"Grandfather" abducts and rapes 11 year old girl on trip to Chiang Mai

webfact

"Grandfather" abducts and rapes 11 year old girl on trip to Chiang Mai

s4p.jpg

Image: Saook

CHIANG MAI: -- A 57 year old man abducted and raped an eleven year old girl that he took on a trip to Chiang Mai.

He told police that they loved each other but that her parents had stood in their way, reported Sanook.

Anan, 57, had been a construction worker in Bangkok but returned to live with his older sister in Uthai and there had grown close to her granddaughter named only as "Prae, 11. She had called him grandfather.

Both his sister and the girl's parents had warned him to stay away from Prae but on July 3rd they disappeared and the girls mother Khanitha (no surname supplied) reported her missing to Uthai police.

Police tracked down Anan and Prae to a rented room in Chiang Mai and brought them back to Uthai.

Anan told police that he had invited Prae to go with him to Chiang Maiso he could look for work. They had left on a motorcycle taxi and caught a bus on the Asia Highway. He admitted that he had had sex with Prae from July 4th to July 8th when police arrived to arrest him. He told police that it was a case of forbidden love.

He has been charged with statutory rape of a girl under 15 andabduction of a minor.

Source: Saook

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-11

Why not kidnapping charges? I also blame fully the parents/family for not properly dealing with the GF and protecting the child. You just don't tell a kid or a mentally sick person to stay away when a family member who has power/influence over a child and that is that. My guess he has shown weird behavior probably on numerous times and that is how the parents deal with it? Stay away from so and so. What about other children who he came into contact? Turn a blind eye...

It's on them and is that the girl in the picture? So they bring the child in the presence of the suspect so she is again living the trauma and stress of her experiences.

So unprofessional by the police and stupidity by the family if in fact that is the child in the photo....

The child's future is not so bright under present circumstances - protective services should have been/should be called in ..I really question the character/common sense/intelligence of the family....

I wonder how long and when the abuse started? And other victims?

CB

He told police that it was a case of forbidden love....I call it kidnapping a minor

and rape,you will have plenty of time for forbidden love when you are behind bars,

you sick bastard.

regards Worgeordie

I take it that phantom is not talking about criminal behavior but the environment and atmosphere of Thai culture that allows crime/incidents/bad behavior to blossom and fester...

Lack of safeguards enforcement punishment anticipation of bad behavior, lack of prevention and awareness, corrective action lack of problem -solving, etc...

Same things happen over and over again w/o intervention...

Edited by cardinalblue

It's quite possibly cultural. You could argue that, it's a better argument than dismissing it out of hand. For example, let's argue it this way....language is definitely part of a society's culture and the written Thai languages are quite unique because they are all but completely a phonetic transcription of the spoken languages (with only a very few exceptions). Chinese, Korean, Japanese languages, and English, have a written language that is geared toward reading and writing, example, using English, we don't write the precise vowel sound... but they do in Thai... and painstakingly so.... we merely give a hint at what it might be and we use the schwa sound in the unstressed syllables to make it easier to recognize the morpheme, even though it serves no purpose for speaking and listening. And if you live in a culture that doesn't enjoy reading books, which is just as strangely unique (ahem) even if you limit your comparision just to East Asia in general, it's not hard to draw connecting dots between all sorts of generalized behavior patterns and a lack of literacy.... which anywhere else is most folks #1 or #2 favorite pastime.... but not in Thailand. No, I think the comment by the earlier gentleman that this could be cultural is supportable. And just what are Thai culture's favorite pastimes? can ya think of any? does it include reading?

Edited by maewang99

Why not kidnapping charges? I also blame fully the parents/family for not properly dealing with the GF and protecting the child. You just don't tell a kid or a mentally sick person to stay away when a family member who has power/influence over a child and that is that. My guess he has shown weird behavior probably on numerous times and that is how the parents deal with it? Stay away from so and so. What about other children who he came into contact? Turn a blind eye...

It's on them and is that the girl in the picture? So they bring the child in the presence of the suspect so she is again living the trauma and stress of her experiences.

So unprofessional by the police and stupidity by the family if in fact that is the child in the photo....

The child's future is not so bright under present circumstances - protective services should have been/should be called in ..I really question the character/common sense/intelligence of the family....

I wonder how long and when the abuse started? And other victims?

CB

Sounds simple when you put it like that but these things are not always cut & dried. Maybe they thought he was a bit creepy & told her to steer clear of him. How did he persuade her to go with him? Doesn't seem force was used. Also the relative sophistication of the family is another issue and unknown quantity. Always easy to be judge & Jury at a distance. It was probably more complicated than we think. Perhaps she was complicit or partly so at the beginning. Edited by The Deerhunter

Culture in general and this includes arts-crafts-kitsch-literature-music, national characteristic mentality, nationally accepted behaviour, nationally accepted values, traditions, general understanding of the world and geopolitical and geographic views, idea and technology transfer and migration, all are part of any national understanding and standards of average educated individual claiming to be.

What you hear in all cases of committed crime is that self-interest/benefit is an excuse in their understanding as leniency. Suffering and pity of another person is like an alien concept. Those criminals shows antisocial - psychopathic behaviour, however, they understand that their own gratification/fulfillment of needs are an excuse and an explanation. This type of behaviour is not exactly this same anywhere else, so it must be part of Thai culture. Blaming on victims for whatever the reason might be and explanation with emphasis on themselves as a point of reference. Total lack of sympathy.

Am I wrong?

The horror of it all is that there is a global culture of child molestation. Recent estimates put the number of paedophiles in the population at about 20% - that's more kiddy fiddlers than gay folks to put it in context.

This isn't a Thai problem; it's a universal issue.

Rape of children is horrendous but there are no easy ways to stop offenders and it is revolting to suggest that this is a uniquely Thai problem.

Recent estimates put the number of paedophiles in the population at about 20% - that's more kiddy fiddlers than gay folks to put it in context.

How many are kiddy fiddling gays?

Edited by nottocus

Favorite pastime? Drinking alcohol - #6 in the world for volume consumed....scary stuff and the root of many problems in this culture...

Why I am critical of this particular incident is that the parents recognized the GF was not right in the head and warned him and the child...yet took no action so they allowed it to happen...it doesn't matter what the child thinks or does b/c she doesn't have the cognitive abilities to recognize or sense the dangers of humanity....

Very similar to the case two weeks ago with the maintenance man who was recognized as not right in thehead and the father warned his ex wife to be aware of him.... Not good enough..it's just matter of time...he kills their daughter...

Trrrible cases when you recognize and sense danger but does nothing substantial to remove or reduce the problem...always after the fact and the damage is done....

Same with the government not telling and warning the neighbors of that convicted rapist killing that young teacher in the room next to his....

And should we discuss the findings/results of the killing of those 17 hill tribe school girls? The building was very old so it was unpreventable....

Due diligence and accountability are so lacking individually and collectively here

Recent estimates put the number of paedophiles in the population at about 20% - that's more kiddy fiddlers than gay folks to put it in context.

And your motive for asking this question is what, precisely?

they loved each other but that her parents had stood in their way

Dang parents...not agreeing to allow grand-paw to bonk their 11 year old daughter...

I still maintain that the entire Thai population should be required to take a psychological evaluation...

They then could divide the country in half...send all those that fail south to live among the psychos of the caliphate...

There are certain aspects of Thai culture that I just cannot get my head around sad.png

Ridiculous! calling this Thai culture, No it isn't!

This sort of thing has been going on in Thai villages for many years.It's just that now the occasional case makes the headlines.

Maybe I am living too long in Thailand.
But is this not a little bit cynical?

Almost everywhere in Thailand, it is custom that when a girl/woman have children, the girl/woman go work somewhere and the children stay with the elderly.
The elderly of the child (grandparents, nephews, aunts, etc.) "take care" of the child and the girl/woman send every month a part of her income to feed the elderly and the child.

In the 18 years that I have been living in Thailand, I have read many times in the newspapers or on the TV that a member of the family raped the child or sold the child for s.. (forbidden to write about that in ThaiVisa.

I even witnessed myself the sale of the "flower" of a young girl to the highest bidder.

Now, where almost everybody has a camera in his pocket and access to the Internet, more such stories comes to the surface.

HELLUVA, if you give a child to the elders, you are asking for trouble.
Just like feeding a snake.
Most of these elder people still have need for sex and giving them a young girl/boy is waiting for a rape to happen.

Yes, this "grandfather" abducted raped his own 11 year old girl and should be given the death penalty.
But think how many cases like this happens in a daily base and never get reported.

He told police that it was a case of forbidden love....I call it kidnapping a minor

and rape,you will have plenty of time for forbidden love when you are behind bars,

you sick bastard.

regards Worgeordie

What is the little girls story ?

It's quite possibly cultural. You could argue that, it's a better argument than dismissing it out of hand. For example, let's argue it this way....language is definitely part of a society's culture and the written Thai languages are quite unique because they are all but completely a phonetic transcription of the spoken languages (with only a very few exceptions). Chinese, Korean, Japanese languages, and English, have a written language that is geared toward reading and writing, example, using English, we don't write the precise vowel sound... but they do in Thai... and painstakingly so.... we merely give a hint at what it might be and we use the schwa sound in the unstressed syllables to make it easier to recognize the morpheme, even though it serves no purpose for speaking and listening. And if you live in a culture that doesn't enjoy reading books, which is just as strangely unique (ahem) even if you limit your comparision just to East Asia in general, it's not hard to draw connecting dots between all sorts of generalized behavior patterns and a lack of literacy.... which anywhere else is most folks #1 or #2 favorite pastime.... but not in Thailand. No, I think the comment by the earlier gentleman that this could be cultural is supportable. And just what are Thai culture's favorite pastimes? can ya think of any? does it include reading?

So paedophilia's ok then because of the garbled nonsense above?

There are certain aspects of Thai culture that I just cannot get my head around sad.png

Ridiculous! calling this Thai culture, No it isn't!

This sort of thing has been going on in Thai villages for many years.It's just that now the occasional case makes the headlines.

This is the exact source of most of the prostitution in Thailand,sadly probably where this little girl will end up sooner or later!