Expat Survey: Was widely shared across social media and Thaivisa, say company

webfact

"But Thaivisa management said that is precisely what they did and that this was the reason so many people responded –"

Management considers 884 people "so many". Laughable, completely laughable.

It's not even 1% of your total membership.

Come on guys. Simply admit you dropped the ball and f-ed up and quit trying to make a rose out of a pile of sxxt.

Edited by Rayk

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect there may be 884 people working for TV Forums cheesy.gif

Probably why they need another thread to defend their own convictions.. wai2.gif

----

Just make another proper survey and mail it to every member = easy...

Any survey, which result states Deliriously happy, must be Delusional at best whistling.gif

Edited by CantSpell

And who was the winner for the free trip?

They will announce the lucky winner by drawing a name from a hat.

How 80's is that.

Are they using a Sombrero? What kind of a hat holds 884 names?

Goes to show just how small the participation was when they only need a hat to draw the winners name.

Hey. I made it into the news. Awesome....

It looks like myself and the other person mentioned may have a class action here.

Using my name in a public publication without written consent.

Any thoughts anyone.

I think we should have a survey to see how many did not see the survey.

"It looks like myself and the other person mentioned may have a class action here."

No. Read the forum rules when it comes to membership.

so few filled it out maybe cos of the prize- a weekend in Pattaya blink.png I mean how bad can a prize get, and who won it anyway?

If a few posters filled it out, why have none of them come forward?

844 who filled out this survey, you would have though a few of them would have noticed this thread.

But none ....... so they don't exist ..... and the whole thing is fake.

when one see a survey coming from some troll site, and something called surveymonkey is a weird name only a spam site could come with - I give a wide berth...

...unless it is an actual Thread within the TV site

I never saw a survey thread like this, so, did I miss it in my notifications??

so few filled it out maybe cos of the prize- a weekend in Pattaya blink.png I mean how bad can a prize get, and who won it anyway?

Ooh, that was it? I happen to live in Pattaya, what would be the extra value of a weekend in Pattaya for me?

Thaivisa has hit back after claims were made by forum members

Was there a war officially declared between ThaiVisa and some of its members, or was there a clandestine, unprovoked attack similar to The Day Of Infamy? I missed that. Over a survey advertised in the newsletter? I missed that, too.

Being the diplomatic guy that I am, I offer a Thai cultural solution to this drama: It was all due to a misunderstanding. No need to explain. No need to analyze. No need to expend efforts. Both sides: Misunderstanding. Period.

Don't misunderstand my post as being serious...

Some people take the internet a little too seriously. It's a survey on a naff website, not a case of electoral fraud.

In your mind, does that make dishonesty acceptable?

Don't ask, bikersoi posts near everyday on a 'naff' website............rolleyes.gif

Nearly everyday?

social media? what social media? certainly not face book! could it be thai social media where almost no foreigners go? this story is a sham! and you will never convince me otherwise, let's see who the winner is and if he is associated with Thai Visa! looks like thai visa and or who ever takes credit for the story has some rational explaining to do! otherwise your creditiability is shot!

Thaivisa has hit back after claims were made by forum members

Was there a war officially declared between ThaiVisa and some of its members, or was there a clandestine, unprovoked attack similar to The Day Of Infamy? I missed that. Over a survey advertised in the newsletter? I missed that, too.

Being the diplomatic guy that I am, I offer a Thai cultural solution to this drama: It was all due to a misunderstanding. No need to explain. No need to analyze. No need to expend efforts. Both sides: Misunderstanding. Period.

Don't misunderstand my post as being serious...

I can offer a much easier answer.

Both topics disappear off the face of the internet, never to be mentioned again.

844 who filled out this survey, you would have though a few of them would have noticed this thread.

I saw it MissAndry and I filled it out.

Did your browser have a problem at the time and inadvertently post your completed survey 800+ times?

I readthai visa EVERTDAY! I watch Thai Visa TV on youm tubve all the time! I have NEVER seen a survey or an invitation to fill out a survey. I think fairfield blew this one! Thai Visa your creditability is shot! you should never try to put one over on your viewers/readers thats just so flimsy..what social media? face book? I think not!

Did your browser have a problem at the time and inadvertently post your completed survey 800+ times?

The "Enter" key on my keyboard got stuck at the time but I didn't think anything about it. smile.png

"But Thaivisa management said that is precisely what they did and that this was the reason so many people responded –"

Management considers 884 people "so many". Laughable, completely laughable.

It's not even 1% of your total membership.

Yeah but they count the thousands they banned still and those who left that could not get their log ins deleted, so 884 might be about right laugh.png

Ooh, that was it? I happen to live in Pattaya, what would be the extra value of a weekend in Pattaya for me?

Yes, be careful, you are at risk, could become deliriously happy

I actually talked to a guy I know about an hour ago and he said he filled out some survey awhile ago on TV but doesn't remember what it was about but did remember that the prize was 2 nights in Pattaya. He has since been banned from Thai Visa.

He is curious to know if that makes him ineligible to win the prize?

So apparently TV did hide some survey somewhere unbeknownst to most members so I do apologize for making the claim that TV hand chose its participants.

But what I won't apologize for is the sneaky, low level way they went about.

Show your members a little respect and show yourself a lot of dignity.

Edited by Rayk

I recall seeing and completing the survey.

I do not recall seeing a question asking me if I am 'deliriously happy', or a question which gave 'deliriously happy as one of the options. If I'm wrong then perhaps someone can show me where I completed the survey in such a way as to give anyone the right to say that, based on my response, I am or am not 'deliriously happy'.

If not then this posting and the previous posting of the conclusions are unprofessional or disrespectful of the members' opinions at best, and arguably deceptive at worst. Personally, I don't care very much, but I would be interested to know who interpreted the results, and perhaps to have a look at the raw data myself.

Pigs might fly, but they probably won't.

The advent of new management was and still is an opportunity for some of the previous (what in my perception were) sharp practices to have been transformed into good business practice, something which I still hope will happen - along with some of the (widely perceived to be partisan and/or bullying) approaches of some of the unpaid staff. Members are not dogs to be kicked when the opportunity arises, they are the life-blood of the business. TV has more disgruntled members and past members than it should have and the attitudes which caused that need to change.

Increasing advertising revenues will flow more or less automatically from a reputation for straight dealing and professionalism. As will more positive responses from members - and the business is clearly built on active members more than anything else.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

Hey. I made it into the news. Awesome....

Who is Rayk and what survey?
He was a complete nobody up until about 3 hours ago.

He will be a complete nobody again real soon.

Sincerely

Rayk

Edited by Rayk