Immigration on the roundup for illegal workers

bbi1

So anyway, back on topic......kind of:

I would think that most people(not me personally, I like my drugs) would see drug dealers of any race more harmful than other people working in a "legal" job without a work permit, so it is a bit strange that they would crack down on that when illegal activities by people who also don't have work permits operate so openly and seemingly with impunity.

Anyway, where exactly are these guys? I might have to check it out myself to ensure the comments here are accurate......

Your remarks are very troubling to me, I am a fully legal teacher in Thailand, and I am a African.... not all Africans in Thailand are drug dealers.

I find that the Thai police singling out African's only very racist indeed, as I would think there are more illegal whites in Thailand than there are blacks.

He said 'those African drug dealers on lower Sukhumvit'... not 'Africans' or 'all Africans in Thailand'.

He just stated he was teaching legally.

He never denied being a drug dealer as well though.

Gentlemen

As long as the relevant Thai authorities always make it rather difficult to get a work permit here in Thailand there will always be tens of thousands of people working under the radar.

Rather than spend all the time and effort and money involved rounding up all the illegal workers, the government entities should simplify the procedures for obtaining a work permit...and simple enough.

But we all know that will not happen while the clever Thai people in charge would rather sustain the Status Quo and then expect the police to go about enforcing the labor laws and criminalize people for actually finding a job and contributing something to Thai society rather than come here and end up being beggars and scam artists and drug dealers and pimps etc, etc .....and fall further under the radar...which all too many do because it is difficult to get permission to work legally....so they do it illegally or do something further illegal.

Furthermore, maintaining the status quo creates more of this thing called corruption that we all talk about and probably a big part of why the people in charge are loathe to change anything because it has evolved into a very lucrative position to be in and a means to generate notable sums of money........although under the table..... as usual.

Next they will announce they are going to build a wall...a big wall, along the Thai / Burmese border.....and might as well include the Thai / Cambodian border also.

Cheers

I used to work as a security officer in the airport, 95% of passengers of African decent causes troubles, they don't adhere or follow the rules or laws, it s not because of black skin because they were native American Indians or Tibetans and other races who had black skin, they were always problems with people of African decent, the black Asians don't cause much troubles, then it was always the same repetitive story racism, no it s not, it s simply you people makes a lot of troubles.

these offenses were always caused by Africans (Passport forgeries, Drugs, scams, lies on forms, fights with other passengers, discourtesies), I am sorry but the good remaining minority of 5% must pay the price of what the majority 95% are doing, finally we had to recruit an African colleague who used to WARN THEM in harsh language to report anything illegal, before we put them in a shameful situation, we had no choice.

Edited by marcofunny

Legal African teacher in Thailand?

Sir, allow me to buy you a drink.

Thank you for your kind offer, but my religion doesn't allow me to drink alcohol

Yes I am fully legal, with a work permit, and pay my taxes in full, which I might add, without going off topic, appear to be quite high at 28% of my gross.

sounds like a troll to me, if you are not happy to be here ,,, then look at all the other options available to legal teachers, many countries require GOOD teachers, and maybe the taxes in those countries would suit you??

Legal African teacher in Thailand?

Sir, allow me to buy you a drink.

Thank you for your kind offer, but my religion doesn't allow me to drink alcohol

Yes I am fully legal, with a work permit, and pay my taxes in full, which I might add, without going off topic, appear to be quite high at 28% of my gross.

sounds like a troll to me, if you are not happy to be here ,,, then look at all the other options available to legal teachers, many countries require GOOD teachers, and maybe the taxes in those countries would suit you??

Could I suggest you sound like someone who is not a native English speaker either, as I made no mention of not being happy in Thailand in any of my posts, I merely commented that the taxation rate appeared a bit high, related to the relatively low gross circa GBP 31,000 p.a.

for example in the UK on this sort of money, one would be paying around 20% tax on this amount

I used to work as a security officer in the airport, 95% of passengers of African decent causes troubles, they don't adhere or follow the rules or laws, it s not because of black skin because they were native American Indians or Tibetans and other races who had black skin, they were always problems with people of African decent, the black Asians don't cause much troubles, then it was always the same repetitive story racism, no it s not, it s simply you people makes a lot of troubles.

these offenses were always caused by Africans (Passport forgeries, Drugs, scams, lies on forms, fights with other passengers, discourtesies), I am sorry but the good remaining minority of 5% must pay the price of what the majority 95% are doing, finally we had to recruit an African colleague who used to WARN THEM in harsh language to report anything illegal, before we put them in a shameful situation, we had no choice.

So you worked as a security guard at one of the airports in Bangkok or some other place in Thailand ?...how exiting.

But seeing as you insist on making this a about race, I will pose the same question I asked in an earlier comment.

If one reads the news in Thailand, It appears there are far more white criminals arrested in Thailand, than black ones, if 95% of blacks, (its ok you can use that term) are the ones that cause the trouble, how come statistically how come 95% of the arrests on the news in Thailand are not black people ?...

its seems to me based on the news at least 95% of the foreigners arrested in Thailand are white people, seems to me you are trying to push a racist agenda, by stereotyping as did another poster, suggesting 95% of the problems caused by foreigners in Thailand are caused by blacks.

So you worked as a security guard at one of the airports in Bangkok or some other place in Thailand ?...how exiting.

But seeing as you insist on making this a about race, I will pose the same question I asked in an earlier comment.

If one reads the news in Thailand, It appears there are far more white criminals arrested in Thailand, than black ones, if 95% of blacks, (its ok you can use that term) are the ones that cause the trouble, how come statistically how come 95% of the arrests on the news in Thailand are not black people ?...

its seems to me based on the news at least 95% of the foreigners arrested in Thailand are white people, seems to me you are trying to push a racist agenda, by stereotyping as did another poster, suggesting 95% of the problems caused by foreigners in Thailand are caused by blacks.

There are criminals of every race and religion, none are better than the other.

But your "stat" is pretty meaningless unless you are referring to crimes per capita(which would mean you are saying 95% of white people are criminals). Unless you think there are the exact same amount of black and white people in Thailand?

I don't have the exact figures, but just by looking around I would guess that not to be the case.

how come statistically how come 95% of the arrests on the news in Thailand are not black people ?...

I mean even if your "stats" are accurate you are basically saying every black person in Thailand is a criminal.......I doubt there would be more than 5% of the total population residing in Thailand that are black, so if 5% of criminals are black that is pretty much all of them.

Do you think black people make up more than 5% of the population(or even just travellers) in Thailand?

Personally, I think you are being a bit racist....NOT ALL BLACK PEOPLE ARE CRIMINALS......no matter how you make up stats.

You did say "arrested". What about all the ones that are freely allowed to sell drugs all along Sukhumvit & other areas while the law enforcers turn a blind eye to them? ;) Or the ones running their numerous other scams that's going on on the internet or in person?

You did say "arrested". What about all the ones that are freely allowed to sell drugs all along Sukhumvit & other areas while the law enforcers turn a blind eye to them? wink.png Or the ones running their numerous other scams that's going on on the internet or in person?

Arrest data is all we can go on, everything else is just speculation and perception including your suggestions, unless of course you are giving us first hand knowledge and direct experience of being involved in these drug transactions and being involved in running "scams" internet or otherwise..then that makes you a white criminal

no it was in Europe, Please do not use the term black again, because I already wrote it, that it s not because of skin color, the racism against Africans is attitude and behavior racism, my firm have done an experiment where a white actor wore African clothes and tainted his skin black and guess what ?? no racism experienced, my firm resorted to hire African officers to deal with this problem.

Edited by marcofunny

I don't know why Africans love to use the term black, btw they are other races who are not black and they are discriminated everywhere because of special behavior, it s the Roma Gypsies, just to prove to you that discrimination NEVER comes from skin color.

Edited by marcofunny

no it was in Europe and not in Thailand, Please do not use the term black again, because I already wrote that it s not because of skin color, the racism against Africans is attitude and behavior racism, my frim have done an experiment where a white actor wore African clothes and tainted his skin black

and guess what ?? no racism experienced, my firm resorted to hire African officers to deal with this problem.

I must apologize up front for my next remarks, but I believe your are lying as regards the "experiment" you refer to in the company your worked for, especially as it was carried out in Europe, and would be very illegal to do something like this in the more enlightened European countries...

if there was no racism experienced during this so called "experiment" then why did your firm have to resort to hiring African "officers" to deal with the problem ?, per the conclusions of your experiment and your own words there was "no racism experienced"

I am African so what is wrong with my attitude and behavior ?...or is it because I am African and how dare I question a European, therefore this infers I have a "bad attitude" and bad behavior ?

Nowhere in my post did I suggest there may or may not be problems with African drug dealers on lower Sukhumvit

I don't believe I have ever been to lower Sukhumvit to see for myself what the actual situation is, however I was informed by a colleague that lower Sukhumvit was the area were there are lots of Thai prostitutes and bars frequented by western expatiate men, who drink in bars and pay for the prostitutes company given I do not partake in drinking alcohol, and have no interest in engaging in sexual activities with prostitutes, I cant see any reason for me to visit such an area

so I am guessing you must be pretty familiar with that area given the fact you stated categorically there are problems within that area ?

Did your colleague also inform you that that area was where there are also lots of African prostitutes and bars frequented by African men who take the money that the African pros earn (and frequently steal from their clients)?

I am pretty familiar with that area also. It has some very high-end residences and hotels as well as many normal social facilities. Just because one is familiar with an area known, for example, for African drug dealers, pimps and prostitutes, it does not mean that one partakes of those unsavoury undesirable's services as you are suggesting in your holier-than-thou comment.

Please don't misunderstand me I have no problem with a person if they choose to frequent those areas and make use of prostitutes, irrespective if the prostitutes are Thai, African or from any other country fore that matter.

its just not for me that's all..

if that's how you choose to spend your life and spend your money, who am I to judge ?

in my remarks I was relating the information a colleague had told me that's all, so please don't get so defensive

For someone who claims to be a "fully legal teacher" holding a degree, your reading and comprehension ability leaves a lot to be desired.

I am African so what is wrong with my attitude and behavior ?...or is it because I am African and how dare I question a European, therefore this infers I have a "bad attitude" and bad behavior ?

the blackface experiment proved that people don't discriminate because of skin color but rather behaviors,we had to hire African officers because each time another officer tried to talk to them and reminded them to respect laws and order, the answer was always racism, then when an African officer talked to them they obeyed willingly without uttering a word, I realized that it s tougher to deal with the women then the men.

Common problems encountered when dealing with Africans

1. Brawling with their family members or other passengers (very very common scene).
  2. Africans mothers leaving their kids unattended causing mayhem and disturbance among other guests.
  3. Cooking inside the hotel room of the airport.
  4. Large group of men gathering and talking loudly, sometimes harassing other passengers.
  5. Refusing to declare accurately all items in the luggage.
  6. Drugs (especially Nigerians ).
  7. Passport and Visa forgeries(especially east Africans lending their passport to other family members).

below a Japanese woman black-faced.

post-75536-0-81866300-1468480482_thumb.j

Edited by marcofunny

the blackface experiment proved that people don't discriminate because of skin color but rather behaviors,we had to hire African officers because each time another officer tried to talk to them and reminded them to respect laws and order, the answer was always racism, then when an African officer talked to them they obeyed willingly without uttering a word, I realized that it s tougher to deal with the women then the men.

Common problems encountered when dealing with Africans

1. Brawling with their family members or other passengers (very very common scene).
  2. Africans mothers leaving their kids unattended causing mayhem and disturbance among other guests.
  3. Cooking inside the hotel room of the airport.
  4. Large group of men gathering and talking loudly, sometimes harassing other passengers.
  5. Refusing to declare accurately all items in the luggage.
  6. Drugs (especially Nigerians ).
  7. Passport and Visa forgeries(especially east Africans lending their passport to other family members).

I fit into that entire list and I am white as a ghost

Untold white illegals in Thailand

They're being rounded up in droves.

The cops should head to the serviced offices around Asoke and Thonglor. Loads of white wideboys running boiler room scams.

Lots of white guys here on overstay, some for years. https://www.stickboybangkok.com/news/british-keyboard-warrior-arrested-pattaya/

The dealers around lower Sukhumvit are a pain but almost all of their customers are crusty white lowlifes.

1. Drugs (especially Nigerians ).
  2. Passport and Visa forgeries(especially east Africans lending their passport to other family members).

I fit into that entire list and I am white as a ghost

we are discussing about the majority, of course they are trouble makers from other races too, one medical theory that explains this behavior is the High Testosterone production level among the African genes, According to some researchers, the higher the testosterone level, the more likely men are to participate in risk-taking behavior (sexual, injury risk, and even criminal activity).

high Testosterone makes you more moody, increases your strength and muscle mass, thus explains why most successful athletes are Africans.

Edited by marcofunny

They were going into shops & seeing if people were working in jobs foreigners aren't allowed to work in & work permits apparently. Yeah, those Africans they would probably need to follow them and see them actually do a drug deal to bust them for working illegally.

Your remarks are very troubling to me, I am a fully legal teacher in Thailand, and I am a African.... not all Africans in Thailand are drug dealers.

I find that the Thai police singling out African's only very racist indeed, as I would think there are more illegal whites in Thailand than there are blacks.

Oh dear, these Blacks are very sensitive aren't they?

As sensitive as the whites??

I don't think so

Won't take you 5 minutes to find a thread in these forums in which some white idiot is crying "racism" a the top of his voice like a self-important brat about being singled out for traffic fines, overcharging, poor service or onerous immigration rules on the grounds of his white skin.

<snip>

Edited by Jai Dee
flame comment removed