HOLIDAY BIKE HORROR British tourist killed in moped crash while celebrating Christmas in Thailand

webfact

The 'everyone rides them without a helmet' mentality.

Us UK teens in the 60' mostly never wore a crash hat, in fact it only came compulsory in 1973...

Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see the benefits of wearing one whether it’s compulsory or not.

Wearing a condom isn’t compulsory but the majority of people still choose to do so.

The 'everyone rides them without a helmet' mentality.

Us UK teens in the 60' mostly never wore a crash hat, in fact it only came compulsory in 1973...

I passed my motorbike test on a Lambretta Ld 150 scooter back in early 1963. I was in the RAF at that time and they quite wisely stated that if you rode a motorbike or a scooter, in order for you to ride it on the base, you had to wear a helmet.

No helmet, meant no bike on the base, and most airfields were out in the middle of nowhere, so you wore a helmet.

a motorbike, aka scooter, seems like such a non-threatening toy for the most part. I wonder if that is why I see so many farang riding them in flip-flops, shorts and a tangtop with no helmet...and often after drinking some booze.

Sortof like they are on bicycles.

Still a terrible shame since he looks like a real decent sort.

Aren't these motorbike fatalities the most common cause of death for farang?

Or is it falling off balconies?

Has the author of this article gone into a time slip because Christmas is in December and yes it is in December every year which could be coincidental I am not sure. This month is July so there are 7 months since Christmas.

Could it be the writer is very, very slow at writing?

Could it be your so slow you were unable to read that it was a report about the inquest. Amazing how inability to properly read makes ppl look like idiots.

Archived