Concrete Blocks

shaunmiller

You don't say where you are but have you tried taking the photo to your local concrete shops?

If you ask around you may find a shop that will make them for you.

i live in kanchanaburi, have taken them to a few builders yard to no success... was hoping someone had seen them somewhere... thanks though

You don't say where you are but have you tried taking the photo to your local concrete shops?

If you ask around you may find a shop that will make them for you.

i live in kanchanaburi, have taken them to a few builders yard to no success... was hoping someone had seen them somewhere... thanks though

I know of 2 manufacturers you can buy them in siracha,although thats a long way from kanchanaburi.They have them in different sizes and are of good quality,not like the regular ones which you can break with bare hands.If you intrested pm me and I will send you the location details.

The style of block shown (the one on top) are usually used when a wall is a load bearing wall; that's why its so stout. If you are going to build with a post and beam arrangement like most Thai houses then using these blocks for infill will be unnecessary and costly.

To each his own when it comes to decisions on construction materials, but I'm wondering what your reasoning is behind using this type of block.

Chownah

The style of block shown (the one on top) are usually used when a wall is a load bearing wall; that's why its so stout. If you are going to build with a post and beam arrangement like most Thai houses then using these blocks for infill will be unnecessary and costly.

To each his own when it comes to decisions on construction materials, but I'm wondering what your reasoning is behind using this type of block.

Chownah

hi there, well i think the normal blocks are just not sufficient i don,t mean for weight, i just like thick walls not small 4 inch exterior and interior walls... in the uk the block seen is used for any walls not just for load bearing we use lintells or beams for them...thanks

I can't imagine why you haven't found a supplier for these breeze blocks. They're a common building item.

Ask your neighbours or wife for the Thai name then ask where they bought theirs from.

The ones I bought in the past came from one of those building supply shops that sold everything from trowels, shovels to sand and gravel.

I can't imagine why you haven't found a supplier for these breeze blocks. They're a common building item.

Ask your neighbours or wife for the Thai name then ask where they bought theirs from.

The ones I bought in the past came from one of those building supply shops that sold everything from trowels, shovels to sand and gravel.

i have tried everywhere here and they only have the 3inch ones and they say that i can only get from bangkok.... thanks shaun

Chownah, any ideas where i can get these blocks please as cost is not a factor, thank you for your help...shaun

the block you show in the picture were last time I checked,about 1,5 year ago,14 baht in siracha.Though I think they are to big for a house they had a slightly smaller size,think about 14 cm,at a price of 11 baht at that time.

Shaunmiller,

I don't know where to get them. You might check out a website called coolthaihouse where they have alot of information on building materials in Thailand.

In the event that you are unable to get them at an affordable price you could consider building a six or eight inch solid concrete wall and add some steel if you want it even stronger....or if you want better insulative qualities you could build a double wall with ties and put insulation in the cavity. I think I would consider the double wall with ties before the large block because it would probably give better insulative value....but of course everyone has their own ideas and preferences.

I built a workshop and used the thin blocks but I built a reinforced concrete beam (x-sec: 10cm verticle by 20cm horizontal)into the walls that ran just under the bottom of the windows (90 cm from the floor) which made a structurally substantial wall and it also made a nice litttle shelf along the wall.

Here's the link:

http://www.coolthaihouse.com/

Chownah

Edited by chownah

• 4 years later...

The 7 cm blocks are depending on area and manufacturer somewhere between 3.5 and 4.5 baht a piece . The price of the bigger blocks is unknown to me but a guess somewhere in the area of 13 to 20 baht ( it is a guess !! ) .