I feel like I'm making a mistake...Single Non-O based on marriage

I feel like I'm doing this wrong,,, I getting ready to get a income letter from the american embassy in Bkk and I have a feeling that I dont need to go to Savanaket Laos to get my single entry Non-O (marriage). I am currently on a tourist visa which was extended 30 days and will expire on the 20th. I have everything paperwork wise that would/could possibly be required.

Why cant I go to immigration here in BKK (like I believe I did 3 years ago) and get my 90 day single entry NON-O there?

I have my wifes book, ID, birth record, name change paper work... all coppied & signed

I have my daughters birth record, passports all copied and sign/unsigned(by my wife)

But my wife stayed in Nakhon Sawan...this might be the stopper.

Thanks!!!

You are to late to apply for a change to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry. You must have at least 15 days remaining on your entry to apply.

Also in order to apply for it your wife would need to be with you and it now requires 2 trips to immigration in Bangkok 15 days apart to get the visa/entry stamp.

Here are the requirements to apply show on Bangkok immigration website.

DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED IN SUPPORT OF THE APPLICATION FOR PROVIDING SUPPORT TO OR BEING A DEPENDANT OF A THAI CITIZEN OR PERSON HAVING RESIDENCY IN THAILAND (SPOUSE VISA) (NON-O)
  1. In case of overstaying in Thailand, application could not be submitted.
  2. 1.1 Form TM.86 for the foreigner, who has Tourist and Transit Visa and applies for Visa Status Alteration and applies for non-immigrant visa; or
    1.2 Form TM.87 for the foreigner, who enters into Thailand without visa, but is allowed to stay in Thailand with a permit of stay for a period of 15 day, 30 days, 90 days and applies for non-immigrant visa.
  3. .A copy of passport pages of the Applicant (for example, personal information page, last entries stamp, visa sticker and extension stamp (if any) and departure card (Form TM.6))
  4. Either one 4x6 cm photograph or one 2 inch size photograph
  5. Application fee of Baht 2,000
  6. 5.1 In case of a Thai citizen, please show: A copy national ID card, a copy of house registration papers and a copy of employee’s or government officer’s ID card;or
    5.2 In case of a foreigner with a permit to reside in Thailand or a person who has become a Thai naturalized citizen, please show: residency certificate, alien registration certificate, work permit, a copy of passport and house registration and a copy of documents showing Thai naturalization.
  7. 6.1 In case of marriage registered in Thailand, please show:
    - - 6.1.1 Marriage certificate (Form Kor Ror.2)
    - - 6.1.2 Marriage certificate (Form Kor Ror.3)
    - - 6.1.3 A copy of letter certifying marital status before registration of marriage or a copy of letter certifying that the applicant is single (In absence of such letter, a copy thereof can be obtained from the District Office where the marriage was registered.)*or
    6.2 In case of marriage registered in foreign country, please show:
    Family status registration (Form Kor Ror.22) and marriage certificate registered in overseas country
    6.3 A letter from a government office, embassy or consulate, certifying that the applicant is a member of the referred family*
    *(Documents under 6.1.3, 6.2 and 6.3 must be translated into Thai or English and certified by local or overseas Embassy or Consulate of the foreigner and by the Legalization Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand) (For more information, please call 0-2575-1056-9)
  8. If husband is foreigner, the following evidence of income must be submitted.
    7.1 A guarantee letter from the local or overseas Embassy or Consulate, proving the monthly pension of the Applicant not less than Baht 40,000* per month; or
    7.2 A guarantee letter in Thai language from the commercial bank in Thailand (Attention: Immigration Commissioner) and a copy of all entries of the applicant’s passbook showing that the applicant has a saving or fixed deposit account of not less than Baht 400,000*
    (Documents under 7.1and 7.2 must be issued and updated to be the same date of the Application and all documents must be in the Applicant’s name.)
  9. If husband is of Thai nationality, a certificate of employment must be submitted (certified by the head of his department not more than one month).
  10. Approximately 4 photographs of wedding ceremony or family pictures
Remarks 1. In filing the application, both husband and wife must appear in persons every time.
2. The Applicant must sign to certify on every page of the Applicant’s documents.
3. To be convenient and for speedy service, the Applicant for visa or visa status alteration must arrange and submit a complete set of documents in proper order and must prepare the originals as proof
  • Like 1

Thanks again Joe,

I will go to Savanakette tomorrow via the all night bus out of Mo-chit. Hopefully I have everything...

I will let you know what happens.

Ed

We are all holding our breath :) Good Luck. Remember that there will always be something. Stay cool, and calm.

• Like 1

1. If husband is foreigner, the following evidence of income must be submitted.

7.1 A guarantee letter from the local or overseas Embassy or Consulate, proving the monthly pension of the Applicant not less than Baht 40,000* per month; or

7.2 A guarantee letter in Thai language from the commercial bank in Thailand (Attention: Immigration Commissioner) and a copy of all entries of the applicant’s passbook showing that the applicant has a saving or fixed deposit account of not less than Baht 400,000*

(Documents under 7.1and 7.2 must be issued and updated to be the same date of the Application and all documents must be in the Applicant’s name.)

(Documents under 7.1and 7.2 must be issued and updated to be the same date of the Application and all documents must be in the Applicant’s name.

I thought that maximum 3 days old also is accepted for the guarentee letter. (Embassy or bank)

How do you do that on the same day with a guarantee letter from an overseas Embassy or Consulate ?

(Documents under 7.1and 7.2 must be issued and updated to be the same date of the Application and all documents must be in the Applicant’s name.

I thought that maximum 3 days old also is accepted for the guarentee letter. (Embassy or bank)

How do you do that on the same day with a guarantee letter from an overseas Embassy or Consulate ?

The 7.1 reference is an error. A income letter can be up to 6 months old.

Bangkok immigration will accept a letter from the bank issued the day before the application but the bank book must be updated on the date of application.

The 7.1 reference is an error. A income letter can be up to 6 months old.

Bangkok immigration will accept a letter from the bank issued the day before the application but the bank book must be updated on the date of application.

Makes sense