Why I always wear a helmet

You really don't get it do you, helmet wearing is part of the equation it does not always save lives along with the so called protective clothing.

Training is not an assumption in my book it's a fact that save motorcyclists lives, l for one without my training my chances of posting here today would be an assumption. laugh.png

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

qed? no, mate!

funny, in a sad way, somehow, but.

i do personally know 2 people who'd be a lot better off if they had died as a result of head injuries rather than stay alive - in their own opinion!

staying alive with spinal dis - connection but your head all good?

not for me!

i do enjoy driving my scooter without all the armour that i am made to wear in 'civilised' countries.

i much rather be dead than paralyzed.

i used to ride my moped in germany in the 70's barefoot and helmet - less and drunk, big time...

it was some of the best times i had in my life..

if we all were civilized and reasonable, this planet would have a much larger over - population issue to deal with...

let's die having fun rather than be connected to some tubes in your local hospital!

too lazy to search for the picture, but when I got off my scooter at the speed of about 50 km/h three years ago my full face helmet certainly saved my life. Didn't help for my leg which I effed up completely, but I made it. The helmet didn't.

• 2 weeks later...

Good post,, and happy to hear no permanent injury, interesting to hear the one who's helmet was so quiet he didn't hear a siren though,,, I've 3 Schuberth helmets sitting here at home although only alternate between 2 as other one is too tight fit for my head and from the reviews I read leading up to my purchases these helmets are amongst the quietest on the market,,, but in saying that I am certain I'd hear a siren from an emergency vehicle,,, additionally one aspect that's overlooked but not solely due to choice of helmet is our hearing,,, even with using these schuberth helmets and decent plugs I'm finding my hearing levels have taken a big hit,, this in my opinion is due to a combination of speed and upright seating posture causing wind noise around the helmet,, but ok this is for another topic,, anyway decent approved helmet and don't forget wear the plugs too as if your hearing goes it ain't ever coming back

qed? no, mate!

funny, in a sad way, somehow, but.

i do personally know 2 people who'd be a lot better off if they had died as a result of head injuries rather than stay alive - in their own opinion!

staying alive with spinal dis - connection but your head all good?

not for me!

i do enjoy driving my scooter without all the armour that i am made to wear in 'civilised' countries.

i much rather be dead than paralyzed.

i used to ride my moped in germany in the 70's barefoot and helmet - less and drunk, big time...

it was some of the best times i had in my life..

if we all were civilized and reasonable, this planet would have a much larger over - population issue to deal with...

let's die having fun rather than be connected to some tubes in your local hospital!

...and the award for the most facile post of the thread must go............