Tires--MAXXIS and DEESTONE

thainet

Hi there.

My pickup has Bridgestone tires I and need a new set soon.

Thinking of either MAXXIS or DEESTONE brands which apparently are very good quality and half the price of the bigger brands.

Would appreciate any comments (good and bad) about these brands.

Thanks in advance.

Maxxis are made in Thailand (taiwan company - I think) and avoid any import duties.

I have used their heavy duty (AT) tires in various forms on my pick ups......they have been fine. I replaced a set of Goodrich ATs with some Maxxis and I preferred the Maxxis - they were a softer compound and gave a softer ride but still performed well off-road - my Goodriches were 11k and the Maxxis were about 4.6 k - so even the shorter lifespan I can forgive.

• Like 1

Maxxis are made in Thailand (taiwan company - I think) and avoid any import duties.

I have used their heavy duty (AT) tires in various forms on my pick ups......they have been fine. I replaced a set of Goodrich ATs with some Maxxis and I preferred the Maxxis - they were a softer compound and gave a softer ride but still performed well off-road - my Goodriches were 11k and the Maxxis were about 4.6 k - so even the shorter lifespan I can forgive.

Excellent info--thank you

No experience with the Maxxis, but (IMHO) if you want an all terrain tyre check out the Yokohama Geolander AT2.

6900baht for 265/65/R17s, I've got over 60K on a set and there is still more than half the tread left. They have gone a little harder now but thats only recent.

The original Dunlops which were on the truck were awful in the wet with a lot less km than the current Geolanders.

• 1 year later...