it was neither!!

The standard of reporting from this source is quite frankly average at best.

Yea... I'm innocent so I run from the police...

You consider the RTP as actual police?

Man oh man.

Anyway, it must be true as the Thai 'police' have declared it as such, and would never present a pack of drugs saying that it was thrown there by a suspect.

How on earth can two teenagers on a Honda Wave take the Pattaya City police on a 20km chase (in a built up city)??

Surely 2 or 3 guys equipped with radios and bikes should be able to apprehend them within no time....

Because the BIB are here can be compared to the ole "Keystone Cops" in the early movies.I do think that Benny Hill used their actions in his sketches or maybe the BIB here copied Benny Hill .