Thailand more trustworthy than the US - but lags behind UK, report from Boston says

webfact

Thailand more trustworthy than the US - but lags behind UK, report from Boston says

s3p.jpg

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A major survey of the most reputable countries on Earth has place Thailand above the United States. But the kingdom lags some way behind the United Kingdom in the world rankings of trustworthiness.

But the bad news for Thailand is that it has slipped from 21st place last year to 26th this year, reported Thairath.

Sweden is top up from third last year while Canada loses its crown slipping to number two. Singapore is the best in SE Asia at number 20.

The rankings come from "The Reputation Institute" survey based in the US at Boston. It is meant to be a guide to help people making investment decisions in various countries around the world. Forbes magazine has reported on the results.

Thailand came in at 26th this year with the US itself ranked 28th. The UK is ranked at 13th below many other Western European nations but ahead of Germany at 18th. Both Australia and New Zealand make the top ten and Ireland is in the top ten for the first time.

Here is the full list of the top twenty most reputable nations according to the survey:

1. Sweden
2. Canada
3 Switzerland
4. Australia
5 Norway
6 Finland
7 New Zealand
8 Denmark
9 Ireland
10 The Netherlands
11 Austria
12 Italy
13 The UK
14 Japan
15 France
16 Belgium
17 Spain
18 Germany
19 Portugal
20 Singapore

And the least trustworthy at this time? According to the survey the bottom three are:

68 Pakistan
69 Iran
70 Iraq

Source: Forbes

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-14

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a complete load of bullocks.

the idiots in boston don't know what the he;; tey are talking about! if they are so sure than why don't they take their investments outside the U.S. I for one would never invest one baht in Thailand. there is no way that you could recover it if something went wrong!

"It is meant to be a guide to help people making investment decisions in various countries around the world" In Thailand the reputation is secure and predictable: you can't own a business or real property, corruption is a recognized institution and can be factored in, and quite assured you will be screwed. US is much less sure bet, more of a hit or miss affair. You may pay off an official to "get things done" but you may be caught out and sent to jail. No worries about that in land of smiles

I totally agree...are you guys at Thaivisa paid to publish nonsense? Trustworthy What?

Justice....

they cannot catch their own political prisoner who ran the country through his puppets.

They cannot curtail street violence

Courts are rigged ....if the judge does not understand english the sentence is often tainted.

Bribery within the ranks of officials, Police, Immigration and Local Government.

Banks

The most unsafe in the region...fluctuates. Interest rates a joke.

Communication is zero. They have the flash....oh sure the smile and all the pop bang and whistle to sell Burgers and candy

But spelling horibble, Communication unfriendly and selective......The sales people are more interested in their phone than in the customer.

Taxi...selective and corrupt

School level of International English for Business to invest here poor, very poor. Look at their spelling on billboards on street signs....probably using google to translate. It is not regulated

Security

There is no security in the country...presently under Marshal Law...everything is possible.....Dont like it here get out....thats the Thai attitude when they are proven wrong or corrected. In other words they are not on the progressive path...but on the complacent slack attitude......Leave me alone....I am Thai.

Immigration

That is a whole affair of legal gymnastics....a theatre of paper pushers.....they love it

Thats right they are well positioned at 26 on the list

Trust worthy can only be the first 10 the rest you check it out yourself.. come on a holiday and see how you are treated in the airport, shopping malls and on the street......smiles and smugs....

I would rather live in so many other locations on this planet than the US. The US is the world leader and thus should be leading by example; however it falls short in so many areas in comparison to other developed nations.

> America has one of the worst murder rate of any developed country

> Trillions in debt
> Huge homeless problem
> One of the worlds highest prison populations
> Still uses capital punishment in many states even though it obviously not only doesn't work but makes the situation worse
> A huge obese problem
> Lack of jobs
> Has been at war for 95% of the time it has been a country
> Kills millions of innocent people overseas and has even justified in an interview that the death of 500,000 Iraqi children was worth the price
> Lies to own citizens and creates false flags, such events as Pearl harbour spring to mind
> Has injected own citizens without their knowledge with plutonium in the 60s as research, as well as LSD
> Has released a bacterial cloud in San Fran from a navy vessel in the 70s to see how it would travel, scared of the Russians attacking. It caused many illnesses and one death, didn't tell it's own people.
> Biggest consumer in the world and thus is the most damaging country to the world on many levels
> Spies on it's own citizens like no other, and not only that but other people around the world
> Has spent over 700 billion on war in the past decade
> Only country to ever set off nuclear bombs on another nation in war
> Has set off most nuclear bombs in total
.. and so forth

​I would not trust the US government, I am physically not able to do that. The fact that recently the FBI director stated they would not be charging Hillary Clinton over something many others have done and have been punished for in a immense manner is just one drop in the ocean of problems there. All of these false flag events, the recent sniper incident who was killed by a robot with a bomb! I still have to shake my head at the many people still asleep and who are not able to see through the smoke and mirrors. The elites want a race war, they want chaos so they can come and swoop in to take over. Tomorrow the 15th is going to be a bad bad day for the US as the BLM movement (which is ran by a black dude paid by Soros) is going to cause much destruction. This is all part of the plan

Edited by ExpatLife

Putting Sweden at the top of the list speak for itself. The list is pure garbage.

Sweden is one of the most destroyed societies in Europe over the last 10-15 years. People are taxed to death and overrun by 3rd world immigration.

Pattaya, Patong and Nana Plaza put together are safer than any Swedish city.

Edited by ThailandLOS

I would have thought China was close to the top.

Doubt that Philippines, Vietnam, Taiwan would agree with you on that one after being denuded of their South China Sea Islands!

About the report:

Nations throughout the world are always interested in looking good and commanding respect—whether it’s to attract international business or mere vanity. Now we have a better idea which countries are considered the most reputable, thanks to the annual survey by The Reputation Institute (RI), a reputation-management consulting firm based in Boston that launched in 1997. Since it’s founding, the firm has offered corporate clients strategies and insights into how they might gauge and improve their reputation among customers in various markets around the globe.

RI’s ranking system is based on online surveys of 48,000 within G8 countries compiled this spring on 16 attributes, such as: is a country a safe place to visit? Is it beautiful? Is it friendly and welcoming to residents? Does it have progressive social and economic policies? Is it run by an effective government? And other questions.

I have to do too much work to find out what the "other questions" are ...but I tried ...they must offer a lot of relevant info, in my opinion, as to why Thailand is so high on this list.

Edited by amykat

I

Why doesn't he quote any statistics?

Because, no matter what anyone else may say, statistics do not lie.

People lie, but statistics don't.

Winnie

They tortured the statistics so long that Thailand crept up the list. Must be based on trusting your expectations clap2.gif

I totally agree...are you guys at Thaivisa paid to publish nonsense? Trustworthy What?

Justice....

they cannot catch their own political prisoner who ran the country through his puppets.

They cannot curtail street violence

Courts are rigged ....if the judge does not understand english the sentence is often tainted.

Bribery within the ranks of officials, Police, Immigration and Local Government.

Banks

The most unsafe in the region...fluctuates. Interest rates a joke.

Communication is zero. They have the flash....oh sure the smile and all the pop bang and whistle to sell Burgers and candy

But spelling horibble, Communication unfriendly and selective......The sales people are more interested in their phone than in the customer.

Taxi...selective and corrupt

School level of International English for Business to invest here poor, very poor. Look at their spelling on billboards on street signs....probably using google to translate. It is not regulated

Security

There is no security in the country...presently under Marshal Law...everything is possible.....Dont like it here get out....thats the Thai attitude when they are proven wrong or corrected. In other words they are not on the progressive path...but on the complacent slack attitude......Leave me alone....I am Thai.

Immigration

That is a whole affair of legal gymnastics....a theatre of paper pushers.....they love it

Thats right they are well positioned at 26 on the list

Trust worthy can only be the first 10 the rest you check it out yourself.. come on a holiday and see how you are treated in the airport, shopping malls and on the street......smiles and smugs....

Yes I too agree with its your rant that is a load of bullocks

the idiots in boston don't know what the he;; tey are talking about! if they are so sure than why don't they take their investments outside the U.S. I for one would never invest one baht in Thailand. there is no way that you could recover it if something went wrong!

You can trust that you will get the hell beat out of you after hours; someone will snatch your gold; your girl will rob you blind; and you can trust that no one will actually help you recover from rip off schemes. My electric went off for 8 hours yesterday and an hour today-trust on it. Whoever posted this is an idiot.

I would rather live in so many other locations on this planet than the US. The US is the world leader and thus should be leading by example; however it falls short in so many areas in comparison to other developed nations.

> America has one of the worst murder rate of any developed country

> Trillions in debt

> Huge homeless problem

> One of the worlds highest prison populations

> Still uses capital punishment in many states even though it obviously not only doesn't work but makes the situation worse

> A huge obese problem

> Lack of jobs

> Has been at war for 95% of the time it has been a country

> Kills millions of innocent people overseas and has even justified in an interview that the death of 500,000 Iraqi children was worth the price

> Lies to own citizens and creates false flags, such events as Pearl harbour spring to mind

> Has injected own citizens without their knowledge with plutonium in the 60s as research, as well as LSD

> Has released a bacterial cloud in San Fran from a navy vessel in the 70s to see how it would travel, scared of the Russians attacking. It caused many illnesses and one death, didn't tell it's own people.

> Biggest consumer in the world and thus is the most damaging country to the world on many levels

> Spies on it's own citizens like no other, and not only that but other people around the world

> Has spent over 700 billion on war in the past decade

> Only country to ever set off nuclear bombs on another nation in war

> Has set off most nuclear bombs in total

.. and so forth

​I would not trust the US government, I am physically not able to do that. The fact that recently the FBI director stated they would not be charging Hillary Clinton over something many others have done and have been punished for in a immense manner is just one drop in the ocean of problems there. All of these false flag events, the recent sniper incident who was killed by a robot with a bomb! I still have to shake my head at the many people still asleep and who are not able to see through the smoke and mirrors. The elites want a race war, they want chaos so they can come and swoop in to take over. Tomorrow the 15th is going to be a bad bad day for the US as the BLM movement (which is ran by a black dude paid by Soros) is going to cause much destruction. This is all part of the plan

# one.