Armed youths seize a drug suspect from police in Ayutthaya

webfact

Armed youths seize a drug suspect from police in Ayutthaya

AYUTTHAYA: -- A large group of armed youths seized a drug suspect from a police force after she was arrested at a community near a temple in Ayutthaya province on Wednesday.

About 30 youths, many of them armed with knives, laid siege to a group of nine policemen led by Pol Lt Wirote Opaswattana, after they arrested Ms Joy Tomeechalerm together with some methamphetamine tablets and about 9,000 baht in cash in Wat Takrai community in Tambon Klong Sabua.

The youths smashed a police car and managed to seize Ms Joy from the police who were outnumbered.

Police reinforcements were later rushed to the community to rescue their colleagues who escaped unhurt. They arrested some of the youths and Ms Joy’s brother, 48-year old Somchai, who was suspected of instigating the youths to seize the suspect who remains at large.

Police later said that they would seek court warrants for the youths who were involved in the siege and seizure of the suspect.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/172440-2/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-07-14

I don't get it. Have the police gone soft? Nine cops to 30 yobbos is nowt when all cops have guns and are 'trained'. Pow pow half a dozen of them (legs preferably, head mai pen rai) and, as said, the others will scatter like headless chickens. Alright, perhaps it happened fast and they were overwhelmed, but at least get some shots off. Methinks they quaked due to lack of ballsitis. Imagine cops getting rushed in the States? There'd be multiple deaths and perp would still be in custody.

They were armed with knives, so what the police are armed with guns.

Easy to fix the problem shoot one in the leg ( injure not kill).

The others will soon leg it, problem solved.

It is very possible not all of them were armed, never the less they could have handled the situation better by the sound of it

The youths effort was futile. They will get rounded up and the girl will be brought back.

What I wonder about what will the punishment be to the youths to deter this kind of actions. Will they do any thing to deter this kind of behavior in the future

remember when i said that the youth have had it?

give em enough ya ba and suppression and shake vigorously. .

Noone can defend themselves against corruption and the evil policemen who ENFORCE laws.

policemen love taking young female "dek wen" and do unspeakable things.

All i see in this article is LOYALTY. something i NEVER see among thais.

they have been watching thai tv and soap operas all their lives. THeir moral compass is all quacked out. And now they are going against the grain. These black sheeps will grow.

But unlike other countries who have the means of selfe defense, thais will have to get creative.

I would suggest using a repeated phrase in HRM the Kings yearly royal speech. "every Thai must think and act for themselves."

dabble in the consequences later.

maybe there were policemens/hi-so kids involved, would make a good reason not to shoot at them, lets see if any of these "kids" are charged or simply get a slap on the wrist like usual.

The police had guns, I assume, so they must've had their reasons for showing restraint. What they might've been I can only speculate.

I can only assume that they must have had a knife to one of the policemen's throat or something while the 'rescue' was taking place.

Still, it seems to disprove the theory that bringing a knife to a (potential) gunfight is not always one-sided in favour of the gun...................wink.png

Edited by chrisinth

maybe there were policemens/hi-so kids involved, would make a good reason not to shoot at them, lets see if any of these "kids" are charged or simply get a slap on the wrist like usual.

My thoughts exactly, probably BIB's kids were spotted in the crowd, if hiso - they would have been detained as there is potential lunch boxes to be had wink wink ..

Why does a famous newspaper claim that there were 100 police and army involved in the arrest of the lady who later escaped?

The 100 police and army went back today to get the brother and others. They weren't involved in the initial arrest yesterday.

They were armed with knives, so what the police are armed with guns.

Easy to fix the problem shoot one in the leg ( injure not kill).

The others will soon leg it, problem solved.

Thailand! One of the few places on earth where

you can enter a gun fight with a knife and win biggrin.png

Amazing Thailand

I don't get it. Have the police gone soft? Nine cops to 30 yobbos is nowt when all cops have guns and are 'trained'. Pow pow half a dozen of them (legs preferably, head mai pen rai) and, as said, the others will scatter like headless chickens. Alright, perhaps it happened fast and they were overwhelmed, but at least get some shots off. Methinks they quaked due to lack of ballsitis. Imagine cops getting rushed in the States? There'd be multiple deaths and perp would still be in custody.

Cowardice seems to be a hallmark of Thai men...any real threat at all, and they retreat...and you're so right about the US police...bodies would have been in the morgue or hospital...