Thieving Ladyboys Are Back in Pattaya. 150,000 Baht Necklace Nicked from Chinese Tourist

webfact

i am afraid the poor tourist left his simple safety

precaution rules before going for a 3.00 walk.

flashing your valuables is recipe for inviting snatch

thefts.

these lady boys are supreme artists at targeting, distracting

and striking. sure they disappear fast following a successful

hunt.

"flashing his valuables"

I dont think he had his plums out.

Does everyone realise how much everyone at home would laugh if you gave them the following piece of advice on a trip to Thailand:

"Watch out for those gangs of ladyboys!"giggle.gif

this is insurance scam, kind of popular among the Chinese, a friend of mine traveled almost free using this scam, burned his own car to get compensation from the insurance company, in Russia the claimants share the proceeds with the criminals.

simple the claimant buys a very thick gold plated chain worth around 5,000 with exaggerated value on fake invoice, walk around and got robbed and reclaim and make profits.

Thank god there is someone here who knows exactly what happened and is able to give us the real story so that we don't have to speculate.

Edited by gdgbb

3am? Beach Rd? Necklace worth over $4k US? Which of his friends was wearing the "I'm with stupid" t-shirt?

Nice to accuse the victim for being stupid instead of accusing the chain snatcher..yes u are so bright probzbly u been a decade in Pattaya seen it all know everything about ladyboys and chainsnatchers...How should this chines know that he probably was walking with his chain for years in china and never a problem what does this tourist know about Pattaya and ladyboys in comparison what u know???

Priceless.

3am? Beach Rd? Necklace worth over $4k US? Which of his friends was wearing the "I'm with stupid" t-shirt?

Nice to accuse the victim for being stupid instead of accusing the chain snatcher..yes u are so bright probzbly u been a decade in Pattaya seen it all know everything about ladyboys and chainsnatchers...How should this chines know that he probably was walking with his chain for years in china and never a problem what does this tourist know about Pattaya and ladyboys in comparison what u know???
Where's the need to even TRAVEL with it in the 1st place, much less flaunt in as notorious a place as Pattaya. At 3am?? Please. No excusing the ladyboys who should be rounded up & coralled as someone else suggested, but you hardly need to be a Conde Nast lifetime subscriber to have some simple situational awareness. Yet, as still someone else has suggested maybe the whole thing's an insurance scam and the "victim" will have the last laugh, courtesy of RTP's failure to deal with the LB problem.

I wonder what would happen to the "Pattaya Image" if insurance companies started listing Pattaya as sn "exclusion" to their coverage for loss...

Edited by hawker9000

Albert Jack called it correctly: a man in a frock ( also a criminal, a gang member, a nasty piece of work...but political correctness requires everyone to be empathetic with this 'woman trapped in a man's body'). I'm not anti transgender and often see them working diligently in banks, restaurants, coffee shops but these thuggy ones should be rounded up and put in a prison camp.

My sentiments exactly, forget the neck-lace, shoulda put him in a neck-brace!

Stupid is as stupid does.

Why do you want to insult a victim? Would you like I insulted you for what happened to you in the past?

I'm sure the tourist had nowhere in his travel brochure written that beach road is full of thieving lady boys.

We all know that they are there, and so must the police, so why don't they have continuous patrols there at night, because then it wouldn't happen that often.

So I take it that you are mistaken and the stupid comment was, apart from at yourself, directed at the police.

Edited by Berty100

A tourist strolling down Beach Road at 3 AM in the morning with a 150.000 worth necklace may as well run around with the words: "PERFECT VICTIM" tattooed to his forehead.

this has got to be another one for the JACKANORY SCRAP BOOKcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Lol, i think hes lying haha. my brother had a 5k usd goldchain that was 420g and a scorpion that weighted 85g. I weared it 30min and then it hurt my bones and shoulders. This was 20 years ago when he did good business. Ofc no one is stupid to wear something in Thailand or even China.

• 2 weeks later...

All that's needed is a handful of strategically placed, well-maintained CCTVs along the problem stretches of Beach Rd, with monitors & recorders at the watch desk in the Soi 9 police station. 'Clean it up in a week. Would the miscreants simply move to wherever the cameras aren't? They can't really. Their operating areas are where the victims and foot traffic are.