Prosecutor backtracks on bringing red bull heir to court

snoop1130

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamesbrock alluded to seppuku...and wished it applied in Thailand.

A whiff of ceremonial belly slitting is pretty much what the situation calls for.

And those being required to atone for their misdeeds/omissions...would form quite a queue.

Honto.

The magical effects of Malaysian flogging should not be forgotten either.

Harsh??

Yes, but necessary, along with imprisonment for those who rain dirt upon the country and it's put-upon population

Jamesbrock alluded to seppuku...and wished it applied in Thailand.

A whiff of ceremonial belly slitting is pretty much what the situation calls for.

And those being required to atone for their misdeeds/omissions...would form quite a queue.

Honto.

The magical effects of Malaysian flogging should not be forgotten either.

Harsh??

Yes, but necessary, along with imprisonment for those who rain dirt upon the country and it's put-upon population

I am not, by nature, lawless. And I do not normally advocate a departure from law-abiding behaviour. But I believe that Thailand is beyond redemption, It is a failed state in which the rule of law has been subverted to support the ruling class by which I mean the wealthy class. The ruling classes in Thailand have learned well from the example of one man, and I believe it will take at least two generations for Thailand to reverse the iniquities overseen by the Thai ruling classes, and that would give them way too much time to white-and the process of reform and maintain the status quo. Given this, I reluctantly believe that the only approach in Thailand is to knock it down and start again. The only mechanism by which this is likely to happen is a Civil War and a very long line of running classes carefully stood up against the wall and shot.

Commencing with all soldiers and officers who supported this coup d'état government.

Harsh certainly, but I do not see an alternative that would work. Every democracy has been hard-won and the winning has usually if not always involved bloodshed. There is abundant evidence that where feudal ruling classes exist, they do not willingly relinquish their privilege. A dog does not give up a bone voluntarily, it must be taken from it and if the dog bite, as it has frequently in Thailand, then the dog must be put down.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

Money talks all over the world get over it. The cops family will no doubt be compensated big time.

Does it really affect you that much if so get a shrink

Exactly.

Forgotten, the Blue diamond affair. Duanchalerm. The Koh Tao murders.

This is life here, accept it, shut up or leave.

Never pinned you as one of the "shut up and leave mob"

You were active in the post about prostitution in Thailand and didn't seem to accept that.

Anyway, everyone has opinions, just because the individual may not be able to do much doesn't mean they can't voice it. Social media and technology makes exposure mush easier and if enough people do kick off about things like this is can promote change, over time. Or at the very least make people think twice in the future abut what they can get away with.

Thai people are doubtless kicking off about this as well, and the more that do the better in my opinion, if we are living here (either working or retired) nothing wrong with voicing our opinions too.

To whom was that drivel directed at???

He quoted Johnniey, that should be a massive clue ;)

I'm curious whether Thai police are as loyal to each other as Americans are. In the US he would have likely met with torture and death at the hands of police brethren as he "resisted" arrest, or perhaps after his conviction a sentence of life imprisonment, where loyal and sadistic prison guards would make his remaining years hell on earth, and with a young face like that he would be satisfying the "needs" of the inmates until his teeth rotted from syphilis and his bowels fell out of his sphincter. That's how it is on our prisons. . Maybe the police are so corrupt that they don't mind pocketing a few million baht in condolences. Anyone know about this? perhaps the police ARE outraged, but silenced by the well paid politicians and courts.

Funny how proposing arrest against the rich and prominent causes memory loss and extreme slowness.

A lot like in our so called civilized western countries...... just tiny bit more blatant ?!?!?

Don't think so. Of course it would be silly to say that there is "never" any corruption, but it cannot be so obvious, it has to be well hidden. However the guilty are brought to justice no matter how big the bank balance, there are countless examples of such.

Funny how proposing arrest against the rich and prominent causes memory loss and extreme slowness.

A lot like in our so called civilized western countries...... just tiny bit more blatant ?!?!?

Don't think so. Of course it would be silly to say that there is "never" any corruption, but it cannot be so obvious, it has to be well hidden. However the guilty are brought to justice no matter how big the bank balance, there are countless examples of such.

Well, all the smoke and outrage aside, this guy is going to go free without punishment. Because Thailand is a corrupt 3rd-world country managed by corrupt 3rd-world people. Has been for decades/centuries, and the people who are wealthy as a consequence of being completely corrupt are not going to allow it to be stopped, whatever smoke the little general blows up his own backside, and whatever masturbatory fantasies he harbours that he will be well-remembered by the Thai people for all his 'good' work.

As someone else commented, this guy is a classic example of 'short man' syndrome (aka Napoleon complex/syndrome), along with his dopey, podgy mate. He will do nothing about corruption in Thailand for the simple reason that he has accumulated unusual wealth, which in the absence of any explanation, and recognising he's in the Thai Armed Forces, must be assumed to have been corruptly acquired.

The corruption and skimming off the top starts very high up the tree and permeates down throughout the Thai culture and society as Thais have quickly learned from the examples set by people at the top of the tree.

Get used to it folks, something drastic will have to happen before it stops.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

Last I remember they couldn't determine where the little jerk redbull perpetrator is. Is he in Thailand or not? Maybe he fled and the gov't is too embarrassed by its pathetic self to admit it.

Last I remember they couldn't determine where the little jerk redbull perpetrator is. Is he in Thailand or not? Maybe he fled and the gov't is too embarrassed by its pathetic self to admit it.

I'm told he's in Thailand and is on the untouchable list, so police will see him but will act as though he's the invisible man. Like Chalerm and his family.

He eventually paid the right price it seems.

Somebody should find him and deal with him in my opinion. He;s an arrogant and worthless but filthy rich young hi-so wastrel. He shouldn't be too hard to find, and by rights, there should be no safe place in Thailand for him to hide.

With the failure of state justice, vigilante justice will rise, and this little sh|t is right ts the front of that queue. Thailand is a failed state and non-government justice is a feature of all failed states.

But don't look to the 'Royal' Thai Police for any action beyond setting the price and accepting brown bags stuffed with money.

Winnie.

Edited by Winniedapu

Most people forget that the police and prosecutors are often between a rock and a hard place. Influential people use the carrot/stick approach to get their way here.

It seems like most people only look at the carrot, bribe. The more sinister way to sway the outcome is using the stick. That can be a simple threat or the use of one of the thousand hit men that are available in Thailand for a few thousand Baht.

Personally I would not like to work in law enforcement here as life is cheap and you will often find yourself between a rock and a hard place even if you are a good cop, as I believe most are.

If you do your job you risk the stick. If you don’t do your job and take the carrot you get the stick from your boss. If you just ignore everything and hope it goes away you will still get the stick from someone.

Shitty loose/loose situation in many cases for a very poor reward, not a job I would like to have.