HOLIDAY BIKE HORROR British tourist killed in moped crash while celebrating Christmas in Thailand

webfact

HOLIDAY BIKE HORROR British tourist killed in moped crash while celebrating Christmas in Thailand on dream break
Lee Mullen, 45, was not wearing a helmet when he ploughed into a lamppost on Christmas Eve
BY FELIX ALLEN

fo.jpg
Lee Mullen died in a moped crash while on a three month holiday in Thailand/ Facebook

LONDON: -- A BRITISH tourist was killed in a moped crash while celebrating Christmas in Thailand, an inquest heard.

Construction worker Lee Mullen, 45 – who was not wearing a helmet – suffered fatal head injuries when he ploughed into a lamppost on Christmas Eve.

A group of his friends who had been attending a party at a nearby bar heard the smash and ran over to help – only to discover the victim was Mr Mullen. It is thought he died at the scene.

Mr Mullen, from Hattersley, Greater Manchester, died at Nong Kae in the country’s Hua Hin district a month after arriving in Thailand for a three month holiday.

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1437155/british-tourist-killed-in-moped-crash-while-celebrating-christmas-in-thailand-on-dream-break/

-- The SUN 2016-07-14

R.I.P. why was the silly man not wearing a helmet.

All the people you see day in day out not wearing helmets, crazy people.

As most members know i had a serious motorbike accident.

Yes it left me a paraplegic, but still alive.

The only part of my body not injured was my head because i was wearing a helmet.

Wear a helmet always and be safe.

Well he was probably drinking which led to his accident in the first place. If you drink and rive, you won't survive forever. Who knows if the helmet really would have made much of a difference. Most Thai helmets are rubbish anyways.

It is july, not even thinking about Christmas. I guess news reporters are getting bored after the brexit polls.

The inquest is being held now. Seems like old news unless you picked up on that bit of information, so perhaps the reporters aren't bored, just reporting current events??

It is july, not even thinking about Christmas. I guess news reporters are getting bored after the brexit polls.

The inquest is being held now. Seems like old news unless you picked up on that bit of information, so perhaps the reporters aren't bored, just reporting current events??

Some members complain when there is no follow up to a story but when there actually is a follow up ..... smile.png

Some members complain when there is no follow up to a story but when there actually is a follow up ..... smile.png

So the devastating and astonishing revelation in the "follow up" to "Man killed in motorcycle accident while not wearing helmet" is "Man really was killed in motorcycle accident while not wearing helmet"?

Usual incisive and informative "journalism" from Britains favourite childrens comic.

The 'everyone rides them without a helmet' mentality.

Us UK teens in the 60' mostly never wore a crash hat, in fact it only came compulsory in 1973...

In the 60's ?? There were only a few thousand bikes in the whole country. In Thailand there are 28,000,000 +

Well he was probably drinking which led to his accident in the first place. If you drink and rive, you won't survive forever. Who knows if the helmet really would have made much of a difference. Most Thai helmets are rubbish anyways.

There are quite a few good helmets. the real brand is quite good and not too expensive. I always wear a helmet even on short rides. You might be right that the guy was drinking, but you can't be sure. But if it was a one sided crash.. then its quite likely.

R.I.P. why was the silly man not wearing a helmet.

All the people you see day in day out not wearing helmets, crazy people.

As most members know i had a serious motorbike accident.

Yes it left me a paraplegic, but still alive.

The only part of my body not injured was my head because i was wearing a helmet.

Wear a helmet always and be safe.

From your profile photo, you've continued to make an outstanding life, despite adversity...great strength of character...Take care and continued happiness.

...condolences to his family.......

.....but generalities ....and racial stereotyping.......do not do a life justice.....

...a little too predictable about 'why' or 'how' in so many of these 'accidents' involving nobody else but foreigners....themselves..........

....never a consideration that another vehicle might have been involved....

...like so many deaths in hotel rooms......

....'no sign of struggle or another person involved'.....

He doesn't look like a tourist, and the bike doesn't look like a scooter.

But I'm sure all the facts have been checked and are accurate.

Well he certainly doesn't look like an indigenous local either, so perhaps you would like to share with us the secret of your mystical powers that enable you to discern whether some one is a tourist or an expat just by looking at a photo of them sat on a motorbike?

Maybe at the same time you could also point out where it said that the motorcycle he was sat on posing for the photo was actually the machine that he was riding when he crashed?

Kind of ironic that you make a sarcastic comment about being 'sure that all the facts have been checked and are accurate' whilst at the same time jumping to your own conclusions and unfounded assumptions....

Well he certainly doesn't look like an indigenous local either, so perhaps you would like to share with us the secret of your mystical powers that enable you to discern whether some one is a tourist or an expat

The British newspapers say he was here to stay with his Thai girlfriend for 3 months. Which doesn't seem like a tourist activity, or a holiday.

If you read it properly you will see that this is the report of the inquest into the mans death, which has just been released.

why would anyone conduct an inquest ?

who pays for that?

Well he certainly doesn't look like an indigenous local either, so perhaps you would like to share with us the secret of your mystical powers that enable you to discern whether some one is a tourist or an expat

The British newspapers say he was here to stay with his Thai girlfriend for 3 months. Which doesn't seem like a tourist activity, or a holiday.

Perhaps not in your small minded view - the dictionaries though would seem to disagree with you, with the general consensus being that a tourist is 'one who visits a different country to the one they normally live in, for the purpose of pleasure or holiday'. Which pretty much aligns with visiting a gf in another country for 3 months.

I see that you disingenuously cropped my quote to duck my question. You originally said 'he doesn't look like a tourist' no mention of what you had read elsewhere... So what does a tourist 'look' like?

Has the author of this article gone into a time slip because Christmas is in December and yes it is in December every year which could be coincidental I am not sure. This month is July so there are 7 months since Christmas.

Could it be the writer is very, very slow at writing?

...here is why we have ALL read about Lee Mullen---we've done the exact stupid thing that Lee attempted---he got caught. We did not. Simple as that. Yes, yes, garnish it will all the homilies and warnings. As humans, we all great at "woulda-coulda-shoulda." But did we? No---of course not! Hindsight is always 20/20.

Holidays? Alcohol? Change of pace? Thai ladies? No work! Hanging with your mates? Out of the crappy UK weather---at age 45?

Lee Mullen had much of life before him. He was getting into a good groove, loved by his family and mates.

The guy knew how to tell a joke ---as well as a long tale of utter rubbish.

He is an Everyman we have met in Pattaya. Someone you could borrow a fag from, enjoy a Chang watching the ebb and flow of the ladies. Is not People Watching the absolute best in the Kingdom?

The sad story is this---we all miss you Lee. You left the party too soon.

Archived