Aerosmith's Perry hospitalized after becoming ill at NY show

webfact

Aerosmith's Perry hospitalized after becoming ill at NY show

NEW YORK (AP) — Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry has been taken to a hospital after he was forced to leave the stage while performing in New York City.

Perry became ill around 9:30 p.m. Sunday while performing with Johnny Depp and Alice Cooper in his side band, the Hollywood Vampires, at Ford Amphitheater in Brooklyn's Coney Island.

An administrator at Coney Island Hospital confirmed the 65-year-old Perry is undergoing tests.

Hollywood Vampires record label rep Sujata Murthy says Perry is "stable and resting." Cooper also tweeted "our brother" Perry is stable and with family.

A video posted by a fan on social media shows Perry sitting down on stage and then walking off in the middle of a song.

The band continued playing after Perry left the stage.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-07-11

For most people, somewhere in their teens or 20's, music sort of fixates. There is a connection between youthful exuberance, angst, and probably a fair amount of hormones that we never really grow entirely out of. Those songs and the people that play them are a part of our intimate life experience. If we loved them then, we probably still love them. Seeing them perform takes back to a warm, familiar place.

There were a lot of musicians I enjoyed, but they never did and never will provoke the same level of emotion as those of my youth.

Aerosmith wasn't one that titillated my senses, but I won't put down the music and the joy they brought to many.

I hope he has a full and speedy recovery.

Aerosmith wasn't one that titillated my senses

Me either. I would put them in the one hit wonder category - maybe 1 1/2 - but best luck to him anyway.

Some would disagree.

From Wikipedia

Aerosmith is the best-selling American hard rock band of all time, having sold more than 150 million records worldwide, including over 70 million records in the United States alone.[21][22] With 25 gold albums, 18 platinum albums, and 12 multi-platinum albums, they hold the record for the most total certifications by an American group and are tied for the most multi-platinum albums by an American group. The band has scored 21Top 40 hits on the Billboard Hot 100, nine number-one Mainstream Rock hits, four Grammy Awards, six American Music Awards, and ten MTV Video Music Awards. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001, and were included among both Rolling Stone's and VH1's lists of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.[23] In 2013, the band's principal songwriters, Tyler and Perry, were inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.

For most people, somewhere in their teens or 20's, music sort of fixates. There is a connection between youthful exuberance, angst, and probably a fair amount of hormones that we never really grow entirely out of. Those songs and the people that play them are a part of our intimate life experience. If we loved them then, we probably still love them. Seeing them perform takes back to a warm, familiar place.

There were a lot of musicians I enjoyed, but they never did and never will provoke the same level of emotion as those of my youth.

Aerosmith wasn't one that titillated my senses, but I won't put down the music and the joy they brought to many.

I hope he has a full and speedy recovery.

I sort of agree with you.

The problem with mainly listening to the music of our youth is that it becomes a comfort blanket of cloying nostalgia. Also a lot of music I listened to at the time because it was deemed as being 'cool' is now, upon sober reflection, just plain awful.

I wish Joe Perry well, though I'm not a big fan of Aerosmith's music. Good live band though.

Also a lot of music I listened to at the time because it was deemed as being 'cool' is now, upon sober reflection, just plain awful.

Other than one or two songs - I didn't even like Aerosmith much back then. I was still a Beatles and Stones freak and they did not compare. Frankly, I'm astonished at the Wikipedia piece above. I had no idea they were so successful.

Also a lot of music I listened to at the time because it was deemed as being 'cool' is now, upon sober reflection, just plain awful.

Other than one or two songs - I didn't even like Aerosmith much back then. I was still a Beatles and Stones freak and they did not compare. Frankly, I'm astonished at the Wikipedia piece above. I had no idea they were so successful.
I think their success was relatively localised.